Issues with transactions dates for Wells Fargo transactions (edited)

2»

Comments

• Steve86
    Steve86 Member ✭✭✭
    Hi @Coach Natalie just checked this morning. Looks like the issue still exists.
    the date applied does not match what I see on my bank transactions. 

screenshots below 

from Simplifi

From my bank

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @Steve86,

Thank you for getting back to me!

Yes, it looks like the issue is still being worked on, and may even be impacting Quicken users. I'll be sure to let you know as soon as an update is received. 

-Coach Natalie
  • ramza1011
    ramza1011 Member ✭✭
    Hey @Coach Natalie are there any updates on this bug? This one's getting annoying enough for me to start looking for alternative services, because I have to constantly fix the transactions as they come into Simplifi, especially at the beginning/end of each month.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @ramza1011,

Unfortunately, there's no further update to provide at this time. I do know that the issue is actively being worked on; we're just waiting for a fix to be implemented at this point. As mentioned above, the issue does seem to be widespread and is also impacting Quicken users, so hopefully not too much longer. 

We appreciate your continued patience!

-Coach Natalie
  • Ulysses
    Ulysses Member ✭✭
    I wonder if the problem here could be the date/time zone on Simplifi’s servers vs. the date/time zone on the bank’s cleared/transaction data.  Could be a time zone translation bug.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @ramza1011 & @Steve86,

Thank you for your continued patience as this was being worked on!

I've received an update from my Team stating that a fix has been implemented for this issue. Would you both mind checking in Simplifi and confirming for me, please? 

-Coach Natalie
  • ramza1011
    ramza1011 Member ✭✭
    Hi @Coach Natalie, I unfortunately don't see any change on recent transactions in my account. I just tried refreshing and picked up items from Jan 15, but they're registering as Jan 16 in Simplifi.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @ramza1011,

Darn it! :disappointed:

Please provide a few example transactions with the Date, Payee, and Amount that's displayed in Simplifi, as well as what the Date should be according to the bank's website so I can reopen the ticket. 

-Coach Natalie
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Coach Natalie I know this conversation has been ongoing for a while.

I bank with Wells Fargo and I see the same "issue" with the difference between dates when a transaction posted as cleared at the bank and the date reported to and assigned by Simplifi. Here are 3 screenshots showing the difference.  

Simplifi register for checking account:

Transaction detail screen - note "Appears on your DAB Checking... as ... on Jan 18, 2023." 

This is taken from Wells Fargo's website for this account.  The date this transaction posted to Wells Fargo is recorded as 01/17/23 but it didn't download into Simplifi until 1/18/23.  

I could go down the line with all other Wells Fargo transactions and see the same - the date shown on the bank website is one day earlier than the date showing in Simplifi.  

• Does this discrepancy have something to do with when the data is ready for download, i.e. after midnight?
    • The "Appears on..." info is coming from somewhere and that somewhere is where the discrepancy may possibly be found?
    • I wonder if the issue is tied into Wells Fargo choosing not to include Pending transactions in their downloads?
    P.S. This is not an issue for me personally whether the date in Simplifi is the exact date or one day latter.  I won't see this information in Simplifi until the "next day" anyway and Simplifi reports an accurate balance from day to day.
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • ramza1011
    ramza1011 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2023
    @DannyB thanks for leaving that note. @Coach Natalie that pretty much sums it up for me too. It is a big problem for me, though, because my budgets are ruined because of transactions on the last day of the month, and I constantly have to fix them.
  • Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    @Coach Natalie @DannyB  Thiis is happening to me too!  I have to fix at the end of each month.  It is definitely a Simplifi issue (not my bank before you go there) because Mint records correctly. I run Mint as a redundant program because simplifi is not very stable.  
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @DannyB,

Thank you for posting and sharing an example! It's unfortunate that this issue persists and seems to be affecting more and more users. 

Do you, by chance, have a couple more example transactions you can provide that the issue is occurring with? We typically need at least 3 examples to escalate something like this. 

@ramza1011 & @Clark -- will you both also provide a few example transactions that the issue is still occurring with, please? We need the Date, Payee, and Amount that's displayed in Simplifi, as well as the date that the transactions should be. 

Once I receive sufficient examples, I'll reopen the ticket and let them know that the issue is still occurring for Simplifi. 

Much appreciated!

-Coach Natalie
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    @Coach Natalie here you go.  I can supply screenshots of my other WF checking account and/or my WF Visa account if needed but it's the same issue as with this account.  FYI, I checked three other banks  with connected  accounts (CapitalOne, Citi, Chase) and all dates match on the banks' website and in Simplifi.

And just for fun here is a sample transaction detail screen shot for the  Td Ameritrade Luke/TD AMERITRACE ACH IN... CAROLAN LUKE (Simplifi/WF) entry.

Danny
  • Coach Natalie
    Thank you, @DannyB!

Unfortunately, those screenshots of your Simplifi register and bank register won't work, as they don't show the amount of the transactions. To clarify, we need the Date, Payee, and Amount that's displayed in Simplifi, as well as the date that the transactions should be. 

