Notification # of bills "due this week" is badly wrong

RobWilk
RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2022 in Report a Bug
I tried reporting this in another thread, but that got ignored (and marked "off topic")

But

e-mail notifications about "You have 7 bills upcoming this week"

are badly wrong, I checked and I have *2* bills upcoming this week.

If this is a known issue, I guess merge it.

-Rob

Rob Wilkens

Tagged:

Comments

• RichD
    RichD Member ✭✭
    I get the same kind of messages 
  • Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭
    Mine is correct.   I don't understand why some of us aren't having various issues? Are you seeing this on the web?
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    It's email where i am seeing it...  mobile and web have same info

The email

Mobile shows 2 recurring this week.  There were 2 more on sunday (a $3.79 apple care charge, and a $3.79 cc payment for that, the email arrived 9:20pm sunday after that was cleared/linked).

Web does too

[edit images to reduce size]

Rob Wilkens

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭
    My email is correct....same with web and android???
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Clark i wonder if maybe it's because i have recurring transactions that are transfers to other accounts in the category....   maybe you don't have that.

Rob Wilkens

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    @RobWilk ...Might be....I don't have any transfers like you state above
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Clark probably is, then.   These transactions which are one transaction each have 2 sides and are typically displayed on both accounts when looking at each account's upcoming.   That's my best guess.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @RobWilk & @RichD,

Thank you for posting to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're seeing a discrepancy with the 'Upcoming bills' notification. 

To clarify, was this notification received yesterday/on Sunday? If so, the 'Bills' it's referring to would cover the upcoming week, which would be the following Monday - Sunday. Personally, when viewing my notification that was received yesterday, it matches the number of upcoming Bills I have for this current week Monday - Sunday. 

I'm not entirely certain whether both sides of a Recurring Linked Transfer would be counted, however, it would make sense since both sides show in the Spending Plan until the payment side is actually linked to a transaction. However, I am attempting to confirm if this is a bug or the intended design. 

With that said, and assuming that both sides of Recurring Linked Transfers are counted, is anyone still seeing an issue? Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Received on Sunday night, so you can see in my screenshots there should be only -2- transactions in that date range.   How you get 7 from 2 seems unlikely (1 a transfer, 1 not a transfer).

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    edited November 2022
    Thanks for confirming, @RobWilk!

Would you mind specifying which of those upcoming Reminders is a Transfer, please? In your screenshot, I see a Reminder for 'PenFed YouTube' and a Reminder for 'Youtube Premium', though it's not clear which of those is a Transfer. 

Also, you stated that you received the notification via email. Did you also receive the same notification in-product, or is it just the email notification that's inaccurate? Additionally, is it possible that any Reminders for Monday (yesterday) were linked after the notification was sent on Sunday, but before posting your screenshots to the Community yesterday? 

Please let us know, thank you! 

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Penfed youtube is the transfer to penfed to pay youtube.

Same notification in app as seen.

No notifications linked on monday.

Specifically, There are two transaction that were linked on the 30th (CONFIRMED DATE) that were redated to 31st when matched to bank.

[edited image to reduce size]

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Thank you, @RobWilk!

One last thing before escalating this -- the Team may need to view your logs for this particular issue, so I'd like to be proactive and have you upload them in advance. 
    1. Log into the Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send
    Please be sure to add a brief description of the issue so we can easily differentiate between previous submissions. Let me know once done!

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    report created - reference id 351498104077109761

Sorry for the delay, I was out most of the afternoon.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Hello @RobWilk,

Thank you for sending that!

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated and will be sure to post back as soon as an update is received. 

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-14247
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Coach Natalie Okay, it said i had 9 bills due this week.  Knowing what you said about it being based on Monday-Sunday I went and verified I have "9 recurring transactions" this month, if you split the transfer transactions into two sides (each counted as a separate 'bill').

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Thanks for letting me know, @RobWilk!

I let the Team know that this may have been a one-time occurrence since it sounds like your most recent 'Upcoming bills' notification matches what you see in Simplifi for the week. 

With that said, please be sure to keep an eye on this and let us know if the behavior continues to be correct moving forward. If you don't see any further issues, we can most likely close out the bug ticket as a "one-off" type of occurrence. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello again @RobWilk,

It looks like our Product Team decided to close the escalation since the issue occurred only once. Please keep an eye on it and let me know if it pops up again and we can reopen accordingly. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.