Using splits (multiple categories) in Recurring Transactions (4 Merged Votes)

Comments

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    It's really needed for paychecks.  I am sure someone else mentioned it but I shall again.

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi Since 2021
    MS Money/Quicken Classic Since 1991

• thyndman
    thyndman Member
    Please add me to the list of those needing this feature.  Quicken taught me how important it is.  Seems it should be part of Simplifi.  I cannot recommend this product without this feature.
  • djjstew
    djjstew Member
    Thought I would move to a modern app from the old clunker Quicken but is this really the modern app? No recuring splits for paycheck and not even on the roadmap? No investment transactions? Guess I will check other apps and/or check back next year.
  • krames
    krames Member ✭✭
    This suggestion has been around for quite a bit!  It's at the top of my feature wish list from simplify. 

My use case revolves around splitting my insurance bill out into homeowners, auto, and personal article amounts.

I would appreciate it if someone could prioritize this or add it to a hackathon. 🙏
  • harinath
    harinath Member ✭✭
    Strongly support this feature request. Implementing this feature would also potentially address a related feature request - https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/2711/need-copy-paste-or-ability-to-duplicate-transactions-with-multiple-split-categories-edited#latest
  • JayT
    JayT Member ✭✭
    Simplifi development team: This feature request has been around since late 2019. It really needs to finally get on the roadmap as this is a very necessary feature for a modern finance tool and would be beneficial to all levels of users (both simple and complex). It's been very tedious to manually split paychecks and insurance bills every couple weeks. Please escalate this feature request, if possible. Thank you!
  • wallywanna
    wallywanna Member ✭✭
    Ie, Salary Net = $10 
    This is made up of two splits: Salary = $12, Tax withholding = -$2
  • thyndman
    thyndman Member
    Why hasn't this feature of the PC version of Quicken not been added to Simplifi?  This is a no brainer and would greatly enhance your product.  I waste lots of time correcting paychecks etc. to split these recurring transactions.  Please make this enhancement available ASAP.  I cannot recommend your product without it.
  • Blgeiger
    Blgeiger Member
    The inability to have recurring splits plus the inability to make investment transactions really limit the value of Simplifi. These both should be implemented asap - no more voting needed for such basic features. 
  • Count me in as well. 
  • JayT
    JayT Member ✭✭
    Any updates from the product team on this request? It would be great to hear its at least on the roadmap. Thanks!
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Thanks for reaching out, @JayT!

Sadly, there's no update to provide on this request as of yet, and I'm not sure that it's on the roadmap either. With that being said, however, this request is at the top of my list to get an update for, so I'm hoping to have an answer/update for everyone within the next few weeks. 🤞

-Coach Natalie
  • Vince
    Vince Member
    New to Simplifi and surprised this is not already supported. The app really needs this. Splitting transactions like paychecks is a core capability. I can't track my paycheck by category without updating it by hand, which is a big pain. Each paycheck splits into 15 categories. Not sure how long I can put up with doing this by hand each time.
  • Tice-Tice
    Tice-Tice Member
    This is DEBILITATING to not have this feature. Please, prioritize the development if it!! 
  • rthompson
    rthompson Member
    It is sadly missing to be able to create splits in recurring transactions
  • JayT
    JayT Member ✭✭
    Thanks for reaching out, @JayT!

Sadly, there's no update to provide on this request as of yet, and I'm not sure that it's on the roadmap either. With that being said, however, this request is at the top of my list to get an update for, so I'm hoping to have an answer/update for everyone within the next few weeks. 🤞

-Coach Natalie
    @Coach Natalie any update from the dev team on this feature request? Thanks!
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @JayT,

Although there is still no update to provide on this request, it has been submitted to the Product Team for review. Please be sure to continue following along here, as this post will be updated accordingly as soon as we receive any news. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • jaarso
    jaarso Member ✭✭
    I would like to add my vote for repeating splits to eliminate the manual chore of splitting my mortgage payment and paycheck.
  • JVM
    JVM Member
    As a long-time user of Quicken, I used the split transactions feature for my paychecks. I entered the gross amount and deductions for taxes, insurance, etc.  By doing this, I was able to track the total for each of those deductions. I suggest that Simplifi add option to create split recurring transactions. 
  • ByJam
    ByJam Member
    This is a feature I would like also.
  • krames
    krames Member ✭✭
    It is a little frustrating that this request is taking so long to get this prioritized. It is one of the oldest issues and has the most up votes. Just surveying a handful of comments, they seem to stress that this feature falls in the must have category.

Can you press product to determine if it will ever get on the roadmap or get them to provide some rational as to why they will not do this?

All that being said, I appreciate your diligence over the years to push for this issue @Coach Natalie.

Thanks!

Kyle

• smrtrich
    smrtrich Member ✭✭
    Count me in as wanting this enhancement as well.  Coming back to Simplifi after a 1 year away.   Setting things back up and this was the first issue I had.
  • PLEASE add the feature that would allow you to set up a recurring split transaction bill
  • Donni
    Donni Member
    I was a Quicken user from the original version back in the 90s until 2021 and cannot for the life of me figure out why Simplifi doesn't support splitting transactions across the board. Please do something about this. Split transactions are a necessity everywhere.
  • JayT
    JayT Member ✭✭
    @Coach Natalie any update on this feature request? We now have 100+ upvotes for this feature to be added which shows a lot of interest. Thanks!
  • Coach Natalie
    edited December 2022
    Hello @JayT,

Thanks for reaching out!

If you navigate to the very first post in this thread, you'll see that this Idea was submitted to the Product Team for review just a couple of months ago:

Once any further news becomes available, we will be sure to update the Idea Status accordingly. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • JayT
    JayT Member ✭✭
    @Coach Natalie Well, I honestly missed that update at the top of the thread! Thanks for pointing that out. I am excited to see the feature has been proposed to the product team, its been a long time coming. :)

Thank you for your support! It is much appreciated.
  • wiltap
    wiltap Member
    In Quicken I can set up a paycheck and when my transaction comes in I can match it.  The splits are maintained.  I would like similar/same functionality in Simplifi.
  • SalC
    SalC Member

I have a monthly payment for bundled home/auto insurance and it's a split transaction every time. However, I have to split each payment manually because the split won't be automatically recorded, even though it's a recurring transaction. It would be great if the recurring split transactions recorded everything automatically. Quicken does this, I know, and I'm sure other personal finance software does as well.

• This should be a pretty standard feature. This is greatly needed!