Freedom Mortgage 103 error

System
System Administrator admin
edited September 2022 in Adding and Updating Accounts
This discussion was created from comments split from: Freedom Mortgage returns a 103 error.
Tagged:

Comments

• jetuser
    jetuser Member
    Hello again @khad,

We went ahead and created an Alert for Freedom Mortgage -- https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/3550/new-7-11-22-freedom-mortgage-returns-a-103-error/p1?new=1

With that said, I am going to go ahead and close out your ticket and ask that you follow the Alert for any updates on the known issue. 

Thank you!

-Coach Natalie
    Despite this being resolved the other week. I am still unable to join it due to the 103.. I have already done due diligence and verified credentials are correct
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @jetuser,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties connecting to Freedom Mortgage in Simplifi. 

To clarify, is this occurring when attempting to connect to Freedom Mortgage for the first time, or are you receiving the error on an existing account? For a 103 error, you'll want to go ahead and troubleshoot by following these steps:
    1. Verify the bank being selected -- There may be several different versions of the same bank in the Add Account bank list, so be sure you're selecting the correct one. If you're not sure, compare the URL's shown for each bank.

2. Verify your login information – Type your password/PIN into a text application to ensure you don’t have any typographical errors. Then, copy and paste your login information into Simplifi to ensure accuracy.

3. Verify your login at the bank’s website – Try to sign in to your bank’s website using the same login credentials to ensure you've not locked yourself out of the account and that the credentials are still valid.

4. Check for an app-specific password – Some banks require users to use a specific app password when connecting to a third party. Check with your bank to see if you need to use an app-specific password.

5. Update your credentials – Try temporarily updating your password at your bank's website and then try again to connect to Simplifi.

More details on a 103 error can be found here. Please let us know how it goes! 

-Coach Natalie
  • jetuser
    jetuser Member
    edited August 2022
    This is adding the account for the first time since when I joined when there were ongoing issues. I've already verified credentials entered are correct (using password manager) and the correct site is being listed. I'm able to login directly myself and updating the password has no effect on the error.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @jetuser,

Thank you for attempting the steps and posting back, although I apologize that the trouble persists.

I'd be happy to get this issue reported, however, we do need to gather a bit of info from you first:
    1. Have there been any recent changes made to the bank's website and/or the sign-in process?
    2. What is the exact URL used when signing into the bank's website?
    3. What type of account(s) are you attempting to add? (I'm assuming a mortgage account, but we need to be sure)
    4. Please provide a screenshot of the account summary page on the bank's website that shows the URL. (You're welcome to redact any account numbers or personal info)
    Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie
  • jetuser
    jetuser Member
    Hello @jetuser,

Thank you for attempting the steps and posting back, although I apologize that the trouble persists.

I'd be happy to get this issue reported, however, we do need to gather a bit of info from you first:
    1. Have there been any recent changes made to the bank's website and/or the sign-in process?
    2. What is the exact URL used when signing into the bank's website?
    3. What type of account(s) are you attempting to add? (I'm assuming a mortgage account, but we need to be sure)
    4. Please provide a screenshot of the account summary page on the bank's website that shows the URL. (You're welcome to redact any account numbers or personal info)
    Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie
    So after some messing around I think there may be some confusion here.

There appears to be 2 different ways of adding Freedom Mortgage, either through the "Add biller" function in spending plan. It seems this way of adding the biller works as it incorporates the TFA flow and can add it for the future bills.

The other way via accounts (which is what I'm after) so I can track the balance on my loan is still not working. The url for login is: https://mylogin.freedommortgage.com/index.html, and yes this is for a mortgage account. 

• Coach Natalie
    Thank you for the screenshot, @jetuser!

That is correct -- Bill Connect is a separate service from connecting to the bank for transaction downloads and balance updates (in this case, just the latter since it's a mortgage account). There is no confusion; we're totally on the same page with what's going on. :smile:

I went ahead and got the 103 error escalated and will be sure to post back as soon as an update is received.

-Coach Natalie

EWC-9647616
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @jetuser,

Thank you for your patience as this was being researched!

I've received an update from my Team stating that the 103 errors with Freedom Mortgage are due to a known issue. Apparently, there are still instances of this occurring and our Service Provider is aware of the issue and has been unable to contact Freedom Mortgage directly to resolve it. 

In the meantime, we did go ahead and reopen our Community, so you'll want to follow it for updates: https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/3550/reopened-7-11-22-freedom-mortgage-returns-a-103-error/p1?new=1

We also suggest contacting Freedom Mortgage directly to help make them aware of the issue.

Sorry for not having better news!

-Coach Natalie
  • jetuser
    jetuser Member
    Hello @jetuser,

Thank you for your patience as this was being researched!

