Incorrect shares and market value for T. Rowe Price account

System
System Administrator admin
edited May 2023 in Investments
This discussion was created from comments split from: Is there a connection issue with T. Rowe Price?.
Tagged:

Comments

• Havensd74
    Havensd74 Member ✭✭
    Hi Natalie,

I spoke to soon, T. Rowe Price will need to be looked at further by your team.

Although it is connecting, it is not correctly downloading the numbers of shares for each investment in the account.

Additionally, it is not showing the total value of the account.

The total value for the account only reflects a single investment (not the sum total of all accounts).

Thanks
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited December 2022
    Hello @Havensd74,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing a different problem with your T. Rowe Price account. 

In order to further review this, please provide the following information:
    1. The name of the account in question, as it appears in Simplifi. 
    2. The balance for the account as displayed in the Accounts List (the list of all of your accounts and balances on the left-hand side of the Web App).
    3. The balance for the account (market value) as displayed in the Investments section (please filter the Portfolio page to just this one account).
    4. The balance for the account as displayed on the bank's website. 
    5. A screenshot of the holdings displayed in Simplifi for the account.
    6. A screenshot of the holdings displayed on the bank's website for the account. 
    Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie
  • Havensd74
    Havensd74 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Hi Natalie,

Please see below:
    1 - T. Rowe Price 401(k)
    2- $17,742.55
    3 - $82,930.88
    4 - $83,743.84

I don't know how to send a screen shot, it does not paste into this window.  I can write the holdings though based on Simplifi and the Bank

5 - Holdings displayed in Simplifi:

TRRDX (T.Rowe Price Retirement) | 650.684 shares | $27.08 per share | $17,620.52 Value
    VFIAX (Vanguard 500 Index Fund) | 179.296 shares | $364.26 per share | $65,310.36 Value

6 - Holdings displayed at Bank:

TRRDX (T.Rowe Price Retirement) | 655.19 shares | $27.08 per share | $17,742.55 Value
    VFIAX (Vanguard 500 Index Fund) | 181.193 shares | $364.26 per share | $66,001.29 Value

As you can see, the balance being displayed in the Accounts list (Item #2) matches the value shown for just the TRRDX fund from the website (Item #6) instead of the total account value of $83,743.84 (Item #4).

I suspect the value shown for Item #3 is off because the number of shares has not been updated in a while.  

If you need screenshots, please let me know how to send them.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Havensd74,

Thank you for providing the requested information!

It sounds like you're not only seeing incorrect holdings and an incorrect market value, but also a balance discrepancy for the account itself. I can go ahead and get this escalated, however, we will need to get those screenshots from you. If you're unable to upload them to the Community, I can email you a link to our Secure File Exchange so you can upload them there. 

Please gather screenshots of the following and then let me know when you have them ready and I'll email you that link:
    1. A screenshot of the balance for the account in the Simplifi Accounts List.
    2. A screenshot of all of the holdings displayed in Simplifi for the account that also includes the market value (please filter the Investments page to just this one account).
    3. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page on the bank's website that lists the account and the balance, and includes the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).
    4. A screenshot of the holdings displayed on the bank's website. 
    -Coach Natalie
  • Havensd74
    Havensd74 Member ✭✭
    I've included the requested screen shots in a PDF file.  Let me know if that is okay
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Havensd74,

Thank you for providing screenshots!

These screenshots are great, however, the one from the bank's website needs to include the page URL. Please provide a new screenshot from the bank's website that provides a wide enough scope to show the URL. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Havensd74
    Havensd74 Member ✭✭
    There are a couple locations to scrape that info from.  I've updated the screenshots.  

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks.
  • Coach Natalie
    Thank you, @Havensd74!

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated and will be sure to post back as soon as an update is received. 

-Coach Natalie

CTP-5272
  • Havensd74
    Havensd74 Member ✭✭
    Hi Natalie,

I was wondering if you had any updates on this issue?  I tried to reset the connection to see if anything was updated, but it appears all the issues are still there.

Thanks.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Havensd74,

Thanks for the inquiry!

There hasn't been any updates yet, however, the issue is actively being researched. For this particular issue, we wouldn't recommend resetting the connection as it's an unnecessary step that can cause further problems down the road. Instead, we ask that you allow us some time to look into the matter; I'll be sure to let you know as soon as there's any news.

We appreciate your patience!

-Coach Natalie
  • Havensd74
    Havensd74 Member ✭✭
    Hi Natalie,

Okay, thanks.  I will leave it be.

Any idea on when they might be able to fix things?  

Since it is a 401k account, it is really messing up net worth, balance and investment return calculations.

Thanks
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Havensd74,

Sadly, I don't have an ETA to provide on a fix. I've requested an update, though I'm not sure that there's anything to provide quite yet. I'll let you know once I hear back. 

Sorry for the inconvenience!

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Havensd74,

Thank you for your continued patience!

The Team has requested fresh screenshots from you, and they have also requested that your upload your logs via the 'Send Feedback' option. 

