Fidelity Investments wrong number of shares

bobluck
bobluck Member ✭✭✭
edited December 2022 in Investments
Almost all of my holdings @ Fidelity have to wrong number of shares, causing the wrong net worth number and investment account balance. Really don't need to see transactions just each holding with the correct number of shares including cash.
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @bobluck,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're seeing an issue with your holdings in Simplifi. 

To clarify, is the account in question connected to the bank, or is it a manual account? If the former, there are a couple of different balances you may see -- in the Investments section, the 'Market Value' (aka Portfolio Value) will be determined based on the holdings contained within the Portfolio and their current value, whereas the balance for the account in the Accounts List (the left-hand bar that lists all of your accounts) will be sent in by the financial institution. Though the balances may be the same, they are acquired using different points of data; more details on this can be found here

When it comes to Investment Transactions specifically, these don't impact your Portfolio Value or account balances in any way. More details on using Investment Transactions can be found here

With that said, we do need some more details as to where specifically you're seeing the issue. Are you seeing incorrect shares in the actual investment account when looking at your Investment Transactions, or are you seeing the discrepancy in the Investments section directly?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie
  • bobluck
    bobluck Member ✭✭✭
    I am seeing incorrect shares in the investment section from Fidelity Investments, Had to convert to manual to correct, seems tedious to have to update manually every time things change.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @bobluck,

Thanks for confirming the issue!

If the account is connected to the bank and you're seeing incorrect holdings and/or an incorrect balance or Portfolio Value, we can definitely take a look at escalating the issue. To do so, we would need the following information:
    1. The name of the account in question, as it appears in Simplifi.
    2. Screenshots of all of the holdings displayed in Simplifi for the account that specifies which holdings are incorrect. 
    3. Screenshots of all of the holdings displayed on the bank's website for the account.
    4. The current Portfolio Value displayed in Simplifi for the account.
    5. The current Portfolio Value displayed on the bank's website for the account.
    6. Confirm whether the balance displayed for the account in the Accounts List (the left-hand bar that lists all of your accounts and balances) is correct.
    -Coach Natalie
  • bobluck
    bobluck Member ✭✭✭
    I've converted to manual and will use the tedious method until subscription expires. Thanks
  • bobluck
    bobluck Member ✭✭✭
    Where can I send to required information, wan't the product I paid for to work. All my investment accounts, 5 total show 0 holdings. 
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @bobluck,

We definitely want Simplifi to work for you as well!

To clarify, have you now reconnected the Fidelity account(s) in Simplifi? Are all of the incorrect holdings for Fidelity, or are you seeing the issue with other financial institutions as well?

Also, unless you're looking to keep historical data for the Balances and Performance features, have you tried completely deleting and re-adding the accounts to see if doing so helps to get things accurate, by chance?

When it comes to sharing the requested information, you can either share that here, DM it to me here in the Community, or I can email you a link to our Secure File Exchange. 

-Coach Natalie
  • bobluck
    bobluck Member ✭✭✭
    I've deleted everything from simplifi, and want to start fresh but don't see that option. This sure is a lot of work.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @bobluck,

To clarify, I was referring to deleting just the problematic investment accounts and then re-adding them. You can delete a specific account or financial institution by following the steps listed here

However, if you're looking to completely start over in Simplifi, this is something we can do for you from our end by deleting your Simplifi dataset, which would put you back to the Getting Started flow. 

-Coach Natalie
  • bobluck
    bobluck Member ✭✭✭
    I did start fresh after having my data set deleted on your end, Fidelity Investment accounts still show no holdings, balances seem to be correct. Since this does not seem to work is it possible to just hide to interface elements that display nothing? Investments and others that are not used. Similar to the mobile app.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @bobluck,

Thanks for clarifying, although I'm sorry to hear that the trouble persists.

When it comes to hiding certain elements from the interface like the Mobile App, are you referring to the Dashboard? If so, unfortunately, you can only rearrange items on the Web App Dashboard, but cannot hide them at this time. We do, however, have an Idea post available here requesting this ability that you may be interested in checking out. 