I've received an update from my Team stating that the 103 errors with Freedom Mortgage are due to a known issue. Apparently, there are still instances of this occurring and our Service Provider is aware of the issue and has been unable to contact Freedom Mortgage directly to resolve it. 

In the meantime, we did go ahead and reopen our Community, so you'll want to follow it for updates: https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/3550/reopened-7-11-22-freedom-mortgage-returns-a-103-error/p1?new=1

We also suggest contacting Freedom Mortgage directly to help make them aware of the issue.

Sorry for not having better news!

-Coach Natalie

I noticed the bulletin was resolved today, I'm still unable to add accounts with the 103 error persisting
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @jetuser,

Thank you for posting back, although I'm sorry to hear that you're still receiving a 103 error.

Is it possible that you're using incorrect credentials when attempting to connect your Freedom Mortgage account in Simplifi? From our end, we're seeing that each connection attempt (both today and at the beginning of the month) is using a different credentials set, which means that each time you've tried to sign in through Simplifi, you've used a different username/password combo. 

With that said, I'd suggest typing the username and password into Simplifi, and then copying and pasting those credentials straight from Simplifi into Freedom Mortgage's sign-in page. If you're able to sign into Freedom Mortgage when doing so, but still receive the 103 error in Simplifi, please let me know. However, if you're unable to sign into Freedom Mortgage when doing so, then you're most likely using invalid credentials.

If the issue persists, please follow these steps to troubleshoot a 103 error:
    1. Verify the bank being selected -- There may be several different versions of the same bank in the Add Account bank list, so be sure you're selecting the correct one. If you're not sure, compare the URL's shown for each bank.

2. Verify your login information – Type your password/PIN into a text application to ensure you don’t have any typographical errors. Then, copy and paste your login information into Simplifi to ensure accuracy.

3. Verify your login at the bank’s website – Try to sign in to your bank’s website using the same login credentials to ensure you've not locked yourself out of the account and that the credentials are still valid.

4. Check for an app-specific password – Some banks require users to use a specific app password when connecting to a third party. Check with your bank to see if you need to use an app-specific password.

5. Update your credentials – Try temporarily updating your password at your bank's website and then try again to connect to Simplifi.

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie
  • jetuser
    jetuser Member
    edited August 2022
    Hello @jetuser,

Thank you for posting back, although I'm sorry to hear that you're still receiving a 103 error.

Is it possible that you're using incorrect credentials when attempting to connect your Freedom Mortgage account in Simplifi? From our end, we're seeing that each connection attempt (both today and at the beginning of the month) is using a different credentials set, which means that each time you've tried to sign in through Simplifi, you've used a different username/password combo. 

With that said, I'd suggest typing the username and password into Simplifi, and then copying and pasting those credentials straight from Simplifi into Freedom Mortgage's sign-in page. If you're able to sign into Freedom Mortgage when doing so, but still receive the 103 error in Simplifi, please let me know. However, if you're unable to sign into Freedom Mortgage when doing so, then you're most likely using invalid credentials.

If the issue persists, please follow these steps to troubleshoot a 103 error:

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie
    The reasons the credentials differ is because you suggested rotating my password in one of your prior posts. Which I did.

I use a password manager and I'm verbatim copying out the password from the application into the form. I also typed it in manually in both places and I can log into freedom mortgage, not from here.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @jetuser,

I apologize for the confusion!

To clarify, you don't want to rotate passwords, but rather temporarily change your password and then attempt to connect in Simplifi again as stated in the troubleshooting steps for a 103 error.

With that said, however, it looks like the 103 errors with Freedom Mortgage are still intermittently occurring for some users. Our Service Provider has attempted to contact Freedom Mortgage regarding the issue to no avail. We did go ahead and reopen the Community Alert, and I'd also suggest contacting Freedom Mortgage directly to help make them aware of the situation if you have not already.

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/3550/reopened-7-11-22-freedom-mortgage-returns-a-103-error/p1?new=1

-Coach Natalie
  • jetuser
    jetuser Member
    Hello @jetuser,

I apologize for the confusion!

To clarify, you don't want to rotate passwords, but rather temporarily change your password and then attempt to connect in Simplifi again as stated in the troubleshooting steps for a 103 error.

With that said, however, it looks like the 103 errors with Freedom Mortgage are still intermittently occurring for some users. Our Service Provider has attempted to contact Freedom Mortgage regarding the issue to no avail. We did go ahead and reopen the Community Alert, and I'd also suggest contacting Freedom Mortgage directly to help make them aware of the situation if you have not already.

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/3550/reopened-7-11-22-freedom-mortgage-returns-a-103-error/p1?new=1

-Coach Natalie
    Sure but with a password manager its a trivial operation to just rotate the password permanently. Changing it back would generally accomplish nothing useful in the long run.
This discussion has been closed.