Community Post Bug

Flopbot
Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2022 in Using the Community
Hi @Coach Natalie,

This morning, I started noticing a bug when replying to posts in the community both on an iPad  (9th generation) [15.5] and on a Windows Laptop [Version 102.0.5005.115 (Official Build) (64-bit)].

Here's an example of where it happened (click here).

Notes:
  • When I click the "Post Discussion" button, I get this error and nothing happens...the edit post window stays on my screen.
  • Each time I repeatedly click the "Post Discussion" button, it does the same exact thing.
  • When I close the tab/window entirely and go back and find the post in the community, I see that there appears to be a post/reply from me (one post for each time I clicked the button).
  • However, when I look at the Home page, nothing shows up.  I.E. that post doesn't move to the top of the list of newest posts like it normally would.
  • I don't think this is occurring with new posts, just replies to old ones, but I guess we'll find out as soon as this one is done.  If it appears as a new post on the home page, then new posts aren't a problem!
Chris
Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
New to Simplifi in 2021.
Tagged:

Comments

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received the same error message a few times yesterday.  Haven't noticed it today
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited June 2022
    Hello @Flopbot,

Thank you for reporting this, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties with the Community.

Sadly, we've had some ongoing issues with the Community since Tuesday, some even impacting Moderator abilities. This has all been reported, however, I was not aware of the issue with comments not placing threads at the top of Recent Discussions. I did go ahead and get this behavior reported as well; although we don't have an ETA on a fix, I'm really hoping that they get these issues resolved ASAP.

Additionally, since your comment didn't bump that thread to the top of Recent Discussions (and didn't mark it as "unresolved" from a Moderator's perspective, which is part of the ongoing issues), I would have had no way of knowing that it was commented on.

With that said, if anyone notices any threads that were missed, or if any Community Members feel they didn't receive a response to something they've posted this week, please let us know. Please also let us know if anyone notices any comments that were posted multiple times. 

Fingers crossed for a quick resolution!

-Coach Natalie
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Coach Natalie

This is the other post that it occurred with for me (click here).
    Chris
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've ran into this bug again this morning.  Comment on a post, clicked on "Post Comment". Nothing seemed to happen and the error message appears at bottom left of page.  If you refresh the page after clicking on "Post Comment" you will see that your comment has been posted but you will also see your comment still showing up as a new comment at bottom of page and as a draft in your profile.  You have to delete the draft at some point but the comment does get posted.
    Danny
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... and right now with this comment... no problem at all, system worked as expected. 
    Danny
  • Coach Natalie
    Thanks for letting us know, @DannyB!

Sadly, the Community issues are still ongoing and we haven't been given an ETA on a resolution. Were you able to delete the duplicate comments from the post that you mentioned? If not, would you mind linking it here so I can take a look? :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Coach Natalie I only clicked post comment once.  My comment appeared not to post and the error message shown in @Flopbot 's screen shot above appeared.  This has happened several times over the past week.  Instead of attempting to post again I simply refreshed the page and my comment appeared as posted.  But I also had a new "draft" comment in my account and my comment continued to appear in the "Leave a Comment" box at the bottom of the page.  I deleted the text in the Leave a Comment entry field and deleted the draft in my account. 

Here is the conversation where I did this: https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/3455/color-coding-categories-in-reports#latest

I didn't need to delete any repeated duplicate comments since I only clicked the post comment once in this instance.  
    Danny
  • Coach Natalie
    Thank you for confirming, @DannyB!

I really, really hope that these issues are resolved soon. 🤞

-Coach Natalie
  • SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I saw this too late and I had posted same comment several times.  LOL.  I couldn't delete them unfortunately.  Now I know what to do.

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi Since 2021
    MS Money/Quicken Classic Since 1991

• Coach Natalie
    Thanks for letting us know @SRC54!

Would you mind sharing the posts that you commented on so I can delete the duplicates, please? :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Coach Natalie. I cannot find them right now, but I did edit all the duplicates by changing the post to one word, "Deleted".  I could edit but not delete. :smile:

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi Since 2021
    MS Money/Quicken Classic Since 1991

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Coach Natalie.  There seems to something odd going on with voting for ideas.  ALL the idea posts seem to be missing their vote buttons.

Chris
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Coach Natalie
    Oh no @Flopbot!

I am seeing this as well, but only on some Idea posts. I haven't been able to identify a pattern yet, but I did get the issue reported, and I also found a way to fix the issue in the meantime. Although I won't be able to go through every single one (we have almost 600 Ideas 😮), if you have a particular one you'd like me to fix, please provide it here and I'll take a look. 

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many times today, I get messages the 'voting is open' 'voting is closed' and 'voting is.' (with no further details).   My most recent post changed to "voting is." and this resulted in an inability to enter any votes but the vote count being shown.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Can you please provide the Idea post in question, @RobWilk?

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    The one which frequently changed today was https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/93 -- The one where the "Voting for the idea is." is https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/3594 -- For a brief moment it said voting was open then it changed to the incomplete sentence state.

The e-mail I get says:

The status has changed for .

Voting for the idea is .

if i link to the message from the e-mail it's one of the above two (most recently the latter).

For under 1-2 minutes this is what i got before that

The status has changed for .

Voting for the idea is open.

UPDATE: at 5:50pm it changed back to 'open'.

Still, it's "buggy" that it says "The status has changed for ." - there used to be a subject there.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Thanks, @RobWilk!

Yes, as mentioned here, we were doing some testing on the first Idea post, but it's still broken. But that Idea is definitely in progress!

For the second Idea post regarding a "Cash" type account, I don't know how many times I've fixed it to where the voting is active again, but it's been a lot, and it keeps reverting to its broken state. :disappointed:

As of the most recent update I received today, they're supposed to be doing a rollback to fix the issues that started popping up as of yesterday in the Community, so hopefully the rollback happens soon, and hopefully it fixes all of these issues with Idea posts. 

Let us know if anything else pops up, otherwise, we appreciate you hanging in here with us while these issues are being worked on. 

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I totally get that you are relying on a third party for the community software - and don't hold it against simplifi.  I've noticed (this will probably be deleted) community.myfitnesspal.com seems to use the same software as community.simplifimoney.com ... If i sign in and click the alerts icon on both websites, for example, the alert pop up looks near identical on both sites.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    edited July 2022
    You're right, @RobWilk -- MyFitnessPal's Community looks very similar to Simplifi's and Quicken's. I bet they do use the same third-party service as us. Hopefully they're not having all of the same issues! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Coach Natalie 7-days-later, this same bug with voting seems to still be an issue (I'm getting a bunch of notifications in e-mail), I take it rolling things back didn't happen or didn't work? 

Anyhow, Good Morning!  Surprised to see you here at 10am ET when I'm sure i saw you post around 6pm ET yesterday, though i guess that's about an 8 hour day

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Good morning, @RobWilk!

Although some issues with the Community were resolved as of this morning, it's not quite clear yet whether the issues with Idea posts have also been resolved. I've been changing/adding statuses when I see Ideas that are missing them, which is most likely the cause of the emails you're receiving. 

At this point, I'm just keeping an eye on things and am hoping that the buginess has cleared up. 🤞

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    edited September 2022
    Hello All,

It appears that most (if not all) of the Community bugs have been resolved at this point. I haven't noticed any issues with being able to post comments, with duplicate comments, or with weird email notifications. I just went through all of the Idea posts and it looks like all that should be open for voting are, and I also added status notes back to the ones that were missing them.

Is anyone else still seeing any issues?

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.