Sign in - web - autofill w/ Chrome - Minor issue

RobWilk
RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2022 in Report a Bug
When I sign in to Simplfi web (not that often I have to), autofill never works on the e-mail field (it always chooses my other e-mail address as an option only), but if i click in the password field, I can select my saved e-mail/password and it fills in both fields,  Can you fix the e-mail field so it autofills properly?

Rob Wilkens

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @RobWilk,

Thanks for reporting this!

I brought this up to our Product Team, however, it sounds like this would be a Chrome issue since they're the ones who handle the saved passwords and auto-filling the information, so there's not a whole lot that can be done from our end. Instead, you may consider reporting this behavior to Google directly.

Sorry I can't be of more help!

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    It's only your site, i think the html tags/attributes are not marked correctly to indicate what the field is used for.  I would look up a fix but i am at a theme park

I think the code is around here but i'm not a javascript expert:
    H.username="Please enter your Quicken ID (email address)",U.password||
    (H.password="Please enter your password"),$(U.username,U.password),H},S=async 
    U=>{Qr.trace("onSubmit - async state:",U);try{await r({...U})}catch(H){Qr.error(
    "Failed to sign-in user: ",H)}},_=Me(o)?null:"Quicken ID (email address)",P=Me(o)?"Quicken ID 
    (email address)":null,A=Me(o)?null:"Password",I=Me(o)?"Password":null,R=rn(o)?"New to Simplifi?":
    "New to Quicken?"

Rob Wilkens

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @robwilk, out of curiosity, are you using Chrome as a password manager or LastPass, Dashlane, or some other thing?
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chrome itself, no 3rd party tools...

Rob Wilkens

• itzsaga
    itzsaga Member
    I see this with 3rd party password managers (LastPass) as well. Never autofills the fields.
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @itzsaga, see this post to fix the LastPass issue.  Doesn’t help Rob, but it might help you.

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/comment/8435#Comment_8435
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @RobWilk,

I experience the same behavior, and also only see it when signing into Simplifi. I tested it on Firefox and it worked as expected. I reiterated the issue to the Team and they stated they will look into it. At this time, however, there's nothing further I'll be able to do from my end. Fingers crossed that we see this fixed at some point in the future!

@itzsaga, it looks like @Flopbot shared a post with a workaround for using LastPass with Simplifi, and I also just wanted to confirm that LastPass is not currently supported/integrated with Simplifi, so you technically won't be able to use it when signing in. Hopefully the steps @Flopbot provided work for you, though!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.