Still missing transactions from Discover

System
System Administrator admin
edited September 2022 in Adding and Updating Accounts
This discussion was created from comments split from: Why are my Discover credit card transactions appearing as both expenses and income?.
Tagged:

Comments

• Taylor E
    Taylor E Member
    I am still experiencing this issue. None of the July transactions for my Discover Card show up in Simplifi. 
  • clawrimore
    clawrimore Member
    @Taylor E It's the same for me. The known issue linked above has been ongoing since July 6th with 0 updates...frustrating for a paid product like this.
  • clawrimore
    clawrimore Member
    @Coach Natalie I see that you just marked the known issue linked above as resolved, but my July transactions are still not showing up. I deleted and re-added the account.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @Taylor E & @clawrimore,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're both still missing transactions from Discover in Simplifi.

It looks like most instances of this issue have been resolved, so we did go ahead and resolve the Community Alert so that anyone who may still be experiencing an issue can report it instead of following the Alert. With that said, since you're both still seeing an issue, I'd like to go ahead and gather examples and get these instances escalated.

First, just to make sure that we're covering all of the bases, please go ahead and look over the information and steps outlined here to troubleshoot missing transactions in Simplifi. If the issue persists, please provide a few specific examples of transactions that are missing with the Date, Payee, and Amount. We would also need to know the name of the account the transactions are missing from, as it appears in Simplifi. And finally, we would need to know if the missing transactions are impacting the balance displayed in Simplifi.

Screenshots of the transactions and balance displayed on the bank's website, as well as comparison screenshots of the balance and register in Simplifi showing that the transactions are missing, would also be wonderful to have.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie
  • clawrimore
    clawrimore Member
    @Coach Natalie I just PM'd you the information requested. Thanks
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @clawrimore,

Thank you for providing the requested information!

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated and will be sure to post back as soon as an update is received.

-Coach Natalie

EWC-9612425
  • 4alizer
    4alizer Member
    Hi Natalie - I'm still having the same issue as well. Luckily for me, the transactions did update up til July 15, but no new transactions since then are coming in. 

What's interesting is the expenses/income issue I was experiencing was resolved, as well as the account balance in Simplifi matches my account balance on the Discover website. It's just transactions since July 15th aren't appearing. Is there any way I could be included in this issue as well? Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @clawrimore,

Thank you for your patience as this is being worked on!

I've received an update from my Team, and it looks like since you have a credit card account with Discover, you'll want to use the option listed as "Discover Card" in Simplifi instead of "Discover Bank". They stated that they can see the missing transactions from the back end using the "Card" option, so switching you to the correct bank instance should resolve this matter for you.

With that said, you can either reset the account connection, or make the account manual and then re-link it using the Add Account flow, but you'll want to be sure to connect to the "Card" option instead of the "Bank" option. More details on linking existing accounts in Simplifi can be found here

Please let me know if you need any further directives on performing these steps and I'd be happy to elaborate. Otherwise, please let us know how it goes!

@4alizer -- do you also have a credit card account with Discover? If so, before we escalate, please go ahead and switch your account over to the "Discover Card" instance, as it looks like you're also currently using "Discover Bank".

Hopefully this will result in downloaded transactions for both of you! 🤞

-Coach Natalie
  • Murphybp2
    Murphybp2 Member ✭✭
    I noticed the same issue.  I have Discover Checking, Savings and Credit Card.  Previously I just used Discover Banking and it connected all 3 accounts, which made sense since Discover now has a single login for all their services.  But my credit card transactions stopped on July 9th.  

I did as suggested above and connected to Discover Card, and had to create a new account, but it's working now.  Unfortunately if you had any transfers into the old credit card account, you're going to have to go and update those to point to the new account.  You'll also have to update recurring transactions.  I only have a few months of transactions, but if you've had the credit card for a while, this could be a hassle. 

@Coach Natalie is there an easier way to get the new credit card setup that I may not be aware of? 
  • clawrimore
    clawrimore Member
    @Coach Natalie Thanks for your response. It looks like things are working now; I deleted the Discover institution, added the credit card from discovercard.com first, and then connected discoverbank.com to connect my checkings and savings but opted not to add the credit card from that url.

In the recent past, I had trouble connecting my credit card via discovercard.com, and was told on support chat to add it via discoverbank.com.

Glad everything is working and resolved now. Thanks for all your help!
  • 4alizer
    4alizer Member
    @Coach Natalie I was connected to Discover Bank and followed your solution - it worked! Thanks for the quick response.
  • Coach Natalie
    That's great, @clawrimore & @4alizer!

@Murphybp2 -- rather than adding the account as new, you should be able to link it to your existing account. First, you'll want to delete the new duplicate account. Next, you'll want to make the existing account manual by following the steps listed here.

Once the existing account is manual, you can then go through the Add Account flow and use the "Discover Card" instance. Once the list of accounts that are available to add is presented, you'll want to carefully link the account to the existing Simplifi account by following the steps listed here

I'm not sure if you still have the original account in Simplifi, but if you do, the above steps should resolve the issue. More details on handling duplicate accounts in Simplifi can be found here

I hope this helps, but please let us know if you have any further questions!

-Coach Natalie
  • Taylor E
    Taylor E Member
    @Coach Natalie relinking my credit card account seems to have done the trick. Thanks for your help!

-Taylor
  • Coach Natalie
    Awesome, @Taylor E!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.