Bulk editing and the Reviewed flag

spkrause
spkrause Member
edited October 2022 in Report a Bug
Hi there, say you want to bulk edit 10 transactions and mark them all as reviewed. If I do the following:

1. Select 10 transactions.
2. Mark them all as reviewed.
3. Add a tag to all of them.

Action #3 automatically unmarks the "Reviewed" flag.

If I do the reverse:

1. Select 10 transactions.
2. Add a tag to all of them.

I then have to re-select all 10 transactions.

I think this might be a bug. Bulk editing should apply to all functions.
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @spkrause,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this behavior in Simplifi.

Since it sounds like you're still using the old register design, we won't be able to report any bugs with it. The register is being worked on and the new design is currently available with Early Access; it is anticipated that the new design will be fully released within the next few weeks. 

You can view our announcement post here to learn more about the new register design. We also have a feedback post available here where you can leave any feedback once you start using the new design. Please note that the ability to bulk mark transactions as "Reviewed" is currently not available with the new design, however, this will be added in the future.

Sorry for not having a better answer at this time!

-Coach Natalie
  • @Coach Natalie are you saying that when I'm upgraded to a new design, this problem will go away?

I've also noticed that my edits to transactions don't always save across sessions. I might mark a transaction as "reviewed" on desktop browser, but I don't subsequently see this reflected on the mobile app or the desktop app.

Also, if I add a tag or review flag to a pending transaction, do these go away when the transaction leaves the pending state?
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @spkrause,

Although I have no way of knowing if the issue will go away once you're on the new design, we won't be able to report it as a bug until that's the case. Anything regarding the old register will be kicked back since it will soon become obsolete. 

When it comes to syncing changes across the apps, you'll want to make sure to refresh each time. So if you make a change on the Web App, you'll want to click "Refresh" to ensure that those changes are synced to the cloud, and therefore accessible from any other access points. You can sync changes to the cloud from the Mobile App by pulling down on the screen.

As far as transactional edits being lost when a transaction clears, such as marking it reviewed, this should not occur. I personally mark pending transactions as reviewed all the time, and that "reviewed" status stays when the transaction clears. If you're seeing an issue with either this, or changes not syncing across the apps, I'd suggest creating a separate post for each issue to outline what specifically is occurring, and to provide specific examples. 

Also, if you can live without the ability to bulk mark "reviewed" for a little bit, you may consider enabling Early Access so you can start using the new register in hopes that doing so will help to clear up some of the issues you're seeing. If you decide to do so, you may find the option under Settings>General. 

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.