BUG: Recurring Transaction, Change Destination of Transfer causes issues

Options
RobWilk
RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2022 in Report a Bug
When I change the transfer destination account on a recurring transaction that was already created/saved, where this transaction appears in 'upcoming transactions' does not update (it stays assigned to the original account, even though transaction details have updated not to include that account).

Steps to reproduce this issue:
1. Create TEST Recurring transaction, $1, Monthly, Source: Checking Destination: Credit Card1, save
2. Go to Credit Card 1 and see this transaction on upcoming transaction, yay!
3. Now Try editing the recurring series for TEST, but changed Destination: Credit Card2, save
4. Go to credit card2, see there is no TEST transaction in upcoming transactions, now go back to Credit card1, see the TEST transaction is still there, it didn't register somewhere as changing accounts, HOWEVER if l look at the TEST transaction it is properly updated to Card2 even though i'm looking at it in Card1 where it should not be.

This used to work, it's not clear exactly when this broke.

This cost me a lot of time this morning, because the work around for this is to delete and recreate the recurring transaction, rather than updating it.

Rob Wilkens

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @RobWilk,

Thank you for posting to the Community regarding this issue, although I apologize that you're experiencing this behavior with Recurring Linked Transfers in Simplifi.

I have gone ahead and gotten this reported and will be sure to post back as soon as an update is received.

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-13250
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @RobWilk,

Great news! The Team has been hard at work on this one, and it looks like they're ready to deploy a fix for the issue. I'm not seeing an ETA or a fix version since this is a cloud sync issue, however, you can definitely expect to see this resolved in the very near future.

Please let me know if you continue to see an issue!

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank you.

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I did this kind of thing tonight, and it looks like it worked properly (unless I missed something).  I think the fix worked.

Rob Wilkens

This discussion has been closed.