With that said, for the issue that you're seeing with your holdings, I'd be happy to escalate this so our Product Team can work on getting it resolved for you. If you'd like to move forward with this, please provide the above-requested information as follows: 
    1. The name of the accounts in question, as they appear in Simplifi.
    2. Screenshots of all of the holdings displayed in Simplifi for each account that specifies which holdings are incorrect. 
    3. Screenshots of all of the holdings displayed on the bank's website for the accounts.
    4. The current Portfolio Value displayed in Simplifi for the accounts.
    5. The current Portfolio Value displayed on the bank's website for the accounts.
    6. Confirm whether the balance displayed for the accounts in the Accounts List (the left-hand bar that lists all of your accounts and balances) is correct.
    Otherwise, you may consider tracking the investment accounts manually instead. You can add manual holdings, and as long as a valid ticker symbol is used, the value will update automatically according to the current market stats. The only thing you would have to maintain manually is the number of shares and adding/removing holdings when applicable. More details on this can be found here and here

I know you mentioned that you converted the accounts to manual accounts to resolve the issue you're seeing, however, I did just want to mention that the accounts can be maintained this way. Unless you have a lot of holdings or a lot of changes that occur aside from values updating, this could potentially be a pretty easy process. However, I'd be happy to escalate so you can connect the accounts instead! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • bobluck
    bobluck Member ✭✭✭
    I would really like this to be an automatic process, buys and sells and holdings amounts change frequently and having to do this manually is really no better then doing it in a spreadsheet or yahoo finance.

• Coach Natalie
    Hello @bobluck,

Thank you for providing some screenshots!

Unfortunately, the screenshots don't quite cover the requested information. Is there more than one account that this is occurring with? If so, we will need a screenshot of each individual account in Simplifi with a comparison screenshot of the corresponding account on the bank's website showing the holdings.

We also need to know the name of each of the accounts, as they appear in Simplifi. Additionally, we need to know the balance of each of the accounts as displayed on the bank's website. Finally, we need to know whether the balance displayed for the accounts in the Accounts List (the left-hand bar that lists all of your accounts and balances) is correct.

We won't be able to escalate this issue without having all of the required data. Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie
  • bobluck
    bobluck Member ✭✭✭
    The screen shots do include the info requested the account name is in the top left of each account, Roth, IRA, Duke, Link, Indiv the same account names are in Simplifi. The Quantity is the number of shares. The balance is pretty close for all the accounts, it is live data so a comparison is not possible, but the shares are accurate. If I'm asking too much just let me know and I'll go away. 
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @bobluck,

Thank you for confirming the account names, although I apologize for any confusion. 

The screenshot that was provided for Simplifi shows "All Accounts". The Product Team will want to see a screenshot of each individual account portfolio in Simplifi so they can compare it to the corresponding screenshot of the holdings from the bank's website. To do so, you'll want to select the "All Accounts" drop-down from the Investments Portfolio page and then select each account individually while grabbing a screenshot of each one. 

When it comes to the balance of the accounts, please gather this from the Accounts List directly, which is the left-hand bar that lists all of your accounts. If the balances listed in the Accounts List are the same as the balances listed on the Investing: Balances page, then we can use the screenshot you provided above for this. However, we do need to confirm the balance in the Accounts List specifically. 

Additionally, just to confirm, is the 'Current Value' that's listed in the "Account Total" row of the screenshots from the bank the current balance of each of the accounts according to the bank's website?

Much appreciated!

-Coach Natalie
  • bobluck
    bobluck Member ✭✭✭
    The balances are all correct in the app for all accounts, just the holdings are missing. The first time I set it up the holdings were present, but they were wrong. Prompting a data file removal and clean setup. Now there are no holdings at all, so they are all wrong.

• bobluck
    bobluck Member ✭✭✭
    Everything showed up this morning, not sure if that was you, but if so thanks.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @bobluck,

That's great to hear! 

It wasn't me -- I was going to get everything escalated this morning, and then let you know that the additional screenshots were perfect and everything was sent over. But it sounds like you are good to go now! 

Let us know if the issue pops up again and we can get it escalated. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • bobluck
    bobluck Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.