Missing Utah Educational Savings Plan (aka my529)

LAMD
LAMD Member ✭✭

The Utah Educational Savings Plan - also known as my529 - is missing from the investment accounts.

Tagged:
37 votes

In Review · Last Updated

We are working to establish this connection in Simplifi, however, we cannot guarantee that we'll be able to support a requested bank.

Comments

• Coach Paco
    Coach Paco Moderator admin

@LAMD We have requested it!

• Add the 529 (College savings account) for Utah Educational Savings Plan (my529.org)
  • LAMD
    LAMD Member ✭✭
    Looks like this was first requested in March 2020 - any update?
  • lowkeyfaust
    lowkeyfaust Member ✭✭
    I would also like to add my529.org. The URL is https://login.my529.org/

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @LAMD,

Thank you for the inquiry!

At this time, there's no update to provide on this one, I apologize. I will, however, be sure to post back as soon as any new information becomes available. :smile:

Thank you,

Coach Natalie
  • I also have accounts at my529.org and would like to connect to them.
  • alskop
    alskop Member
    edited August 2022
    I'd like to revive this post. As a 20+year Quicken user I can connect Utah 529 with that. It even works on [removed], both associated with Intuit and Simplifi, so shouldn't it be easy to get this done? 

Trying Simplifi for the first time and this might be a deal breaker. Thanks! 

• The Utah my529 is one of the top ranked 529 plans in the country. As a user I really expect it to be on there. Is there a timeline for this being added @Coach Natalie?
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @KK_swifty,

Thanks for reaching out!

Sadly, there is no further update to provide on this request at this time. Once an update does become available, we'll be sure to update this post accordingly.

Sorry for not having a better answer!

-Coach Natalie
  • slb
    slb Member

Please add linking to UESP accounts on 529.org. Mint has this available.

• Palavis
    Palavis Member ✭✭

Facing the same issue with connecting to my529 (UTAH 529), list still not updated.

https://my529.org/

• Do you have an update on the requests to add my529.org ? I would like this added please.

• eattrig
    eattrig Member

I also need my529. It represents a major part of my total investments.

• Please add my529!

• eattrig
    eattrig Member
    edited December 2023

I recently contacted Simplifi who said they want to integrate with my529, but my529 has not yet approved it. They requested that I contact my529 to request they give Simplifi access. I did - both call and email. I recommend everyone here do the same.

• slb
    slb Member

Another request to please add support for my529. Mint had this available.

• EricH
    EricH Member

Also requesting to prioritize the feature to sync simplifi with the My529 (Utah 529) plan. I had this option in mint for years, but it doesn't seem that Simplifi can do it. Frustrating.

There are definitely way too many things that I'll have to continue to update manually that I didn't have to in Mint. I can tolerate that for a while, but if it's going to be an ongoing situation that's just not going to work and I'll have to look for other options.

Thanks, Eric

• eattrig
    eattrig Member

I agree. And Mint was free. We all pay for Simplifi. I won’t renew if they don’t add my529.

• please add, this is one of the most popular 529 out there. its frustrating that this is supported on most other platforms

• eattrig
    eattrig Member

@Coach Natalie - any news on this? As I mentioned, I contacted my529 a few weeks ago but haven’t heard back

• sgt_nach
    sgt_nach Member

Another new Simplifi user looking for this connection. I'll contact my529 as suggested above and hope for the best.

• Max1223
    Max1223 Member ✭✭✭

+1 for my529

• I'll add my voice to this request!

my529 does allow for aggregator access. Like many others here, I had my529 accounts linked in Mint.com and grew accustomed to seeing them as part of my portfolio.

Does Simplifi have a mechanism by which customers can upvote these sorts of requests (or see where they are in the queue)?

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin

Hello @JaredJohansen,

To add your vote for an issue, you would click on the up arrow near the number. Depending on the status of the Idea, some allow both up and downvotes, some allow only upvotes, and if the Idea is already in planned status, there may not be any option to vote at all.

There isn't a mechanism to tell where an Idea is in queue, but you can get a general idea of the status by looking at the yellow Idea status bar. It will show the status, last update, and any comments.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Kristina

• I will add to this request. I am coming over from Mint and have see most of my accounts that could connect through mint have also been able to connect to in Simplifi (although a few that appear to be able to connect are having connection issues). However, My529 is an important connection and I hope more can be done to establish a connection.

• EricH
    EricH Member

I'm down to only 3 things I have to go update manually in Simplifi regularly (my529 being one of them), so it's getting closer, but still a hassle I didn't need to deal with in Mint.

And of course I am paying for Simplifi now, vs. Mint was free, so... Please do get the my529 sync working.

Thank you!

Eric

• Please add support for my529. As others have noted, it is one of the top 529 plans in the country. Intuit and even Fidelity Full View, practically all of your competition supports it. Why wouldn't you?

• Mona S
    Mona S Member
    edited January 22

Can't believe this one is not available. Keeping my fingers crossed it will be enabled soon. Please help!

• eattrig
    eattrig Member

@Coach Kristina - any news on this? It seems a lot of people need this feature.

• Adding another request for adding my529, I am another user migrating from Mint and surprised to see this account is not available. This thread has been open for ~4 years now, and this is one of the highly rated 529 programs. Please support it soon.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.