Please post your feedback here for the new register design

2»

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Thank you all for your feedback thus far!

I have great news to share with everyone this morning -- the green checkmark for 'Reviewed' is coming back!! We should see it as of the 3.67.0 Web Release. 🥳

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the new register is used on the spending report for example, no major complaints, but it probably shouldn't have a "+" (add transaction) on the report.

-Rob

Rob Wilkens

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
     Yeah, the green checkmark is coming back…my old friend!!!!!!!!!!!
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Coach Natalie
    I still find it disconcerting that the report module shows payees capitalized wrong:  Att instead of AT&T.  Adt instead of ADT, etc.  These are correct everywhere else except in reports.  Reports hates acronyms and ampersands and hyphens, etc.

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi Since 2021
    MS Money/Quicken Classic Since 1991

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    @RobWilk

The + in Reports might be a feature for when you notice a missing transaction you forgot to enter?  

Steve

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @RobWilk & @SRC54

I bet your right Steve, that + in Reports is probably for adding missing transactions.  That said, I gotta say that if I noticed something odd or missing in a report, I think most people would probably go to the account transaction register as the first step in tracking it down.  I understand everyone has a different work-flow, but I personally wouldn't trust ANY software - not just Simplifi - enough to just blindly take some random report's word that something is wrong; too many chances for error.

Maybe Simplifi could tweak the hover text for that button to "Add missing transaction"?

Chris
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Coach Natalie
    @SRC54, the issue that you're referencing with Payee names in Reports is being tracked here. You'll want to go ahead and follow along there for any updates on that known issue; this thread is to provide feedback on the new register design.

Thank you! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • jaytek
    jaytek Member ✭✭
    I don't mind the changes but this interface is still miserable to use on a tablet.
  • jaarso
    jaarso Member ✭✭
    jaytek said:
    I don't mind the changes but this interface is still miserable to use on a tablet.
    I agree and cannot understand why they do not address that. It would be really convenient to be able to use my iPad for managing Simplifi. As it stands now, you either get the small screen on your phone or if you want the big screen, you must use a desktop or a laptop. The iPad is unusable on Simplifi because for example it is difficult to select a category for a transaction. Categorizing a transaction is one of the basic use cases for using Simplifi to begin with. I am veering too far off of the topic of this discussion so I’ll be quiet 😏
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    @jaytek The web interface may/may not work on a tablet well, however, what i noticed is that the android app scales up to full tablet screen okay, whereas the ipad app just 'magnifies' the phone app.  it's also interesting the android and iphone apps look identical, and when they update the 'mobile app' it affects both versions.

Rob Wilkens

• Alex V
    Alex V Member
    I'll add my 5 cents.
    • It seems that deleting a transaction is not actually deleting it because when you import same CSV deleted transaction does not pops back up. Would be good to view "deleted" and be able to "delete them permanently".
    • On that note I would want to have an option to review before-import changes: which transactions will be merged, which will be added and which will be skipped. and i want to be able to modify each action to "skip", "merge with", or "add"
    • Being not able to filter transactions by date is very frustrating (at least I can not find how to do that)
    • Shift+click or drag-over-checkboxes to select multiple transactions would be a great speedup of my weekly routine.
    • If i changed a payment method of the subscription/bill and Simplifi failed to track a payment it's impossible to link that missed transaction from different account to current series because it gives an error when you select different account to search for that "missed payment".
    • Find a better UX for stolen cards. When i've reissued my credit card it was a super messy week in Simplifi which basically became my second job
    • And a final note - fix mobile app: don't do processing/loading of data in the same thread as you render UI. Don't block navigation through cached data while updated one is loading. It's very unresponsive. App just hangs quite often on iOS with preloader spinning at the top, not allowing you even to open the side menu.
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    @Alex V, you're third bullet point made me curious; I'd never tried that myself.

This works!

This doesn't...
    • 2022/10/14
    • 10/14/22
    • 10/12/2022-10/14/2022
    • 10/12/2022 - 10/14/2022
    • 10/12/2022 through 10/14/2022
    • 10/12/2022 till 10/14/2022
    • 10/12/2022 until 10/14/2022
    Here's an idea post for this specific topic - Date Filter (click here).
    Chris
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • TheNigerianPrince
    TheNigerianPrince Member ✭✭✭✭
    I think I left this feedback during early access, but please bring back the transaction source icon (manual vs bank vs bank-matched-with-manual) in the register.

With stuff like PayPal and Venmo, I usually have to do reconciliation transactions to avoid getting an expense twice on both Venmo and the actual account the money came from. The transaction source icon is extremely important in the register for making sure everything looks right, especially when I have multiple transactions around the same time for the same amount (e.g. Pay x, refund x, pay x again).
  • Boydston
    Boydston Member ✭✭
    Bring back the bank icon for transaction source. This is absolutely crucial when trying to investigate correct merging, etc. 
  • Boydston
    Boydston Member ✭✭
    For the Entry Method column specifically, I totally agree with the feedback provided here and am not sure why it was removed. The lack of this column will make it more difficult to troubleshoot duplicate transactions, etc.
    Exactly! Why was this column removed?!?!
  • killweav
    killweav Member ✭✭
    I may have brought up the settings widget in another thread it's hard to keep track but I'll post about it here, too:

The extremely valuable column settings widget does not work in many places:
    When I look at the transaction register and see that my column preferences are not carried over, I click on the settings widget and it shows that my column preferences are checked. 
    But, the transaction register will not implement those preferences.
    I'll uncheck and then check those preferences again in the settings widget but nothing changes in the transaction register.

It does work in some places, but not others.

As of now I get my column preferences in about half of the places where transaction register appears.
  • saturn2489
    saturn2489 Member
    edited November 2022
    sorry, I figured it out, the x is very hard to see....
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back green reviewed checkmark with desktop 3.69.0…you were missed.  

Thank you Simplifi!
    Chris
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Flopbot I noticed today that the green reviewed checkmark was restored and I thought how happy all those who missed this green chkmrk would be.
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s the small things…
    Chris
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • jvipatapat
    jvipatapat Member ✭✭
    Wish I could mass "ignore from report" "ignore from spending plan". Also the app seems way slower. Not sure if Safari browser specific but it's becoming incredibly frustrating to use. 
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @jvipatapat,

I'd suggest adding your vote and feedback here for the ability to bulk ignore transactions. Regarding the slowness with the app, I've seen other users post stating that Chrome works best with Simplifi, so you may consider giving it a try. Otherwise, you can create a separate post to report the issue, as this post is for feedback on the new register design specifically. 

-Coach Natalie
  • SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it does work better in Chromium browsers.  I use Brave, which is more private than Chrome.

Steve

• it would be great to be able to mark a bill as a subscription easier.it takes multiple steps and menus on the iPhone app making subscriptions useless for me. If you can add it to the options for each transaction that would be fine but something that helps with this would be great. Especially since my subscriptions are not being found automatically. 
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @GirlDad,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with the Community!

Since this post is intended for feedback on the new register design on the Web App specifically, I'd suggest posting your feedback in the appropriate area of the Community for proper visibility. For your particular request, I believe I found exactly what you're looking for with an existing Idea post available here. If so, please be sure to add your vote and feedback accordingly. 

Otherwise, we have a Feedback section here in the Community where general feedback can be posted, as well as a Feature Requests section where you can vote on existing requests, or create your own if one doesn't already exist. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.