2FA not working with Optum Financial

System
System Administrator admin
edited September 2022 in Adding and Updating Accounts
This discussion was created from comments split from: Optum Financial 2FA doesn't seem to be working for me.
Tagged:

Comments

• TheNigerianPrince
    TheNigerianPrince Member ✭✭✭✭
    As an additional datapoint, I'm also experiencing this issue. Exactly as described.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @TheNigerianPrince,

Thank you for reporting this to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're also experiencing difficulties connecting to Optum Financial in Simplifi.

To clarify, is the issue occurring on an existing account or when attempting to connect to Optum Financial for the first time? If the latter, have you tried both of the options listed in Simplifi for Optum Financial, by chance? 

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie
  • TheNigerianPrince
    A long while ago, I had issues with an existing account where it kept failing to connect with an FDP-105 a while back. 

Eventually I got frustrated and unlinked the account. I'm trying to link it afresh now, and getting the same issue post-2FA as that other person reported.

This is happening with both options for Optum Financial as in your screenshot. Identical behavior.
  • Coach Natalie
    Thanks for confirming, @TheNigerianPrince!

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated and will be sure to post back as soon as I receive an update. 

-Coach Natalie

EWC-9606474
  • Coach Natalie

Thank you for your patience as this is being worked on!

I've received an update from my Team stating that the issue should now be resolved. Please go ahead and give this connection another try in Simplifi and let us know how it goes. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • TheNigerianPrince
    edited July 2022
    Now I'm just getting repeated FDP-102 errors, and every time I click "Try again", I have to do 2FA again.

This is happening with both "Optum Financial" and "Optum Financial (Previously ConnectYourCare)" connections.
  • Coach Natalie

Thanks for posting back, although I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing difficulties connecting.

A 102 error indicates that the financial institution is throttling connection traffic, which means they're limiting the number of successful connections. These errors usually self-resolve within 72 hours, so we'll want to allow a few days to see if the issue clears up. I'm seeing that the 102 error just started today, so let's give it until the beginning of next week to see if things clear up.

More details on a 102 error can be found here. Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie
  • TheNigerianPrince
    The error is very consistent and I've still been completely unable to add the account. Even trying at midnight Pacific time (you'd think there'd be less traffic) doesn't help.
  • Coach Natalie

Thank you for waiting the allotted time and posting back, although I'm sorry to hear that the trouble persists.

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated and will be sure to post back as soon as an update is received.

-Coach Natalie

EWC-9626446
  • Coach Natalie

Thank you for your patience as this was being worked on!

I've received an update from my Team stating that the issue should now be resolved. Would you mind giving this another try and letting us know how it goes, please? 🤞

-Coach Natalie
  • TheNigerianPrince
    I just tried it out and yes, I can connect the account now, thanks!
  • Coach Natalie
    Yay, @TheNigerianPrince!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.