My watchlist totals are showing as a positive when they should be negative?

Lilydaisy22
Lilydaisy22 Member
edited November 2022 in Using Watchlists
I'm tracking expenses. And my watch list is displaying the months with many expenses as being a positive on the graph? But for tracking an expense, I shouldn't end up with a positive number at the end. I should be negative. The values are flip floped on the graph and not sure how I can get it to read correctly for my needs? 
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Lilydaisy22
    Lilydaisy22 Member
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓

Screenshots to show what I mean. In March it says I was negative -$168 but with the transactions, I'd actually be in the positive. They're flipped?

[edited images to reduce size]
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Lilydaisy22,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

Based on your screenshots and description, it sounds like you have more positive transactions being included in the Watchlist than negative. Since Watchlists are designed to track spending and not income, if you have amounts in the positive, these will show as negative spending in the graph. This appears to be what you're experiencing for the months that show the bars going down instead of up in the graph. 

With that said, we do have an existing Idea post requesting the ability to create income-based Watchlists that I'd definitely suggest adding your vote and feedback to. 

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/1028/watchlists-that-can-handle-income-rather-than-expenses#latest

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.