Transactions not downloading from Wells Fargo again

2»

Comments

• jrebs
    jrebs Member
    edited May 2022
    @Coach Natalie So as Wells Fargo customers, can we ask Wells Fargo to reconsider and "opt-in" to pending transactions?  Do you have an email address or email with this correspondence?  

The other thing I would note is that wells fargo reports two total balances for my checking account, the total balance with pending subtracted and and the total without pending subtracted (or so according to a chat I had on this).  It would seem to me to make the most sense for Simplifi to use the total amount that has the pending transactions subtracted.  Thanks.  
  • Will not renew after trial period. I'm a Wells Fargo customer and it is virtually useless without WF not playing along. 
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    We bank with Wells Fargo and our pending transaction do download into Simplifi.  

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @jrebs,

That's a great question!

You are absolutely welcome to contact Wells Fargo directly; I'm not sure who specifically you'd direct your feedback to, however, they should have an online banking department that handles software connections, etc. 

As for the 'Balance with pending' option, this should be used if the balance provided by the bank already includes pending transactions so as to avoid Simplifi from double-counting them. More details on this can be found here

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having pending downloaded certainly allows Simplifi to function closer to an actual old-fashioned checkbook with a hand written, but  if you need an absolutely up to the minute balance for your checking account I suggest you manually enter each charge when they occur just like you would with an old time analog paper and pen(cile) checkbook.
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Bruno Pereira,

Thank you for your patience as this is being worked on!

I've received an update from my Team stating that the issue with incorrect Wells Fargo transaction dates should be resolved. Would you mind taking a look in Simplifi and confirming, please? 

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello again @Bruno Pereira,

Were you able to take a look at this, by chance? Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie
  • Up to now still the same, one day behind. 
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Bruno Pereira,

Thanks for confirming, although I'm sorry to hear that the trouble persists.

I did go ahead and reopen the ticket and will be sure to post back as soon as an update is received, or if any further info is needed from you. In the meantime, would you mind providing a few example transactions with the Date, Payee, and Amount that's displayed in Simplifi so we can get the Team pointed in the right direction? 

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Bruno Pereira,

Thank you for your continued patience as the issue with transaction dates from Wells Fargo was being worked on!

I've received an update from my Team stating that a fix has been implemented for this issue. Would you mind checking in Simplifi and confirming for me, please? 

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Hello @Bruno Pereira,

Since I haven't heard back from you, I'm going to ask that you post here if you're still seeing an issue with your Wells Fargo transaction dates. Please be sure to provide the example transactions that have been requested in the other post. Since the issue still seems to be ongoing for many users, this will allow us to keep all reports of the issue in one thread. 

Thank you!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.