Optum Financial 2FA doesn't seem to be working for me

Havensd74
Havensd74 Member ✭✭
edited August 2022 in Adding and Updating Accounts
I was wondering if there has been any recent discussion regarding connecting to Optum Financial?  I had some issues earlier in June but was able to resolve them by adding the newer link for Optum Financial.  A few days ago Simplifi told me I needed to reconnect to Optum Financial (which I have been trying for several days).  I am able to log into the site directly using the link provided for the account, however, when trying to reconnect via Simplifi, I get to the 2FA stage and when I request a code be texted to my phone it seems to crash.

I am left with a Care Code: FDP-106.

The message says in order to fix I must reconnect my account, however, I cannot get past the 2FA.
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @Havensd74,

Thank you for taking the time to report this to the Community, although I apologize that you're experiencing difficulties connecting to Optum Financial in Simplifi.

To clarify, have you been able to successfully complete MFA with Optum in the past, or are the MFA requests a new requirement? Since following the prompts to reconnect the account doesn't seem to be working, I'd suggest performing an account reset by following these steps:
    1. Hover over the menu on the left-hand side and select Settings.

2. Select Accounts.

3. Locate the Financial Institution that's receiving the error and select the three dots at the end of it.

4. Select Reset connection and then click Reset.

5. Enter your credentials, then click Connect.

6. Once your accounts are presented, select the Link option to the right of each account.

7. Click Link To and select the matching account.

8. Click Complete when done.

More details on resetting account connections can be found here, and more details on a 106 error can be found here. Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie
  • Havensd74
    Havensd74 Member ✭✭
    I'm not positive if the MFA request is a new requirement or not.  I don't recall having to do it in the past.  I know I have to do it when I log into the website directly.  Simplifi does also show me the MFA request, but seems to crash when I request a code via text message.

I have tried the steps you outlined, but I cannot get past step 5 (enter your credentials, then click connect).  I enter my credentials, then I get an MFA request screen.  I choose to text me a code and it crashes.  I cannot get any further then that.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Havensd74,

Thanks for attempting the steps and posting back!

To clarify, are you using the Simplifi Mobile App or the Web App? If you're using the Mobile App, would you mind giving it a try from the Web App? And if the issue is occurring on the Web App, would you mind trying from a different browser and/or in incognito mode? 

If the issue persists, please describe what specifically occurs when Simplifi crashes -- does it freeze on a specific screen, are you unable to press a certain button, etc.?

Much appreciated!

-Coach Natalie
  • Havensd74
    Havensd74 Member ✭✭
    I am using the web app with MS Edge.  I have also tried connecting using Firefox.  

The issue that specifically occurs happens after selecting my method for the MFA request.  

I input my credentials for Optum Financial and a screen pops up asking if I would like to receive a text message or a phone call (I have tried both).

When I make my selection and click connect, I get kicked back out to the original "Reconnect Account" dialog box with the following error message:

"This usually happens if an account nickname or number has changed at your bank. To fix you must reconnect your account.  Care Code: FDP-106"

The app itself doesn't crash, the request to connect the account does.  I am still able to cancel out the request to reconnect and use Simplifi.

I am able to log into the account directly via the web link.

Thanks,
    David
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Havensd74,

Thank you for providing additional details!

I'd like to go ahead and get the 106 error escalated, however, I do need to confirm a bit more information first:
    1. What type of account(s) are you receiving the error on?
    2. Have there been any changes on the bank's website recently?
    3. Has there been any activity in the account(s) in the last 90 days?
    4. What is the exact URL you see after signing into the bank's website?
    5. What is the account nickname(s), as it appears on the bank's website?
    6. What is the name of the account(s), as it appears in Simplifi?
    Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie
  • Havensd74
    Havensd74 Member ✭✭
    1 - It is a Health Savings Account (HSA) that has an associated cash account and an investment account.
    2 - Not to my knowledge
    3 - Yes, it has activity at least every 2 weeks
    4 - https://secure.optumfinancial.com/portal/CC?rnd=1657309048395
    5 - HSA 2022 and HSA Investments
    6 - Optum HSA and Optum HSA Investments

• Coach Natalie
    Hello @Havensd74,

Thank you for providing the requested information!

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated and will be sure to post back as soon as an update is received.

-Coach Natalie

EWC-9581316
  • Coach Natalie
    edited July 2022
    Hello @Havensd74,

Thank you for your patience as this is being investigated!

It looks like we'll need to schedule a debugging session with you in order to continue investigating this issue. The available times are Monday-Friday between 05:00 AM PST and 08:30 AM PST -- do you have any availability during these hours? :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Havensd74
    Havensd74 Member ✭✭
    Yeah, I am available next Monday (7/18) at 9 AM EDT.  I believe that is 6 AM PST.

Thanks,
    Dave
  • Coach Natalie
    Awesome, @Havensd74!

