How to remove cash holdings from Fidelity NetBenefits update?

ShellyB
ShellyB Member
I have an employer 401k with Fidelity NetBenefits.  When I update the account, the feed contains my individual positions - and also an incorrect cash balance.  (The cash balance doubles the value of my holdings).  Any advice?
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @ShellyB,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're seeing a discrepancy with your Fidelity NetBenefits account.

To clarify, are you seeing an issue with the Investment Transactions that have downloaded for the account (Investment Transactions is currently an Early Access feature; please see here for more details), or are you seeing the discrepancy with the holdings displayed for the account in the Investments section?

If the latter, there is no way to delete or edit holdings for connected investment accounts. If you're seeing a discrepancy with your holdings in the Investments section, it is most likely something we'd need to take a closer look at.

Please let us know where you're seeing the issue and I'll let you know what info we need. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Hi Coach Natalie - Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.  I see the info shown below - the 5 securities that are in my NetBenefits account (with the # of shares, price, value, etc.).  Additionally, I see '-Cash-', where the value of the cash is the sum of the values of my 5 securities.  I have no cash in my NetBenefits account - not sure why any is showing.  And it is artificially doubling the overall value of my NetBenefits account shown in Quicken.  Let me know if this helps, or if you need additional information.  Thanks!  ShellyB  
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @ShellyB,

Thanks for clarifying the issue!

Unfortunately, it seems that you're in the wrong Community. This is the Simplifi Community, however, it looks like your screenshot is from Quicken and you also mentioned Quicken in your reply. Additionally, I confirmed from our end that you're only subscribed to Quicken; I'm not seeing a Simplifi Subscription for you under the email address associated with your Community Profile. 

With that said, I'd definitely suggest registering and posting to the Quicken Community to receive assistance for this issue: https://community.quicken.com/

Let me know if you have any questions!

-Coach Natalie
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ShellyB,

Just adding some backstory to this post.  Quicken offers two personal financial software solutions.
    1. Quicken Desktop:  The” traditional”, desktops-based software we all think of when you hear the word Quicken.  Released in 1983 by Intuit and - thankfully - sold off by Intuit in 2016.  I don't know the details of what company technically owns the Quicken brand now, but I just refer to them as Quicken (the company).  WhenI left, Quicken Desktop was based on a 3-year purchase model and their community forum is (click here).

2. Quicken Simplifi:  The "new", cloud-based software that Quicken (the company) released around ?2019?.  This one is essentially web and app based and you don't have to download anything to your computer.  Simplifi uses a yearly subscription model and their community forum is (click here).
    As a current Quicken Desktop user, you might be interested in this post (click here) which details the differences between the two applications and how different ones might be better for different users.  Having used both of them myself, I am a BIG FAN of the relative ease of using Quicken Simplifi compared to Quicken Desktop and would warmly welcome you to check out Simplifi to see if it might be right for you too!  If not, make sure to re-post your original question to the community forum for Quicken Desktop.

Take care.
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
This discussion has been closed.