Add one-time income

APhlip
APhlip Member
edited December 2022 in Bills and Income
Hi, I am trying to do my planning. I am supposed to receive a one-time influx, which I am trying to add to my budget and there seems not be a way to do that. When I tried the first time it showed under bills;  very confusing. Anyone has a tip?
Tagged:

Best Answers

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓
    Hi @APhlip and @KWHolland

Here’s how I added a one time income event (Web app):  >Spending Plan > Income after bills &savings > Income > Add Income.  This will open the Add Income popup screen, select ADD MANUALLY at bottom of screen, this will open a Create series screen.

Fill out the form with all the pertinent information, for the Next Date I put in the day I anticipate receiving the income, and here is where the "I wish there was a "One Time Only" option in the Frequency drop down menu happens. I don't think it matters what frequency you select as long as you assign an End Date that will end the series before the next in series date.

Fill out the rest of the Series info appropriately and click "CREATE"

And that should take care of that one time income event.

I imagine one of the coaches will chime in especially if there is a more straight forward way to add a one time income event. 
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Hello @APhlip & @KWHolland,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

@DannyB provided a great response above with the steps to create a one-time Income occurrence in Simplifi. Please note that this can also be done from the Settings>Recurring section in addition to creating the Series from the Spending Plan directly. Either way will give you the same results, though. 

Another way to do this is if the transaction has already been downloaded from the bank, you'll have the option to make that transaction a one-time Income occurrence from the transaction directly. This method won't create a Recurring Series, but will instead place that single transaction in the "Income" section of the Spending Plan. More details on this can be found here

Also, when creating a Recurring Income Series, it's important to use an Income Category so Simplifi knows that it's a positive amount and also knows to place it under "Income" instead of "Bills". 

Let us know if you have any further questions!

-Coach Natalie

Answers

This discussion has been closed.