"Transfer to transfer to" on Android

RobWilk
RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2023 in Report a Bug
When i created a transaction on Android app for a transfer, it autofilled the category as "transfer to transfer to...".   Hand selecting the same transfer account did not fix it.  If i saved the new transaction and reopened it, then it was correct.

[edited image to reduce size]

Rob Wilkens

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @RobWilk,

Thanks for reporting this behavior to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you experienced this issue on the Simplifi Mobile App.

I'm not personally seeing any issues when entering a Transfer transaction on the Mobile App from my Android device. Since you're just seeing the issue on the Mobile App, I'd suggest signing out and back in to see if doing so helps to clear things up. If the issue persists, I'd next suggest performing a full uninstall/reinstall of the App, while performing a device reboot in between. 

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    I uninstalled and reinstalled (and yes, rebooted in between), but the issue persists

[edited image to reduce size]

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Hello @RobWilk,

Thank you for attempting the steps and posting back, although I'm sorry to hear that the trouble persists.

Any steps you can take to attempt to help narrow down the issue would be much appreciated. Please take a look at the following questions to see if you can identify any patterns or anything distinguishable:
    1. Is the issue occurring with a single transaction or with multiple transactions? 
    2. Are the transaction(s) downloaded from the bank, or are they manually entered? 
    3. Are you seeing the issue when performing a Transfer from just one specific account, or are you seeing it on multiple accounts? 
    4. Is the issue occurring when selecting a specific account as the Transfer Category, or is it happening with any account you're attempting to perform the Transfer to? 
    5. Have you taken a look at the transaction(s) from the Web App after saving them on the Mobile App to see if there are any issues present?
    6. Have you attempted to create the same transfer transaction from the Web App to see if the issue is also presented there when doing so?
    Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happens on any NEW transaction where I select an EXISTING PAYEE and it AUTOFILLS the transfer category.  I tried at least 2 different payees for different credit card targets and this happened.

Once I save it and come back in, it is back to normal/correct.  It is only incorrect on the new transaction screen.

If I manually select the transfer category this does not happen.

-Rob

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    To specifically address all your questions:
    1. I see it on EVERY NEW transaction that is assigned to an EXISTING PAYEE.  But once saved and exited, the issue does not exist anywhere.
    2. Manually entered, and once i'm done entering them the problem doesn't exist.
    3. ANy account, but only if autofilled.
    4. I'm not manually selecting a transfer, it is autofillled, that is the key part of this.
    5. Once it's saved, it's fine everywhere.
    6. I noticed that the web doesn't seem to autofill a category for transfers when you enter a payee, like the mobile app does, at least in my limited testing here.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    edited November 2022
    Gotcha, @RobWilk -- thank you!

I've noticed some auto-fill happening on the Mobile App as of late also, however, I haven't seen anything like this pop up yet. I wonder if they recently changed something that is causing the auto-fill behavior.

Just to clarify, it sounds like if you manually select the Transfer Category when entering the transaction, the "Transfer to Transfer to" goes away and the Category appears as a normal Linked Transfer -- is that right? 

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is right.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Hello @RobWilk,

Thanks for confirming!

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated and will be sure to post back as soon as an update is received. 

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-14235
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @RobWilk,

The Team picked this one up fast and a fix is expected with the 3.26.0 Mobile Release. Let me know if you still see an issue after that time! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're not kidding -- It was 3 hours between when you gave the bug report ID and the bug fix was "ready to go with the next release" :)

Rob Wilkens

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭
    @RobWilk...you must be special...I've been trying for months to get the simple filtering  the categories report working, and no fix yet!  @Coach Natalie ...when is this version  scheduled to be fixed now?
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    @Clark - Best i can guess is that mine was a simple fix, where yours is a simple feature that may require a significantly more complicated fix.  I program as a hobby (I have a computer science degree) and my requested fix could've been as simple as deleting the letters in the words "Transfer To" from a string (a collection of text characters), whereas your requested fix may require changing more complicated logic...  My problem was "super simple" in other words.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    edited November 2022
    Hello @RobWilk,

Yes, it's nice that the issue you reported seems to have such an easy fix! To clarify, though, the fix release is still 2 versions away (we're on 3.24.0 and the fix is expected with 3.26.0). I'll let you know if anything changes between now and then. 

@Clark -- As mentioned with previous inquiries, the issue you're referencing has an Alert that can be followed for updates. An update was posted just last Friday stating that the issue is still ongoing and there is no ETA on a fix. You'll want to go ahead and follow the Alert for updates. 

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/3341/new-5-20-22-transactions-are-not-being-filtered-properly-in-total-spending-report-mobile/p1?new=1

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    edited November 2022
    Hello @RobWilk,

Sadly, it looks like the expected fix for this issue was moved to the 3.27.0 Mobile Release. I'll keep you updated if any additional changes occur.

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello again @RobWilk,

Unfortunately, this issue must've been a bit harder to tackle than originally anticipated, as the Team has now removed the fix version from the ticket. I'll be sure to keep you updated with any future changes. 

We appreciate your continued patience!

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Coach Natalie tbh, i don't normally use anything but web app, but finishing up a 2 week vacation where I'm using phone more..

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie

Hello @RobWilk,

With the recent upgrades made to the Mobile App, are you still seeing this issue?

Please let me know, thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

Now it doesn't say transfer to even once.. so yes, it's

Rob Wilkens

This discussion has been closed.