BUG: Column Selection Fails to do anything on Spending Plan Transaction Activity (edited)

RobWilk
RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 29 in Report a Bug

[removed video]

The above linked video shows me trying to get the notes column to show, and I also try taking away the tags column.  No matter which columns i select, nothing changes on the display - This was the spending report

Rob Wilkens

Tagged:

Comments

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    @RobWilk.... this is on the web version? I have been primarily using the android version of Simplifi due to availability to my laptop. It seems that the web version has plenty of problems too.

I am pretty frustrated since I joined in February with all of these bugs that never get fixed on the android version.  They have pushed a critical filtering fix out 4 times now...and never get dates for when fixes will happen. 

I am starting to question my decision to use Simplifi due to nothing seems to get fixed. As a past Quicken user for years, this program fails to come close in many ways.  Sorry, I just had to vent my frustration.  Hopefully they can fix these issues before I look at the web version.

Clark

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Clark Yes, this is Web version.  I do use the android app as well, i just used it on a train ride home from NYC day trip earlier today.  As per nothing getting fixed, I reported a problem with wrong balances when cash flow shows past days balances, and it looks like it only took about 2-3 weeks to get that fixed (at least in early access).  What i'm saying, though, is some bugs (one?) are getting fixed.  

I tried filtering by category on android recently, and it worked for me,  Maybe i don't understand the particulars of the problem.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @RobWilk,

Thank you for reporting this behavior to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're seeing this issue in Simplifi.

I'm a little confused as to how you're seeing the gear icon when viewing transactions listed in the Spending Report, as the transaction lists in Reports aren't customizable like the main register view is, and I'm not personally seeing the gear icon when viewing the Spending Report. I'm also having a hard time narrowing down how you got your Report to say "Transactions/Health" -- I'm assuming "Health" is a Category, however, no matter how I filter my Report, it always says "Transaction Activity" above the transactions list. Would you mind providing the specific details of how you're running/filtering the Report, please?

Also, have you tried looking at the Report from a different browser and/or in incognito mode to see if the same gear icon/issue appears, by chance? I'm wondering if the issue may be browser-specific or something along those lines. Additionally, what occurs when attempting to add or remove columns in the main register view?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

My bad, it wasn’t the spending report, it was Spending Plan’s Other spending page.  Yes, I happened to click on health category but it’s there on all categories too.

Rob

p.s.  I don’t appear to get email notifications for this forum anymore, it is possible they’re going to junk mail folder.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    edited August 2022
    Thanks for confirming, @RobWilk!

I noticed the gear icon in Other Spending yesterday and saw the same issue that you described here; I wondered if that's what you were looking at instead of Reports. It does look like the Team is already aware of this issue. I'm not seeing a fix version yet, however, I'll be sure to let you know as soon as there's an update.

When it comes to email notifications for the Community, I've been seeing an issue this week as well. This has been reported, however, there's currently no ETA on a resolution. For now, a great place to post regarding Community issues would be in the Announcement post -- https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/3432/community-post-bug#latest :smile:

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-13270
  • I have seen the same issue when viewing transactions from a planned spending "card".  After clicking the gear icon, it appears to offer the functionality to choose columns.  But the columns will not update to what is chosen by the user.
  • Coach Natalie
    Thanks for letting us know, @G Darrow!

Since this issue has already been reported, please be sure to follow along here for updates. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • NJF
    NJF Member
    Hey guys,

Just checking in to see if there's been progress on this bug ...

I personally use "Spending" plan views the most. Not being able to see the "Notes" column/details makes it (for me) much less helpful.

@RobWilk, thanks for the time spent screen-capturing it so accurately.

Niall
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @NJF,

Thanks for reaching out!

Unfortunately, there is no further update to provide on this issue as of yet. When an update does become available, however, we'll be sure to post back here to let everyone know. 

We appreciate your patience!

-Coach Natalie
  • silent jon
    silent jon Member

Hello, I am still seeing this bug under "Spending Plan". Items not showing that I select under the Settings Gear icon, even ones I deselect still remain.

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭

Still an issue with the Web version, and it's mildly frustrating. I really, really want to see the "Notes" in the Other Spending table.

Also, I wonder someone could fix the title of this post so that it more accurately reflects the problem being reported. Might make it easier for others to find it. @Coach Natalie ?

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

Apologies for deleting the YouTube video — I deleted a bunch of youtube videos this week that i thought were no longer in use…

Rob Wilkens

• pawebb
    pawebb Member ✭✭✭

Any updates on thie one, @Coach Natalie.

• Coach Natalie

Nothing yet, @pawebb.

Once any news becomes available, including an expected fix version, I'll be sure to post here and let everyone know. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie

Hello All,

Thank you for your patience as this issue was being researched!

It appears that the Spending Plan is actually not intended to have customizable Columns at this time, so our Product Team will be removing the gear icon from Planned Spending and Other Spending to avoid confusion. With that said, if you'd like to see customizable columns in the Spending Plan, please create an Idea post requesting this ability, just like the ones we have for Reports and Watchlists (here and here).

Sorry for not having better news!

-Coach Natalie

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023

I'm not motivated enough right now (meaning it doesn't negatively affect me enough) to make a request for the feature change as recommended. I've come to find if it does bother me, I can use 'tags' to indicate what a purchase was for and see that.

But yes, please, removing the non-functional column selection option seems like a good idea. At least that would make clear what is and isn't supposed to work.

I apologize that my YouTube video links don't work anymore, a while back I cleared out my YouTube content. My YouTube page right now is a bunch of home movies from 1970s and 1980s (and some 90s). https://www.youtube.com/%40robwilkens I've even got two old 1964-65 World's Fair videos there that my dad took when he was a teenager.. I spent about $1000 to convert all this to digital (two batches). One of our Disney home movies somehow has over 750 views! (and 5 likes!) —- If I post more youtube videos of screen recordings, I will plan to make them 'unlisted' so they're not on my public page but accessible from here.

-Rob

Rob Wilkens

This discussion has been closed.