Simplifi Reverts My Changes

Options
MakeItHurt82
MakeItHurt82 Member ✭✭
edited September 2022 in Report a Bug
Good morning,

I’m having a recurring problem with Simplifi (both the Web and iOS) reverting changes I make to my transactions or upcoming reminders. 
- Bills or reminders linked to pending transactions become unlinked when the transactions posts, even though the title and dollar amount remain unchanged and the reminders reappear in my upcoming list.

- Categories revert from what I set them to be to what Simplifi THINKS they should be once they post, and I’ve verified I don’t have any rules that would have caused this.

- Amounts that I specify for upcoming reminders revert to the recurring amount. For example, if I change an upcoming bill payment to account for extra I’m planning on paying, I frequently have to re-edit the reminder as Simplifi will change the reminder to reflect the recurring series instead of my manual update.

The resulting rework is becoming frustrating, and the convenience of the software is being degraded
by the lack of reliability. 

Ryan

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @MakeItHurt82,

Thank you for reporting these issues to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this behavior in Simplifi.

I've noticed little glitches like this in Simplifi as well, but it's never been anything too major for me. I'd be happy to report what you're seeing to our Product Team, however, we would need specific examples with an outline of what specifically occurs for each individual situation. You can provide some example transactions with the Date, Payee, and Amount, what the transaction was edited to, what it reverted back to and when, what Reminder it was linked to, when it became unlinked, etc. 

You can provide the same information for specific Reminder examples -- the Date, Payee, and Amount, what the Reminder was edited to, what it reverted back to and when, where you edited the Reminder, or whether you edited the entire Recurring Series, etc.

Please also specify whether each specific example occurred on the Web App, the Mobile App, or both. You can totally share screenshots of the issues as well!

Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie
  • MakeItHurt82
    MakeItHurt82 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Coach Natalie,

I’ve attached an example. You can see a lot of duplicate transactions here ( should be 1 set of 50, 50, 250). I had already linked the planned reminders to the downloaded transactions when they occurred at the beginning of the month. This morning, i noticed Simplifi had created a whole new set of transactions with different categories, but still has the originals. My bank balance reads correctly but my spending plan is counting them twice. I didn’t change or manipulate these once i linked the transactions, so i don’t know what could have caused the change.

[edited image to reduce size]
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @MakeItHurt82,

Thanks for sharing a screenshot!

Unfortunately, the example and screenshot provided don't offer a whole lot of insight into the reported issues. If you're seeing duplicate transactions specifically, you'll want to take a look at each of the individual transactions to determine where they came from, etc.

You should be able to see the "Appears on your statement as..." info for each of the transactions if they were downloaded from the bank, and you should also be able to see whether the transaction is linked to a Recurring Bill, Subscription, or Income. More details on troubleshooting duplicate transactions can be found here

I'd also suggest taking a look at your Recurring Series/Spending Plan to make sure things are properly set up and that the transactions in question are being properly linked. If you're seeing an issue with your Recurring Transactions and/or the Spending Plan, you'll also want to provide specific examples of those. 

Also, are you just seeing the issues on the Simplifi Mobile App? If so, have you checked the Simplifi Web App? If not, I'd definitely suggest doing so at https://www.quicken.com/simplifi/

Alternatively, for more advanced assistance, you may consider contacting our Support Team directly, as they have the ability to engage in a screen sharing session with you and should be able to get a better idea of what's going on. 

http://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

-Coach Natalie
  • G Darrow
    Options
    I am having the same issue when it comes to categorizing a pending transaction.  It seems each time the app "reconnects" it will revert to the original category it "guessed" was correct.
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @G Darrow,

Thank you for reporting this to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're also seeing this issue in Simplifi. 

As mentioned above, in order to look further into this, we would need specific examples. If the issue is occurring with a transaction, we'd need the Date, Payee, and Amount, as well as when and what it was edited to, and when and what it reverted to. 

Also, is it possible that the transaction was linked to a Recurring Reminder after the Category edit was made? If so, the Category and Payee will change to match the associated Recurring Series at the time of linking. If this is the case, you'd want to wait until after linking the transaction to the Reminder to make the Category edit.

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.