How does (can?) simplifi support variable bills?

Options
Mrsterry
Mrsterry Member ✭✭
edited September 2022 in Bills and Income
Simplifi was super helpful when I first signed up analyzing my last three months and suggesting my recurring bills. It also suggests new recurring bills it notices. BUT can it monitor existing recurring bills and suggest adjustments? I haven't seen that yet.

Example - my Netflix subscription price raised...it would be super helpful if Simplifi notices and suggests I increase my recurring monthly subscription budget for Netflix to adjust to the new rate. 

Similarly, could simplifi monitor other variable recurring bills I've already created and suggest when it's time to increase my budgeted amount? Example - my gas/electric is set at an average rate from when I joined (winter) but in my home summer costs are higher. I'd love to know what Simplifi thinks my average should be now and adjust?

And even better - if Simplifi could design an algorithm (or whatever, I'm not techy, LOL) that allows variable budgeting (so it would know when I spend $200 on electric per month vs. $340) that would be incredible. :-)

Can someone let me know if Simplifi does any of the above and I just haven't accessed the feature, or if I need to do it manually (in the case of adjusting recurring bills/subscriptions)? 

Thanks in advance!
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @Mrsterry

For the Netflix one, this is a great idea!  Unfortunately, it’s not currently offered…that I know of.  I’d recommend making an Idea Post for this!  You can do that by starting a new post and changing the little toggle in the upper right hand corner to ‘Idea Post’.  Doing this will let other people vote on it, which Simplifi’s developers can then use to guide the roadmap.  The more votes, the more likely it is to gain traction.

Ditto for your idea of Simplifi “suggesting when it’s time to update your budget”.

As for variable budgeting, you might consider voting on this ‘Idea Post’…

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/3437/set-recurring-series-amounts-based-on-time-of-year-etc

And add your ideas to this string which is one where Simplifi specifically is asking for feedback about - among other things - “rollover budgets” which is sorta tied to your algorithm paragraph.

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/3574/we-want-your-feedback-on-the-spending-plan
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @Mrsterry What you can do immediately is to see use the "connect to biller" feature.  If your biller allows the connection you Simplifi will adjust your monthly payments when a new bill is issued.  This may not be exactly what you are asking for here, but it’s a good way to keep up-to-date. 

Did you receive a notification from Netflix before the rate increase?  I always recei e a notification about rate increases from my service providers with the option to cancel if I don't want to pay the new rate.  But this also gives me a heads up to adjust my budget.  This even easier now that I ha e access to the next 12 months of spending plans.
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
This discussion has been closed.