Please provide fresh screenshots of the following:
    1. A screenshot of the balance for the account in the Simplifi Accounts List (the list of all of your accounts on the left-hand side of the Web App).
    2. A screenshot of all of the holdings displayed in Simplifi for the account that also includes the market value (please filter the Investments page to just this one account).
    3. A screenshot of the holdings and balance displayed on the bank's website. 
    And please also upload your logs by following these steps: 
    1. Log into the Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send

Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie
  • Havensd74
    Havensd74 Member ✭✭
    Hi Natalie,

I uploaded the logs using the steps your provided.

I'm attaching the screenshots you requested.

Here is what I have noticed when T. Rowe Price gets updated
    - The balance on the accounts list gets updated to reflect only the updated value of a single fund (Retirement 2040 Fund) and not the total balance of all funds.

- The number of shares for each fund do not get updated, however, the price/share does.  This is probably the reason the market value is also incorrect. 

Thanks
  • Havensd74
    Havensd74 Member ✭✭
    Also, there are no new transactions since 11/21.  There should be at least (2) new ones.
  • Coach Natalie
    Thank you, @Havensd74!

I have submitted everything to the Team and will let you know as soon as I hear back. I also mentioned the missing transactions, so I'll let you know if they need any further info on those. 

-Coach Natalie
  • Havensd74
    Havensd74 Member ✭✭
    Hi Natalie,

I hate to keep bothering you, but it's been over a month now resolving this issue.  Do you have any idea of an ETA for this?  It's really messing up my reports.

Thanks
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Havensd74,

Sadly, there has been no further update. Since fresh data was just requested and provided last week, I anticipate that it will be at least a few more weeks before a resolution is reached. I'll let you know as soon as I receive any news. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Havensd74
    Havensd74 Member ✭✭
    Hi Natalie,

I hate to keep bothering you about this, but it is pushing 2 months now without a resolution.  Normally the team is much more responsive than this which makes me think there is something on the merchant end blocking access.  Is there a way to status this?  If I have to convert this to a manual account I will, but I need to get this fixed.

Thanks.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Havensd74,

There is no further information to provide at this time including an ETA on a resolution; I will let you know as soon as I receive any news.

We appreciate your patience!

Coach Natalie
  • Havensd74
    Havensd74 Member ✭✭
    Hi Natalie,

If I switch that account to a manual account so I can properly use the software, will that effect anything your team is doing to resolve the issue?  Do they need me to have a linked account or can they fix it regardless.  
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Havensd74,

I'm honestly not sure if making the account manual would impact the resolution for this particular issue. I went ahead and reached out to try to find an answer for you, however, I'm not sure how quickly I'll hear back. In the meantime, please hold off on making any changes until we know for sure. 

Thank you! 

-Coach Natalie 
  • Havensd74
    Havensd74 Member ✭✭
    Hi Natalie,

Will do, please let me know when I can convert the account.  I would very much like to get my reports back to functioning properly.

Thanks
  • Havensd74
    Havensd74 Member ✭✭
    Hi Natalie,

It's been another week and still no update so I'm guessing they have bigger fish to fry.

I'm going to go ahead and update that account to a manual account.

You can mark this as closed and maybe take T. Rowe Price Workplace off your list of supported sites.

Thanks.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Havensd74,

To clarify, we use a third-party service provider for our aggregation (online banking) services. When we escalate an online banking issue such as this one, the issue does not lie with just Simplifi; instead, we have to create a ticket with our service provider, who then sometimes has to work with the bank itself to correct the issue. At this point, we are at the mercy of our service provider on receiving updates, as well as having a fix implemented. 

For this particular issue, I did go ahead and let our internal team know that you decided to make the account manual. However, I asked that they continue working with our service provider on the escalation if possible so I can let you know when a fix has been implemented and you can reconnect the account. Since I never heard back from them when inquiring last week, I'm not sure if the account needs to be connected or not. 

Additionally, we will not be removing T. Rowe Price from our list of supported institutions, as the bank is supported. The issue you're seeing is specific to you; other users are not seeing the same behavior as far as we're aware. 

I hope this helps to clarify things, and I'll be in touch as soon as I have more information for you. 

-Coach Natalie
  • Havensd74
    Havensd74 Member ✭✭
    Hi Natalie,

Sounds good, thanks.  That is interesting that the behavior is specific to my account.  I wonder if I were to open a new account with a different email if it would work.  I may give that a try.

Thanks.
  • Coach Natalie

Hello @Havensd74,

I've received an update regarding this issue, and it looks like our Service Provider needs to have the account connected in order to continue working on the issue. Would you prefer to connect the account and continue having the issue researched, or should we go ahead and close out the ticket at this time?

Please let us know, thank you!

-Coach Natalie

• Havensd74
    Havensd74 Member ✭✭

Hello,

You can close it out. I only have a couple transactions per month, so its easy enough to keep it a manual account. The months of having the account incorrect really messed up my net worth and other reports so I'd prefer not to do that again. I think this issue is common to the other user who reported very similiar behavior so I may just try to reconnect it in the future.

Thanks

• Coach Natalie

Thank you for confirming, @Havensd74!

I went ahead and closed out the ticket. Sorry we weren't able to seek a resolution for you on the escalation!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.