Prompt Payer Achievement Badge bug?

DannyB
DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2023 in Report a Bug
I’ve been keeping an eye on the Prompt Payer badges to see if I qualify for it.  So far it’s a no go.  When I review my recurring bills and subscriptions Simplifi shows that they are all paid each month that this badge has been available but badge hasn’t been awarded.  Just wondering if this is a bug.
Danny
Simplifi user since 01/22
Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @DannyB,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're not earning the Prompt Payer Achievement badge as expected.

Would you mind providing screenshots of the Bills & Subscriptions sections of the Spending Plan showing that all items are "Paid" for the last few months or so, as well as a screenshot of the Achievements page showing that the badge has not been earned, so that we can take a closer look at what's going on, please? 

Much appreciated!

-Coach Natalie
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good evening @Coach Natalie
    Here are screenshots of May, June July Bills and Subscriptions and my Achievements page as of 8/9 @8:00pm pdt.

May

June

July

Achievements Page

Danny
  • Coach Natalie
    edited September 2022
    Thank you, @DannyB!

I have gone ahead and gotten this reported and will be sure to post back as soon as I receive an update.

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-13342 / QCS-14333
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @DannyB,

The Product Team has been researching this issue, and they've provided some insight -- apparently, the Prompt Payer Achievement was launched at the end of May 2022, and it has only been being tracked since June. They stated that all older payments are not being tracked at this time. 

They also stated that there is a cutoff period of 7 days after the end of the month to make sure that everything is "paid". If an item isn't marked as paid within that 7-day period, the Achievement won't be earned for that month. Is it possible that's what happened? 

When viewing my personal Prompt Payer Achievement badges, the Team's findings seem to make sense, as I see that my 1st (one month) badge was earned on June 8th, and my 2nd (2 months in a row) badge was earned on July 8th. 

Please let us know, thank you! 

-Coach Natalie
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Hey there, @Coach Natalie

Congratulations on your Prompt payer achievement!  It's good to know that this new award is active.

I don't look for any achievement badge updates until after the 7th of the month for the reason you mentioned.  I knew the Prompt Payer Badge was fairly new but couldn't remember when it became available and so included May's screen shot. 

As far as I know all bills and subscriptions for June and July were marked paid before the 7th of the following month (7 July for June and 7 August for July).  To support that at least all my June bills and subscriptions were marked Paid before July 7th you can take note of my post, dated July 1: June Wrap-Up... Simpli Satisfying (simplifimoney.com)

In addition, if you look closely at the screenshots for June and July above, you will notice the dates each bill and subscription was posted to my accounts.  I did some spot checking and the dates listed for each payment corresponds to the payment date as recorded in my register.  If those dates are accurate for when each bill and subscription was paid, then I should qualify for this badge in both June and July. 

When August wraps up I'll send you a screen shot of my Bills and Subscriptions pages from the day they all show Paid then I'll watch for the badge to be awarded after the 8th.  If I end up not receiving the badge hopefully someone on the team can dig back into this and make sure it's working for all Simplifi users.

Thanks for taking the time to chase this down!

Danny
  • Coach Natalie
    Thank you @DannyB -- that would be wonderful!

In the meantime, I did let the Team know that you should have at least earned the one month badge for June based on your July 1st post, so they will likely continue to investigate. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Coach Natalie

Here are some screenshots of my Bills and Subscriptions pages for August.  You can see all are marked Paid.  I'll look forward to September 7 to see if I receive the Prompt Payer badge for August and if not perhaps you can find out from the team what might be going on and if I'm missing something on my end.

I have set up transfers to a couple of my credit cards as recurring bills as an experiment related to the cash flow graph on the Upcoming page.  I'm going to delete those for now and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks for you help with this.

Danny
  • Coach Natalie
    Thank you, @DannyB!

Yes, let's wait until the 8th to see if you earn the 1 month badge since it looks like I've been earning it on the 8th each month.

Fingers crossed!

-Coach Natalie
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Coach Natalie

This morning when I opened Simplifi mobile app I received this notification 😁

Pretty sweet… but no Prompt Payer badge… yet.  Maybe tomorrow? 
    Danny
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @DannyB,

I got a notification this morning as well, but it doesn't look like I've been given a badge either. Let's wait until tomorrow since all of my other badges have been earned on the 8th of each month, and then we can give the Team an update. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    @Coach Natalie @DannyB....I haven't been getting notifications for any badges.   I also pay all bills on time too.  My feelings are getting hurt now. 😥  Where do I go in Simplifi to see if I've earned any badges? 😁
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    @Clark in the the mobile app click on your profile icon in the upper right corner of the home screen then click on Achievements or scroll to the bottom of the home screen and you’ll see Achievements.  

In the web app hover over the panel on the left-hand side and select Profile, and then select Achievements per this article
    Danny
  • Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭
    @DannyB...thanks, I never looked there before. Got it.
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    For what it’s worth, I just got notified about the “Prompt Payer” badge this morning…on the 8th.
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    I’ll check again later but so far today… There must be something I’m missing but I can’t figure out what it is 😟

Danny
  • Coach Natalie
    Thanks for posting back, @DannyB!

I'm sorry to hear that you still haven't earned a Prompt Payer badge. I don't think it's anything you're doing at all; this definitely seems like a bug to me. I provided the Team with an update and will be sure to let you know as soon as any news is received. 

