Investment transaction downloads defaulting to "Health Insurance" category

Options
DannyB
DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2023 in Report a Bug
@Coach Natalie

I know this issue came up in another post in the forum but my quick search didn't turn up that post.

When this feature was first released in early access I seem to remember that the Description/Category defaulted to "Uncategorized."  Sometime in September the default Description/Category changed to "Health Insurance." This continues to be the case in all investment accounts.  My workaround for now until I have time to edit the transactions is to do a bulk edit to change the category to Uncategorized.  This is a bit tedious and I'm sure not what we all want for our most favorite of all money management tools :smile:

I know as currently deployed I'm going to have to edit each investment transaction to show the correct action and category no matter what default Simplfi chooses, but it makes much more sense to default to "Uncategorized" as that will not impact my reports the way defaulting to "Health Insurance" does.

Here is a sample from one of my accounts as of today:

Danny
Simplifi user since 01/22
Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @DannyB,

Thank you for reporting this as a bug!

This was previously mentioned in the Investment Transactions Feedback post here (as well as a couple of comments above yours), however, since that thread is for feedback for our Product Team, I'm not doing any bug reports from it.

With that said, our Product Team is aware of the categorization issue with "Health Insurance" for Investment Transactions and they are working hard to resolve it. In the meantime, I'd like to create a front-end ticket for me to track so I can keep you (and others) updated on the issue. 

To do so, please provide me with the name of the account that the transactions reside in, as it appears in Simplifi. Please also provide your logs via the 'Send Feedback' option by following these steps:
    1. Log into the Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send
    Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Coach Natalie

I sent the a logs via Send Feedback.

Names of accounts that transactions reside in as they appear in Simplifi:
    1. BOYCE JTWROS 2
    2. Dan TDA-4163
    3. IRA DANIEL BOYCE
    4. IRA TERESA BOYCE
    5. KAWEAH DELTA HEALTH CARE DISTRICT DEFERRED COMPENSATION 457B PLAN
    6. KAWEAH DELTA HEALTH CARE DISTRICT EMPLOYEES SALARY DEFERRAL 401K PLAN
    7. ROTH IRA DANIEL BOYCE
    8. Clover TDA-5498
    9. Ethan TDA-7331
    10. Judah TDA-4389
    11. Luke TDA-1718
    12. Mia TDA-6059
    Two other investment accounts aren't showing "Health Care" at this time but there have been no new transactions since the last time I updated those two accounts.
    Danny
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Thank you, @DannyB!

Since there are so many accounts, would you mind providing the specific account that the screenshot above is from? 

-Coach Natalie
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
     :D 
     @Coach Natalie I don't remember which account that screenshot is from, so... here is a screenshot from "IRA DANIEL BOYCE"

Danny
  • Coach Natalie
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Much appreciated, @DannyB!

I went ahead and got that ticket created and will be sure to post back as soon as any updates are received. :smile:

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-14375 / QCS-14979
  • Pieter
    Pieter Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    I noticed my Wealthfront Brokerage account started showing transactions and the UI shows a Beta tag.

"Smart Beta" and "Tax-loss Harvesting" transactions are listed as Action:Payment/Deposit, Category:Health Insurance, and some transactions are listed under Security/Payee and others under Description/Category.

I'd expect the action to be something like reinvestment, and the category definitely not health insurance.
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @Pieter,

Thank you for posting to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that your Investment Transactions are being impacted by this known issue.

Sadly, the issue with Investment Transactions all being assigned "Health Insurance" for the Category is a known issue that our Product Team is working hard to resolve. We don't have an ETA to provide on a fix quite yet, however, I did merge your post with the existing bug report post for this issue so I can keep everyone updated. 

In the meantime, you are more than welcome to edit the Investment Transactions to correct the Action/Type and the Category. For more details on editing Investment Transactions, please see our Support Article here

We appreciate your patience!

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Options

Hey @DannyB & @Pieter,

It looks like the "Health Insurance" issue should now be resolved and "Uncategorized" should be what you're both seeing now — can you confirm for me, please?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the update, @Coach Natalie. My investment transaction downloads have been defaulting to "Uncategorized" for some time now. I'm still working at getting all my past transactions edited to reflect the correct info i.e., Action, Security, Description/Category for all our active accounts. Hope to have this all done in a a week or two. I'll update you on the duplicate downloads in the other thread dealing with that issue.

Danny
This discussion has been closed.