If you'd like to provide those same exact screenshots, but with a wide enough scope to show the amount, I think that would give us a good comparison. If you'd prefer, you can DM them to me for privacy. 

Much appreciated!

-Coach Natalie
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Coach Natalie sorry for the mix up.  We are on a trip out of town for the next week and I don't have a laptop or tablet with me, just my phone.  I'll send you the screenshots when I return home.
    Danny
  • ramza1011
    ramza1011 Member ✭✭
    @Coach Natalie I DM'ed you a screenshot for security reasons instead of putting it here; please let me know if you need anything else. Thanks.

• Coach Natalie
    Hello @ramza1011,

Thank you for providing the requested information!

I have gone ahead and reopened the ticket and will be sure to let you know when I receive an update. 

@Steve86 @Clark @DannyB -- any additional reporting users with examples will be helpful! 

-Coach Natalie

CTP-3503
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @ramza1011,

My Team was troubleshooting this issue with your Wells Fargo transactions, but it looks like you deleted the account. Unfortunately, we won't be able to do anything further the escalation without keeping the account added in Simplifi. If you'd like this issue to continue being worked on, please re-add the account. 

Thank you!

-Coach Natalie
  • emoji
    emoji Member
    Hi @Coach Natalie, I found this thread via a Google search because I am experiencing the same problem that others in this thread have shared.
    I've just started a trial with Simplifi, and Simplifi is displaying incorrect dates for all transactions in my Wells Fargo and Chase accounts. The dates displayed in Simplifi are 1 day later than the corresponding dates shown on Wells Fargo's and Chase's websites and statements. For example, Simplifi displays a transaction date of February 1, 2023, but the correct date on the bank's website is January 31, 2023.
    As far as I can tell, at least in my case, this problem is consistently present for all Wells Fargo and Chase transactions, but the problem is not present for transactions from other financial institutions. For Bank of America transactions, for example, the dates displayed in Simplifi are correct and match the dates displayed in Bank of America's records.
    I'm afraid that such a major problem makes this product unusable to me. Since I see that the problem has been present and unfixed since at least March of 2022, it seems highly likely that I will have to look for an alternative solution. But in any case, I wanted to share my experience in order to provide another data point of the issue occurring so that hopefully your team can eventually identify and resolve the issue.
  • Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    This has been happening to me for months on my US Bank CC.  I was told that it couldn't be fixed on the Simplifi side, as it was a bank issue.   I just don't buy that's true as my other bank accounts are fine.   I sent screen shots for proof, and I'm just frustrated with this too.

@Coach Natalie...please refer to this issue on July 2022 discussion with all my screenshots.   You closed it so I can't share.
  • Coach Natalie
    edited February 2023
    Hello All,

If you're seeing an issue with the dates of your Wells Fargo transactions in Simplifi, please post here with specific examples so the issue can continue to be researched. At this time, the only reporting user who has provided examples, @ramza1011, has deleted the account, so the issue is not currently able to be worked on.

To reiterate, we need:
    1. The name of the account the transactions reside in, as it appears in Simplifi. 
    2. The Date, Payee, and Amount of 3-4 example transactions that the issue is occurring with, as displayed in Simplifi. 
    3. The Date that the transactions should be, according to Wells Fargo's website.
    If you're seeing an issue with a different bank, you will want to create a separate post, as this post is for Wells Fargo specifically. 

Thank you!

-Coach Natalie
  • emoji
    emoji Member
    edited February 2023
    Thank you for the follow-up. I have decided to use a different budgeting app that displays the transaction dates correctly, so I have closed out my Simplifi account. Apologies that I can't be more help here.

If the Simplifi product team wants to reproduce the date inaccuracy problem in order to find the underlying issue, my best suggestion would be—and of course please feel free to ignore my suggestion if not needed—for team members who are located in the Pacific time zone and who have Wells Fargo bank accounts to create new users in Simplifi, connect their Wells Fargo accounts, and compare the transaction dates. With any luck, doing this might allow some members of the team to observe the unexpected behavior directly, and if so, I imagine that could make it easier to figure out what the core issue is.

Thanks again for the help, and best of luck finding the cause of this mysterious issue!
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Coach Natalie here are a couple of screenshots form WF online account register and my Simplifi account register for the same account showing the date discrepancy. If you need more info let me know.

Danny
  • Coach Natalie
    Thank you, @DannyB!

I went ahead and resubmitted the ticket and will let you know as soon as I hear back. :smile:

-Coach Natalie

CTP-3503
  • Coach Natalie

Hello All,

Due to the age of this escalation and the lack of additional reporting users, our Product Team has decided to close out the ticket and has requested that a new one be created if there are any additional reports of this behavior with Wells Fargo transactions. With that said, if anyone is still experiencing this issue and would like to have it researched, please provide the following information:

1. The name of the account the transactions reside in, as it appears in Simplifi. 
    2. The Date, Payee, and Amount of 3-4 example transactions that the issue is occurring with, as displayed in Simplifi. 
    3. The Date that the transactions should be, according to Wells Fargo's website.
    4. A screenshot of the example transactions listed in Simplifi.
    5. A screenshot of the example transactions listed on Wells Fargo's website.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.