Also, it looks like the notification from yesterday was for the Savvy Spending Achievement, and mine was as well. :sweat_smile: Today, though, I did get a notification for the Prompt Payer Achievement and earned my badge as expected. @Flopbot mentioned that he did as well, so there's got to be something going on for you specifically.

I look forward to a resolution on this! 

-Coach Natalie
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Countdown to the 8th to see if I receive the Prompt Payer Badge!   :#
    Danny
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    For what it’s worth, I checked and found this.  Note that my post above and this screenshot both correspond; each shows September 8th as a key date.  Not sure if this helps anything, but maybe it will show it working for someone.  Good luck Danny!

Chris
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea thanks @Flopbot, It’s been just a bit of a disappointment to not receive the badge.  Something like this happened with one of the other badges and it took a few months to get it figured out. Unfortunately these badges aren’t retroactive so if the team ever figures out what is going on I’ll be way behind on hitting the consecutive months badges 😢
    Danny
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, I’m missing the “Savvy Spender” (don’t overspend your Spending Plan) badge and I’d like to be able to blame it on something - can’t get past one month - though at least in my case, I know that unfortunately it ain’t Simplifi’s fault. :(

At first, I was kind of blah about the achievements feature when they first unveiled it…now I gotta admit that I kind of like it.
    Chris
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    First, I want everyone to know that I don’t care diddly-squat about these achievement badges!  Well, Okay , maybe a little… darn it, I work hard to make sure I meet the requirements for these dang things!  Whoa, cowboy, calm down… take a deep breath… relax… there, that’s better…  :D

Just wondering if either of my conversation partners, when you opened up Simplifi today, experienced a moment of euphoria when you saw the Prompt Payer achievement badge had been awarded… It seems I remain excluded from the exclusive community of Prompt Payers.  :'(
    Danny
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DannyB, sadly no, I didn't get blessed with one today.  However, I wouldn't expect to have achieved the Prompt Payer badge till at earliest May 2023 or August 2023 depending on how Simplifi counts. For example, I don't know if Simplifi started over at month 1 on October 8th or if it just keeps going in October 8th with month 5.

This is my Prompt payer badges...

This is my Savvy Spender badges...

In my case, I'm fairly certain that the lack of Savvy Spender badges is due entirely to me and not Simplifi's algorithms.

Hey, here's an idea.  I'll trade ya - you can have some of my Prompt payer badges and I'll take some of your Savvy Spender badges!  It's a win-win.
    Chris
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Ah, just noticed this...

I think that answers my question.  If I'm interpreting this correctly, it looks like Simplifi doesn't start over with counting and instead just keeps going.  Said another way: You earn your badge in month 4 and the next month counts as month 5 after which you keep going to 12 months.

With that, I'd expect - if nothing goes wrong - to earn my next Prompt payer badge in May 2023.  Hopefully, this gets figured out for you by then!!  If not, my offer of a trade still stands!
    Chris
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed @Flopbot, the badges have different time horizons up to a year it looks like.  I had problems with the Savvy Spender badge after the first month or two and I think it was connected with a problem in the mobile app.  Here is the conversation for that.

I’m now on track with the Calm and the Savvy badges… but the newer Prompt Payer badge has been elusive for me and not sure why.

Danny
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @DannyB,

I didn't receive a new Prompt Payer badge for September because, like @Flopbot, I am on a current streak of 5 months and the next badge won't be earned until I hit 12 consecutive months. But the streak count does seem to be properly working for me. 

It is very strange that you're not earning this particular badge, and I'm hoping that once we have more info on a fix, I'll be able to find out if it can be applied retroactively. 🤞

At this time, however, I did update the ticket stating that you didn't earn the badge for September either, although everything was "paid". Hopefully I have some news for you soon!

-Coach Natalie
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Thanks, @Coach Natalie 

I'll keep an eye on it from month to month, but having said that when it's all said and done there are other items on the Simplifi developer to-do list that certainly take a WAY higher priority to this issue and you won't hear anymore from me about this though I will silently hope from month to month to break into the rarified air of The Prompt Payers Club!  B)
    Danny
  • I too have this same bug. Pay all bills every month, no Prompt Payer badges earned. Simplifi user since 02/22.
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Guy sorry you are having the same problem.  There was a problem with one of the other badges earlier this year and that got fixed, so I’m hopeful this will eventually get fixed also.  Fingers crossed for tomorrow when this badge should be awarded.
    Danny
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Guy,

Thank you for posting on this top, although I'm sorry to hear that you're also seeing an issue with earning the Prompt Payer Achievement badge in Simplifi. 

I'd like to go ahead and get your information added to the existing ticket so we can show the Product Team that the issue is occurring for more than one user. To do so, please provide us with some screenshots as follows:
    • Screenshots of the Bills and Subscriptions sections of the Spending Plan showing that all items are marked as 'Paid' for the last 2-3 months.
    • A screenshot of the Achievements page showing that the Prompt Payer badge has not been earned.
    Please also send us your logs by using the 'Send Feedback' option, which can be done by following these steps: 
    1. Log into the Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send

Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    As of 11/09/2022

:'(

Danny
This discussion has been closed.