Linked transactions are reverting to unlinked and the downloaded register entry is missing

Mike T
Mike T Member ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2023 in Report a Bug

[removed tag]

I have an issue that I am seeing with at least one of my account -- the Citibank Access Checking.  This has happened just now and it happened last month as well (you can check my tech support chat history for more details on the one from last month).

Here's the situation
1. I update my account and transactions are downloaded
2. I link a reminder to one of the downloaded transactions since Simplifi didn't catch it automatically
3. The next day, the reminder is back in the upcoming (as if it has been unlinked) at the top of the register and the transaction that was downloaded is completely gone.

See screen shots below.  For this case.  I had a $187 transaction for Tmobile.  I linked the $50 dollar recurring one from my upcoming list for that account to the $187 that was downloaded.   It appeared to work just fine.

I logged back in today.  The $50 reminder was back in the list of upcoming as past due and the $187 that was downloaded is NOT in the registry any more.

As you can see the last time I had this, I went through the full troubleshooting issue -- refreshed the account, made it manual and then re-added and linked it, etc etc.  I can never get the downloaded transaction to show again.

When I talked to tech support on this last time, I was told they talked to engineering and it showed that the download transaction "was deleted after it was downloaded"  It might have been, but not by me.

In summary, link to something that is downloaded, the next day it's no longer linked and what was downloaded is no longer the in the register.

The screen shots show what happened today after the link was broken and the entry from simplifi deleted.

So far, I have only seen this with my Citibank Access checking account.

Thanks!  Mike T

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @Mike T,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you have some transactions missing from Simplifi.

In order to further investigate this behavior, we'll need you to provide some additional information:
    1. The name of the account in question, as it appears in Simplifi (you mentioned 'Citibank Access Checking' -- please confirm that this is the account name).
    2. The details of the transactions that are missing with the Date, Payee, and Amount.
    3. Confirm whether the balance is still correct for the account.
    Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie
  • Mike T
    Mike T Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Coach Natalie

1.  It's called Access Account in my account

2. See the screen shot in my first post

3. The balance is correct -- and that's the same thing I saw last time too -- the balance stays right, but the transactions are missing.   As of today, there are at least two (that I know of) which are missing from the downloaded transactions, but the account balance is right.

Thanks!
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Mike T,

Thank you for providing the requested information!

You stated that there are at least two transactions that are missing, however, I'm only seeing one transaction in your screenshots above. Would you mind providing the details of the second transaction, please? 

-Coach Natalie
  • Mike T
    Mike T Member ✭✭✭✭
    I had to go back and look at the help chat that I had with another coach -- there were actually three that were downloaded, I linked, then the next day they were unlinked and completely missing from my register.  That coach said that the engineers said they were downloaded but then deleted.  I agree, but they were not deleted by me... see attached photo for that.

• Coach Natalie
    Hello @Mike T,

Thank you for providing additional examples!

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated and will be sure to post back as soon as an update is received.

-Coach Natalie

CTP-4880
  • Mike T
    Mike T Member ✭✭✭✭
    Many thanks!  Mike T
  • Mike T
    Mike T Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Coach Natalie -- have you heard any update on this?  Thanks
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Mike T,

Thanks for reaching out!

Sadly, there hasn't been any updates on this issue as of yet. I'll be sure to let you know as soon as I receive one! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Mike T,

Thank you for your continued patience!

I finally heard back from my Team on this, and they're wondering if it's possible that you're linking the transactions to an older version of the Recurring Reminder, by chance? 

They also need fresh examples from you -- has this issue occurred recently? If so, please provide the Date, Payee, and Amount of the missing transactions, as well as the details of the Recurring Reminders that they were linked to. 

Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie
  • Mike T
    Mike T Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Coach Natalie

Hmm... I am pretty sure I am not linking to an older version.  Sometimes the reminder is "past due" when I initiate the link because I may have it set to recur every 15th of the month and the actual charge does not show until the 16th or 17th due to weekend or holiday. 

When that happens, simplifi sometimes won't catch that it is the same charge and I will have to link manually.  In that case, the 'past due' reminder is still the current reminder (most recent reminder) it's just a couple of days past due.  I never really have "old" reminders in my account because I either link them or delete them month to month if they don't apply.

Let me check to see if I see this again.  This particular account does not have a lot of recurring bills on it, but I do have some coming in in the next few days.  I will monitor to see if it happens again and then send an example.  

Thanks... Mike T

• Coach Natalie
    Hello @Mike T,

Have you come across any new examples, by chance? Please let us know so our Team can continue working on the issue!

-Coach Natalie
  • Mike T
    Mike T Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Coach Natalie

I have not seen anything recently -- sorry!
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Mike T,

Since some time has passed, I wanted to reach back out to see if you've come across any new examples, by chance. If not, I'm wondering if we can close the ticket since the issue doesn't seem to be occurring. We can reopen at a later time if need be. 

Please let us know, thank you!

-Coach Natalie
  • Mike T
    Mike T Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Coach Natalie

Unfortunately, I got nothing, so I guess closing for now makes the most sense.  I will continue to monitor for any recurrence.  Thanks... Mike T
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Mike T,

Thanks for getting back to me!

We can give it a couple more weeks to see if any new occurrences pop up. I'll check back in with you at that time and if there are no new instances, we can close the ticket out. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Mike T
    Mike T Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Coach Natalie

Sounds good....thanks
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Mike T,

Since we haven't been able to obtain fresh examples from you, I went ahead and closed out the ticket. Let us know if the issue pops back up, though, and we can reopen accordingly. If this does occur again, we will need new examples from you. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Mike T
    Mike T Member ✭✭✭✭
    Got it -- thanks!

This discussion has been closed.