Paypal Credit

btwitchell
btwitchell Member
edited September 2022 in Adding and Updating Accounts
Although I have successfully added my regular Paypal Account, the Paypal Credit, which is tied to that account, does not appear.

I read through the discussion here (https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/3263/my-paypal-credit-account-no-longer-syncs-correctly-edited) but didn't see any specific resolution).

When I select "Paypal Credit" as an option for adding an account, I tell it the account type is Credit Card. It loads the account, but when I check the transactions it is my normal paypal account, not the paypal credit. in other words, I now have two copies of my Paypal account - one in the list of checking accounts and one in the list of credit cards.

Should I be able to add this to simplifi?

Thanks!

Brian

Tagged:

Comments

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @btwitchell

Hi Brian, welcome to Simplifi!

Is your Paypal credit card actually issued by Paypal?  It may be issued by another financial institution on behalf of Paypal.  If this is the case, you may need to connect with the issuer and not actually with Paypal.
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • btwitchell
    btwitchell Member
    @DannyB

Thanks! It's actually issued by Synchrony, but I always have to log in through Paypal - there is no separate login that I can use with Synchrony. Basically, Paypal passes the login information through. I have no username or password for the actual site.

Brian.

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if you could set up an account directly with Synchrony Credit Card.divisuon.  I don't know if that's possible and you may have already explored that possibility.  I have a Synchrony hys account
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • btwitchell
    btwitchell Member
    Good idea, but I tried that a few weeks ago (for a different purpose) and had no luck.

I'll probably just have to handle this as a manual account. I probably wouldn't even have posted, except for the discussion linked above where it use to work.

thanks!

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @btwitchell,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties connecting to PayPal in Simplifi. 

We have recently undergone some changes when it comes to connecting to PayPal in Simplifi. With that said, if you have a Checking or Savings account with PayPal, you'll want to use the option listed as "PayPal" in Simplifi, and you'll then need to authorize the accounts through their API. The "PayPal" option should only bring in Checking and Savings accounts.

When it comes to Credit Card or other account types with PayPal, you'll want to use the option listed as "PayPal Credit, MasterCard and Crypto" in Simplifi. Credit Card and other account types with PayPal do not use their API to connect, and, when using this option, you should only see non-Checking and Savings accounts listed as available to add.

At this point, you may consider deleting the PayPal accounts that have been added to Simplifi, and then start over by following the steps listed in this Support Article.

Also, just to clarify, when you're presented with the list of accounts available to add, you should see some indication as to what account is being pulled in; changing the Account Type on this screen will not make a difference as to which account will be added. More details on adding accounts in Simplifi can be found here

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.