Mobile app: Linking bill or subscription reminders to transactions doesn’t always work

Options
s4ntos3
s4ntos3 Member
edited August 2022 in Report a Bug
Quite often, when I try to link a bill or subscription reminder to a transaction, the link is not created but the app reports no errors. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @s4ntos3,

Thank you for reporting this behavior to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing an issue with linking transactions to Reminders on the Simplifi Mobile App.

Would you mind providing some more details as to what specifically occurs, please? Are you linking the transaction to the Reminder from the Reminder directly or from the transaction directly? If you've only tried one way, I'd definitely suggest giving the other way a try as well. 

What specifically occurs when the link is not created? Does the Reminder still show in the Upcoming view, or does the transaction still show in the list as available to link to, etc.? Also, have you tried linking the transaction to the Reminder from the Simplifi Web App to see if you get different results, by chance?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie
  • s4ntos3
    s4ntos3 Member
    Options
    Hello Natalie,

I normally link a bill/subscription to a transaction from the reminder. However, doing it from the transaction does work. Thanks for the suggestion.

When linking using the reminder, I am able to select the transaction and tap apply. I’m returned to the reminder screen but the update button is grayed out. The reminder will continue to show as past due on the dashboard and all other screens. The is true for both bill and subscription reminders and for pith pending and cleared transactions.
  • s4ntos3
    s4ntos3 Member
    Options
    I’ll try with the web app once this happens again. For now, I no longer have any bills/subs that need to be linked. 
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @s4ntos3,

Thanks for posting back with additional details!

On the Mobile App, when linking a Reminder to a transaction from the Reminder directly, you shouldn't be returned to a Reminder screen with an "Update" button -- the link should happen automatically once you click "Apply", and the only thing you should see happen is the Reminder being removed from the Upcoming view. I tested this from a few different locations and didn't see any issues when doing so, and everything behaved as expected.

With that said, I'd suggest performing a full uninstall and reinstall of the Simplifi Mobile App, while performing a device reboot in between. Hopefully this will help get things cleared up for you.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.