Apparent bug where Simplifi will delete register entries with zero dollars.

MikeSaki
MikeSaki Member
edited October 2022 in Report a Bug
On iOS iPhone devices (have not verified other platforms), Simplifi will delete or remove (not sure whether the transaction still exists in the database and simply isn’t being shown) any transaction with zero amounts.  

I reported to a rep via chat that there also is a bug where transactions on iPhone (again not sure about other platforms) where Simplifi will not allow transactions with zero dollars to begin with.  But it will allow this on Mac OS.  

Simplifi should allow zero dollar transactions period.  Zero is a valid dollar value, and the transaction can have a meaning to the user regardless.  Simplifi should not make an assumption on zero dollar entries and simply remove transactions from the register!  What accounting software does this?  Please escalate a request to fix both reported bugs related to zero dollar entries. 

I have a crazy workaround for now where I set the value of these zero dollar transactions to .01 cents in order to insure Simplifi will not remove the transactions.  

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @MikeSaki,

Thank you for reporting this behavior to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties with $0 transactions on the Simpifi Mobile App.

I am also seeing an issue with creating a $0 transaction on the Mobile App from my Android device, however, I can enter one on the Web App just fine. I'm not finding any existing bug tickets for this, so I did go ahead and get it reported. I'll let you know once an update becomes available.

As for the $0 transactions disappearing from the Mobile App, I'm also not finding any existing bug tickets for this. I did go ahead and create a $0 transaction on the Web App and I will keep an eye on Mobile to see if it disappears. It hasn't yet, though. When you notice that the transactions are missing from the Mobile App, have you by chance checked the Web App to see if they're also missing from there?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-13580
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    That's odd.  I occasionally use $0 transactions to track random notes, but am not finding any issues - or at least haven't started to yet.

On Windows 10 Desktop...

On iOS Mobile App (iPhone SE)…

[edited image to reduce size]

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @MikeSaki,

It looks like a fix for the issue with being unable to create $0 transactions on the Mobile App is expected with the 3.24.0 Mobile Release. Please let us know if you're still seeing an issue after that time. 

As for the issue with $0 transactions being removed -- I left my $0 transaction all weekend and it was still there this morning. If you've determined that the issue is just occurring on the Mobile App, I'd suggest performing a full uninstall/reinstall of the App to see if doing so helps to clear things up. 

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.