Way to make a recurring transaction an average?

mc_2022
mc_2022 Member
edited November 2022 in Bills and Income
Is there a way to make a recurring transaction amount average instead of a static amount?
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Hello @mc_2022,

Thank you for posting your inquiry to the Community!

Although the ability to use an average amount for varying Recurring Transactions is not currently available in Simplifi, we do have a request for this ability that I'd definitely suggest adding your vote and feedback to. 

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/448/varying-recurring-bills-use-average-of-last-six-months#latest

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @mc_2022,

@Coach Natalie shared with you a great Idea Post (click here) about creating an average based on the last 6 months.

Here's another Idea Post (click here) that would instead create an average based on the time of year.  Personally, I think this would be a better average to use for bills like Electric & Natural Gas that fluctuate greatly based on time of year.  Quicken Desktop has this ability so they're already like half-way there!

If Simplifi were to implement one of these ideas (6 month or time of year), I'd really hope they'd take the time to implement both of them, giving the user the chose of which one to use.  I see these two Ideas as pairing well together.
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @mc_2022

Some ideas for in the mean time, 

You can average out you payment manually for a given recurring bill and set your recurring amount to that. 

Use the note field in your recurring transaction to show the varying historical monthly amounts for a given biller so you can make the adjustment to your average amount at the beginning of each month.

I haven't tried this, but I wonder if you could go through the up coming 12 months available in Simplifi spending plan to set the expected amount based on your historical data for a given biller. 

Of course having this automated by Simplifi would be BEST so be sure to add you votes to the above links. 

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer

Answers

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @mc_2022

I was waiting to see if anyone had an answer for you.  My suspicion is that there is not, but you question also makes me wonder about how you would use recurring transaction averaging if it were available?  Which recurring transactions would you use averaging for?
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
This discussion has been closed.