Connection issues with Baxter Credit Union (BCU)/Target Corporation CU? (edited)

Options
Jake
Jake Member ✭✭
edited September 2022 in Adding and Updating Accounts
I've had issues connecting to this institution beginning Wednesday, 20 July 2022. But it had been working for many months prior to that date.

Target Credit Union is a division of BCU. 

I am able to successfully login using the institution's website of https://www.targetcu.org, so I don't think it is a problem with my personal credentials.

I attempted to "reset" my connection in Simplifi and receive the error seen in the screenshot below.

I also noticed the website listed in the screenshot appears wrong. I'm not sure if that originally worked or worked in the past, but that site is currently not valid.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Jake & @kterveen,

Thank you for allowing some time and reporting back, although I'm sorry to hear that the trouble persists.

I went ahead and got this issue escalated for both of you and will be sure to post back as soon as I receive an update on either ticket. :smile:

-Coach Natalie

EWC-9614790 / EWC-9614798
  • Coach Natalie
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Jake & @kterveen,

Thank you for your patience as this was being researched!

We've received an update from our Service Provider stating that Target Corporation CU is currently unavailable due to scheduled maintenance. They didn't provide an ETA for a resolution, however, once the maintenance is complete on the bank's end, you should be able to connect and update your accounts in Simplifi.

With that said, we suggest continuing to try again at a later time, and we hope that everything is back up and running very soon. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • kterveen
    kterveen Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @Jake I got the sync figured out while talking to BCU this morning, after going back and forth with them and Simplifi for over a week. Part of the maintenance in July removed sync support for targetcu.org. You have to use bcu.org only. I changed by existing TCU account to manual, then added BCU and selected link to the previous account so I could retain all the history. Hope that works for you.

Answers

• kterveen
    kterveen Member ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Hi Jake. I'm having similar issues with my TCU account. For me, it's browser related because the iOS app works, as does Firefox (I'm on a Mac and use Safari for most things). Try Firefox or Chrome and see if it connects there. It did for me.

Well, it did, but it isn't now. I'm getting Care Code: FDP-105 as well. :(
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @Jake & @kterveen,

Thank you for taking the time to post to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're both experiencing difficulties connecting to Target Credit Union in Simplifi. 

A 105 error indicates that the financial institution is temporarily blocking connection traffic, which could be due to maintenance on their servers, etc. We do want to allow at least 48 hours for the error to self-resolve, so please be sure to let us know if either of you are still seeing the issue at the beginning of next week.

More details on a 105 error can be found here. Fingers crossed for a quick resolution!

-Coach Natalie
  • Jake
    Jake Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback @kterveen and @Coach Natalie 👍

I think there was some recent website upgrades for the digital banking site, so perhaps this is related. 

I'll check it again in a day or two 🤞
  • kterveen
    kterveen Member ✭✭
    Options
    Still not working for me. I will try and contact TCU/BCU tomorrow.
  • Jake
    Jake Member ✭✭
    Options
    kterveen said:
    @Jake I got the sync figured out while talking to BCU this morning, after going back and forth with them and Simplifi for over a week. Part of the maintenance in July removed sync support for targetcu.org. You have to use bcu.org only. I changed by existing TCU account to manual, then added BCU and selected link to the previous account so I could retain all the history. Hope that works for you.
    @kterveen Great troubleshooting! I'll try to give that work around a try and then next day or so 👍
  • Jake
    Jake Member ✭✭
    Options
    kterveen said:
    I can confirm that this workaround fixed my issue too.

@kterveen for sharing this!
This discussion has been closed.