Issue with a low bank account balance notification (edited)

markb
markb Member ✭✭
edited October 2022 in Report a Bug
Your software really should do a better job of detecting when it has a hiccup connecting to an account, so that it doesn't send out brown-trouser-inducing notifications like this:

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @markb,

Thanks for posting to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you experienced this behavior in Simplifi.

To better understand the issue, would you mind providing more details as to what specifically occurred, please? You mentioned an issue connecting to a bank -- what bank was it and what happened? With what occurred, does it make sense that you received a low account balance notification? 

Typically, when a bank or account is experiencing connectivity trouble, you'll see a red exclamation point next to the account in the Accounts List on the Web App, and the Mobile App will also indicate that the account is having trouble connecting. You can also view connectivity errors under Settings>Accounts. I'm hoping that shedding some light on what specifically occurred will allow us to get you pointed in the right direction when it comes to identifying bank connectivity issues, or maybe we need to make connectivity issues more apparent in-product.

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie
  • markb
    markb Member ✭✭
    The bank is NBKC (National Bank of Kansas City) and I can't get much more specific than that.  I got the notification, I opened Simplifi, it had my balance as zero, and it started syncing.  I checked with NBKC's online banking and my account was fine.  Simplifi finished syncing and everything was fine.  I didn't have the exclamation mark, nor did I have to take any corrective actions.

So I am *assuming* there was some kind of hiccup in the sync that resulted in it giving me this notice, but one which was resolved automatically internally when it tried again.  I think this is the second or third time this has happened to me.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @markb,

Thanks for confirming the issue!

I'd like to look at getting this escalated so the behavior can be investigated. To do so, please provide me with the name of the account that the notification was for, as it appears in Simplifi. Please also provide the balance of the account on the date that the notification occurred. You can determine the balance by using the 'in the past' section of the Projected Cash Flow graph for the account.

Also, please confirm the date for the notification and balance so our Team knows where to look. If you prefer to share this information privately, you can DM it to me here in the Community.

Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.