Feedback button

TommyMac
TommyMac Member ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2022 in Feedback
The new feedback button is highly annoying.  It literally almost sits on top of the scroller arrow for the upcoming transactions. I've already accidentally launched the feedback page twice this morning. 
Tagged:

Comments

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed that feedback button too and wondered where it came from and why it was showing up.  I wonder if this is temporary for a period of time to get feedback on the new transaction register design?  
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @TommyMac & @DannyB,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with the Community!

Yes, the 'Feedback' option in Simplifi that's currently available from the Transaction View is for the new register design specifically; clicking on the button will take you to our register redesign feedback post. This option will be temporary and will be changed/moved depending on which feature we're requesting feedback on. 

@TommyMac, if you'd like to provide a screenshot of where the 'Feedback' button is blocking your ability to scroll through Upcoming Reminders, as well as the specs of the device that you're accessing Simplifi from, we'd be happy to take a closer look. We definitely don't want the button to block your ability to use Simplifi! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • TommyMac
    TommyMac Member ✭✭✭✭
    I am using a Samsung Galaxy Book Pro with 15.6" AMOLED screen.  This is what I am talking about when I say it's almost covering the scroller button.

Thanks!

• TommyMac
    TommyMac Member ✭✭✭✭
    BTW, this occurs when you have already scrolled once. The default is fine, but click the right arrow once to scroll to the next set and that's where the issue comes up.  Also, the last card in the scroller has it's right edge cut off and you can't see the ellipse.
  • Coach Natalie
    Thanks for the screenshot, @TommyMac!

Have you tried scrolling down on the page so the 'Feedback' button is no longer covering the scrolling arrow, by chance? When testing this from my Chromebook, the issue is similar for me, however, scrolling down on the page allows me to access the scrolling arrow for Upcoming Reminders. Also, turning the zoom down when using Simplifi from my Chromebook makes a world of difference. 

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie
  • TommyMac
    TommyMac Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Coach Natalie I can move the register up and down to be able to see it, yes.  Perhaps it might be better to move it up a bit into the white space of the cash flow chart? I think most people would have the issue over the scheduled transaction scroller, and less would need the cash flow chart to chart a timeline in the $20-$25k range?  Just an idea. 

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I clicked "promote" for @SRC54 solely due to his use of the word "felicitously"...5 more points to you.  Had to look that one up!
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Coach Natalie
    edited September 2022
    Thanks for posting back, @TommyMac!

You should have two scrollbars -- one to scroll through the transaction register, and one to scroll through the entire screen: 

The one to scroll through the entire screen (the one on the very far right) is the one I'm referring to. 

When it comes to moving the 'Feedback' button, you may consider creating an Idea post outlining your request so that other Users can vote on it. However, I'm not sure that it would gain much traction, or even be relevant for much longer, considering that the 'Feedback' option is only in this location temporarily. 

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/998/creating-and-voting-for-ideas-in-the-community

Otherwise, we may just have to deal with it in the meantime. I agree that it's not the most sightly location/button, but the Product Team really wants to ensure that users are able to access the feedback post for the new register design directly from Simplifi, without having an annoying sticky pop-up message that blocks part of the Dashboard (as mentioned here). I personally find the current option to be a decent alternative. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.