Investment Transactions Unreviewed

meoge
meoge Member ✭✭
edited December 2022 in Investments
I run a report every week looking for unreviewed transactions. Most/All of the investment tranactions are unreviewed so they throw off my report. There is no way to mark an investment transaction as reviewed so I can't clear them from the report. Is there a work around for this? I mark all new banking transactions as reviewed once I've confirmed they are legit so I'd really like to have a clean report again.

Best Answers

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Hello @meoge,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

At this time, the only Investment Transactions that can show in Reports are "cash flow" types, which include the Types of 'Income Miscellaneous', 'Miscellaneous Expense', and 'Payment/Deposit'. These Investing Types are designed to be ignored from Reports by default, however, you can manually include them. Additionally, there is a bug that is causing 'Payment/Deposit' Types to be included in Reports by default, so you have to manually ignore them until the bug is fixed. More details on using Investment Transactions can be found here

With that said, although there doesn't seem to be an option to mark an Investment Transaction as 'Reviewed' or 'Not Reviewed', I'm not personally seeing any of my Investment Transactions show up in my Spending Report when filtered by 'Not Reviewed'. Would you mind providing more details as to what specific Investment Transactions you're seeing in your Report? Also, have you tried manually marking them to be ignored from Reports to see if doing so helps to clear things up, by chance? 

When it comes to having the option to mark Investment Transactions as 'Reviewed' or 'Not Reviewed', since Investment Transactions are still in beta testing, I'd suggest posting on our Investment Transactions Early Access Feedback post here to share your feedback with our Product Team. 

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Answer ✓
    Hello @meoge,

Thanks for posting back!

It looks like this may be moot now, as the Product Team removed Investment Transactions from Reports completely as of the 3.69.0 Web Release. Can you confirm that you're no longer seeing them, please? 

Hopefully this resolves things for you! 🤞

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• meoge
    meoge Member ✭✭
    I spot checked about 20 of them and they are all 'Payment/Deposit' type transactions. I checked the box for ignore from reports on one of them and it changed the amount shown on the line graph of the spending report, but the transaction still showed up in the list even after navigating away from the report and coming back and selecting not reviewed again. There are hundreds of that transaction type in the report.
  • meoge
    meoge Member ✭✭
    Yes, they are gone from the reports now. Thanks!
  • Coach Natalie
    Awesome, @meoge!

Let us know if we can assist with anything further. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.