Transactions not showing up for PayPal Cashback Mastercard

TheNigerianPrince
TheNigerianPrince Member ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2022 in Adding and Updating Accounts
The card is linked via the "PayPal Credit, Mastercard and Crypto" connection.

The account balances update accurately, but zero transactions show up.

I can't link the account via the regular "PayPal" connection, as it simply doesn't show up for that connection (only the regular PayPal account shows up).

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @TheNigerianPrince,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you're missing transactions from PayPal in Simplifi.

To clarify, is this issue occurring upon your first time attempting to connect to PayPal in Simplifi, or is it occurring on an existing account? I can confirm that credit card account types with PayPal need to be connected using the option listed as "PayPal Credit, MasterCard, and Crypto", which is most likely why the account is not available to connect when using the regular "PayPal" option.

We have recently undergone some changes when it comes to connecting to PayPal, so I'd definitely suggest taking a look over our Support Article to make sure you're following the appropriate steps. 

http://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/6264066-changes-to-paypal-account-services

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie
  • TheNigerianPrince
    This is a first-time connection to the credit card account. It has no issues connecting, and it pulls and updates the balance correctly. But I see no transactions at all.
  • Coach Natalie
    Thanks for confirming the issue, @TheNigerianPrince!

Please provide us with a few example transactions with the Date, Payee, and Amount, as well as the name of the account the transactions are missing from, as it appears in Simplifi. A screenshot of the transactions displayed on the bank's website and a comparison screenshot of the register in Simplifi showing that the transactions are missing would also be helpful to have.

Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie
  • TheNigerianPrince
    edited July 2022
    I'm not exactly comfortable sharing my transaction information on a public forum.

That said, when adding the account, it shows up as "PayPal Credit" in the accounts list in Simplifi. PayPal has a line of credit product named "PayPal Credit" which is separate from this card, "PayPal Cashback Mastercard".

Could it be that this credit card is being conflated with the credit line? Because I do not have a "PayPal Credit" account - I never applied - but the "PayPal Credit" that shows up has the exact balance of the Mastercard, but just no transactions.
  • TheNigerianPrince
    edited July 2022
    I was reluctant to share this additional tidbit, but on the competing platform with a four-letter name starting with an 'M' (apparently it automatically gets redacted here), the "PayPal Credit" account that's detected shows up as a Line of Credit rather than a credit card - but it does have the balance of my Credit Card, and as I said earlier, I don't have a Line of Credit account.
  • Coach Natalie

Thanks for posting back with additional details!

It's possible that PayPal is sending in the incorrect account type, however, you should be able to change the account type to "Credit Card" under Settings>Accounts. It's also possible that this may be tied to the missing transactions issue, but we wouldn't know until the issue gets escalated to the appropriate teams. 

With that said, we will need to gather that information from you in order to proceed with an escalation. There are a few options to share the information privately -- you can DM it to me here in the Community, I can email you a link to our Secure File Exchange, or you can contact our Support Team directly to report the issue via a private chat session. 

-Coach Natalie
  • TheNigerianPrince
    edited August 2022
    Alright, I"ll DM you.

Edit: Sent the message with attachments.
  • Coach Natalie

Thank you for providing the requested information!

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated and will be sure to let you know as soon as an update is received.

-Coach Natalie

EWC-9626674
  • Coach Natalie

Thank you for your patience as this was being worked on!

I've received an update from my Team stating that the issue should now be resolved and that transactions should download as expected. Would you mind updating the account in Simplifi and letting us know how it goes, please?

-Coach Natalie
  • TheNigerianPrince
    I just checked, and yes, transactions seem to be importing now, as a number of the manual ones now have bank matches.

However, the first two transactions - which fall on a different statement - do not seem to have got imports. They still show up as Manual.
  • Coach Natalie

I'm glad to hear that transaction downloads are working now!

When it comes to the older transactions not matching to a bank download, it's possible that the bank didn't provide transactional data that far back. Most banks provide 90 days' worth of transactions, however, some only provide 30 days.

I'd say this is most likely the culprit, but please do keep an eye on things to make sure that transactions continue to download properly moving forward. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.