Dark Mode Projected Cash Flow $0 line almost invisable

dagnabit2000
dagnabit2000 Member ✭✭✭
edited February 27 in Report a Bug
On the Web App, the $0 Balance line in the Projected Cash Flow Graph for each account is Black on a dark grey background.  This color combination makes it difficult to see.  Please choose a color for this line that is more visible.  

This is an important line because when the account balance goes below that line you will overdraft on a checking or savings account.  Please update the graph to aid in avoiding overdraft fees.
Tagged:

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    "me too".  I can confirm this is a problem.  I want to switch to dark mode, but this is one of those issues that makes it unusable.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @dagnabit2000 & @RobWilk,

Thank you for posting to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're both experiencing difficulties reading the Projected Cash Flow graph while in Dark Mode.

I'm not personally seeing any issues with the Projected Cash Flow graph when in Dark Mode, and I checked multiple individual accounts, as well as the 'Cash Flow' tab in the Upcoming section. Would you both mind clarifying where specifically you're seeing the issue, what specific actions or variables are involved, as well as provide a screenshot of the issue so we can get a clearer idea of what's going on?

Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Coach Natalie are you looking on web at the black straight line that marks zero all the way across.  In dark mode, as in light mode, it is black.  The background of whole page is dark gray which makes it difficult to see the black.  I am in car so can't screenshot right now.

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

I circled the line and pointed arrows towards it here.  It's darker black than the background, slightly.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Thanks for confirming the issue, @RobWilk!

Now I definitely see what line you're referring to, and it's nearly impossible to see in Dark Mode. I went ahead and got this reported and will be sure to post back once an update becomes available.

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-14160
  • dagnabit2000
    dagnabit2000 Member ✭✭✭
    Hey I was at work so I could not reply.    @RobWilk! nailed it.  That was the issue.  I really like the 9 arrows pointing at it,  a little disappointed you could not fit a tenth :-).   Thank you @RobWilk and @Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Hello @dagnabit2000 & @RobWilk,

Great news! A fix for this issue is expected with the 3.74.0 Web Release. Please be sure to let us know if you're still seeing an issue after that time. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just noticing either yesterday or the day before that this was still an issue when I tried Dark Mode again, I am looking forward to the 3.74.0 release and do hope this makes Dark Mode an option for me.  Thanks @Coach Natalie

Rob Wilkens

• dagnabit2000
    dagnabit2000 Member ✭✭✭
    Great, looking forward to V3.74. I will finally be able to turn on Dark Mode!!!! 
  • spyderdan
    spyderdan Member ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    When viewing the projected cash flow of my checking account, I would like it to be obvious when the account is projected to have a negative balance.

It would be nice if there were a static RED line on the 0 mark or perhaps the data point dots would be color coded in that fashion to have a red circle around them or something to indicate a negative balance situation

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    @spyderdan,

I think this is a problem with Dark Mode (i.e. It's a bug on desktop.).  Follow this post [removed self-referencing link to merged thread] for an expected resolution with 3.74.0 Web Release.  Mine is currently on 3.73.3...you can find the number in the footer section at the bottom of the Dashboard page.

Here's what it looks like with Dark Mode turned off...

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • spyderdan
    spyderdan Member ✭✭
    Nailed it @Flopbot
    Thanks
    I see the difference when i toggle to light mode and the linked post covered it already.
    I'm on Version: 3.73.3 (19153/d737a1802)
    So will look forward to 3.74 for this issue to be resolved. :sunglasses:

• Jeannette
    Jeannette Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    it is black, so in dark mode it is mostly invisible
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    @Jeannette, see this post for details and an expected timeline of when that will be fixed.

[removed self-referencing link to merged thread]
    Chris
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • dagnabit2000
    dagnabit2000 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2023

@Coach Natalie, I just went to verify the fix in dark mode today since I noticed I am running 3.74.1 now and I still have the issue:

Version: 3.74.1 (19328/809474880 - 2/23/2023, 7:12 PM)

• Coach Natalie

Hello @dagnabit2000,

Thank you for letting us know, though I'm sorry the trouble persists.

It looks like they added a bottom line to the graph, which is visible in Dark Mode. This fix works if the bottom line is the $0 line, but in your case, it's not, and you still can't see the $0 line. I went ahead and reopened the ticket and let them know what's going on; I'll post back as soon as an update is received.

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-14160

• spyderdan
    spyderdan Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023

Running 3.74.3 and still no fix for the ZERO line in dark mode 😥

Even in light mode it's hard to see really… Can't it just be made into a nice bold red color or something that could be seen regardless of the theme?

• dagnabit2000
    dagnabit2000 Member ✭✭✭

I was just about to post the same images. I almost went negative again because I was in dark mode. There is NO INDICATION on
    spyderdan or anyones charts that the balance is going negative. I aslo like the idea from spyderdan that the blue and circles become red when the balance is below $0 as well. HELP!!!

Thank you!!

Dave G

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

There is a clunky workaround for this that may get you by until the fix is implemented.

Create a phony account with a zero balance. It will show up as a color at the $0 line in the Cash Flow Report. In my case, I use my HELOC card for this because I never use it, but any test account should work.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

@ajbopp That's useful on multi-account cash flow charts, but if i'm looking at my checking accounts cash flow (From the checking account's page) it's not something i believe i can do.

Rob Wilkens

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

True enough @RobWilk Part of the clunkiness of it is to use the actual Cash Flow chart instead of the account register chart.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

@ajbopp , that is sooo clever! A workaround, sure, but a clever workaround…and cool. I almost want to start using darkmode just to try it!

Chris
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • natelaff
    natelaff Member

Noticed this one today, too. Definitley looking forward to a fix.

• dagnabit2000
    dagnabit2000 Member ✭✭✭

@Coach Natalie Any word on this one. Still an issue. would love to run in Dark mode, but this issue has bitten me twice so no Bueno!

Thanks

Dave G

• Coach Natalie

@dagnabit2000, as soon as an update becomes available, I'll be sure to let everyone know by posting a comment here. There is no further news at this time. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• With the recent Quicken re-branding, I am now seeing white on white in the projected balance graph. Looks like this is an old thread, but this problem happened for me only recently.

• Coach Natalie
    edited September 2023

@Doug S, thanks for posting!

This thread is for a different issue. The issue you're seeing has a thread here, but should now actually be fixed!

-Coach Natalie

• yfor11
    yfor11 Member

It would also be nice if the transaction that caused the account to go below zero would be flagged. See, for example, what Quicken Classic does:

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

@yfor11 I agree; that would be a great 'idea post', which I'd vote for if it didn't already exist. @Coach Natalie maybe could extract your comment into another post and make it an idea post.

Rob Wilkens

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

I saw posts for this issue before that was resolved. I saw it pop up again today. See enclosed file.

Dark Mode zero line - Bills and Payments Screen

Dark Mode zero line - Projected cash flow account page

For now, I am viewing these charts in Light Mode if I need them.

Thanks for your help.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

This discussion has been closed.