Has Simplifi helped you better manage your finances? Tell us how here!

Ability to Have Multiple Spending Plans [edited] (2 Merged Votes)

acr
acr Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Feature Requests
I would benefit from the ability to create/track multiple budgets/spending plans for my household. For example, a household budget, and then 2 personal budgets.
13 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Paco
    Coach Paco Moderator admin

@acr I appreciate the feedback!

• Hi. It would really help if it were possible to budget both independently and with my partner. Right now we would have to create three accounts to manage our money together. One each for our personal finances and one for our shared expenses.
  • Jeffnewell88
    Jeffnewell88 Member
    edited May 2022
    I've run into a challenge where my wife and I have a joint account and most expenses come out of this account. This works great for managing all of our bills and income on this account. The challenge is we both have our own personal accounts and have a percentage of our income going into those accounts. We also have individual expenses that come out of our own accounts. I'd like the ability to have multiple budgets that sit completely independent of each other. Short of creating a whole new account I've tried everything to find a way to make it work, it just messes up reporting.

I'd even pay extra for this feature.
  • PolyNomad
    PolyNomad Member
    This would be a very useful feature. I have some accounts that are "household" accounts and some that are personal accounts. The household account is doesn't vary much month to month so for now I have the household accounts ignored from the spend plan. I would rather be able to have multiple spend plans and a way to associate accounts with a spend plan.
  • MoneySkeets
    MoneySkeets Member ✭✭
    Great idea!