Projected Cash Flow / Balance with Pending Wrong with BOA Synced Accounts

Options
captbunzo
captbunzo Member
edited September 2022 in Troubleshooting
Hi,

I am new to Simplifi and thought at first I was not understanding how it was supposed to work. However, with a bit more looking I have realized it is just doing something wrong. It is doing this with multiple of my accounts synced from BOA. However, this one account that is quite new and has just a handful of transactions provides a clean example.

Do the math...
6700.68 - 1000 - 300 - 1000 - 100 - 500 - 200 - 132.68 = 3468
However, Simplifi believes the balance should be 3135.32. If I hover over the projected cash flow for today, it also shows 3135.32.

Funny thing...
3468 - 200 - 132.68 = 3135.32
Lastly, if I change from the "Balance with Pending" option to the "Bank Balance" option, Simplifi shows the balance that BOA shows me on their website and that includes the final two pending transactions having been already pulled out, i.e. 3468.

The Bank Balance option states that the balance received from the bank does not usually have pending transactions applied. Well, in this case it clearly does.

I don't know if this can be identified somehow in the feed the bank provides, in their API. Or, if not, maybe this needs to be an option you can set for an account.
Tagged:

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've seen this with another bank too.  Pending charges normally aren't deducted from bank balance but sometimes were.  I think what i did as a short-term fix is when i detected this happening i manually marked the charges as cleared because the bank did register them.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @captbunzo,

Thank you for posting to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're seeing an incorrect balance in Simplifi.

It looks like you may have already contacted our Chat Support regarding this issue, however, I did want to reiterate that when disabling the 'Balance with pending' option, you do need to wait at least 4-6 hours to see the change reflected in Simplifi. More details on this, as well as how Simplifi calculates your balance for connected accounts, can be found here

Also, when it comes to having a 'Balance with pending' option for each of your individual accounts, this is available under Settings>Accounts. You'll also find the steps for this listed in the above-referenced Support Article.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.