I went ahead and created a new ticket to request that specific time -- I'll let you know as soon as I receive confirmation. :smile:

-Coach Natalie

CTP-4034
  • Havensd74
    Havensd74 Member ✭✭
    Just wondering if we are still on for Monday at 9am EDT (6 am PDT).

No one has contacted me with information on how setup the debugging session.
  • Havensd74
    Havensd74 Member ✭✭
    Hello,

Since it is currently Monday (7/18) at 9am EDT (6 am PDT), I assume no one will be helping me with this?  

I know everyone probably has a lot going on and it is me that requires assistance but since you asked me to provide a day and time within your team's schedule, which I did, it would have been nice to be able to stick to that (especially since there was 4 days' notice given).  I'm sure nobody cares, but I did actually have to make some effort in order to make this time available for myself as well.

Thanks,
    Dave 
  • Coach Natalie
    edited July 2022
    Hello @Havensd74,

Unfortunately, I never received a confirmation for the requested time. Since we not only have to schedule the session with our internal team, but with our Service Provider as well, the requested time may have not been far enough in advance to arrange everything. At any rate, I definitely apologize for the inconvenience and confusion.

With that said, we will need to get a new time from you so I can let our team know. With those same available times (Monday-Friday between 05:00 AM PST and 08:30 AM PST), do you possibly have a time available next week? Or a potential range of times? I think arranging something a little further out, as well as providing a range instead of a specific time, will allow us to better get it scheduled in time from our end. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Havensd74
    Havensd74 Member ✭✭
    My schedule fluctuates a lot, it is difficult to provide a range.  I usually have to pick a day/time so I can put it on my calendar so no one else schedules a meeting with me.

At the moment, I can do Wednesday (7/20) at 10 am EDT (7am PST), Thursday (7/21) at 9 am EDT (6am PST) or next (Monday (7/25) at 9am EDT (6am PST).  
  • Coach Natalie
    Thanks, @Havensd74!

We won't be able to schedule for the current week so I did go ahead and request the time for next Monday, July 25th at 6 am PT. I can't guarantee that this time will be available, however, I will be sure to let you know as soon as I hear back. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello again @Havensd74,

I apologize for the delay, however, I still have not heard back from the team on whether next Monday will work. At this point, I was hoping that I could get some more potential date and time options from you for later on next week, or even the following week. 

Much appreciated!

-Coach Natalie
  • Havensd74
    Havensd74 Member ✭✭
    Hello,

I appreciate the effort, but it's been a couple weeks now of this and it's been made pretty clear where my time falls in this discussion.

Rather than me trying to carve out some time for you guys and being cancelled over and over again maybe you can just let me know a good time and I'll do my best to attend.  I'm not really sure why I'm needed, it would appear others are having the same issue.

The error seems to be with linking the accounts to existing accounts.  The last time this happened I was able to work around it by completely deleting my existing Optum Financial account and adding it back fresh (I used the newest link).  I don't want to do that every time though because I lose all the historical data.  Currently, the process gets through the MFA, but before the box comes up asking me to link to an existing account it just flashes back to the original box asking for my credentials.  That seems to be the where the error occurs in the code.

Regards,
    David
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Havensd74,

I apologize that we haven't been able to schedule a session with you yet. I definitely understand where you're coming from and wish I were able to gather available times to provide to you, however, it doesn't work that way, unfortunately. This is most likely due to not only needing to schedule the session with our internal team, but with our Service Provider as well, as both parties will be attending.

In order to schedule these sessions, I need to obtain available times from you to provide to our team so they can schedule the time with our Service Provider. A range of times is preferred, and we cannot request sessions for the current week. The time(s) will still need to also fall within the available time range originally provided -- Monday-Friday between 05:00 AM PST and 08:30 AM PST.

When it comes to your presence being required during the session, I believe this is most likely because they need to follow the aggregation events and the MFA/OTP process as it's occurring, and they need you to attempt to connect the accounts while they're on the call with you.

Please let us know what time(s) next week work best for you, and I will do my best to get a session scheduled as quickly as possible. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello again @Havensd74,

I've received an update from my Team on the session, and it looks like they're going to email you directly to coordinate a time with you and our Service Provider.

Please let me know if you experience any trouble with this, otherwise, I hope this gets resolved for you swiftly!

-Coach Natalie
  • Havensd74
    Havensd74 Member ✭✭
    Hello,

An email would be great.

Thanks,
    Dave
  • Havensd74
    Havensd74 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Hello,

I have not received any email updates, however, I noticed you posted in the other thread that was split from my original thread this issue was resolved.  

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/3599/2fa-not-working-with-optum-financial#latest

I am happy to report that the issue was also resolved for me as well.  

Thanks,
    Dave 
  • Coach Natalie
    That's great to hear, @Havensd74! I'll let the Team know. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.