Fidelity gone crazy

SRC54
SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
Well, I had a jolt this morning when my 2 Fidelity accounts and my Fidelity Visa updated.  All 3 had the same balance!  The balance was correct for the Brokerage but not for the IRA. The biggest jolt and what I noticed first was that the credit card had the same balance but with a negative sign.  Imagine having a credit card with a 0.00 balance and suddenly you download a balance of negative 6 figures.

I tried resetting the accounts, but all that got me was being blocked by Fidelity and having to change my password.  Once I had it connected again, the balances were the same, 1 right and 2 erroneous.

So I contacted support and they have escalated the issue. I am hoping it is just a one day glitch.

Of course, I could add a balance adjustment to the Credit Card but that doesn't work with Investment accounts, which simply use the downloaded balance.

Sharing in case any of you have the same thing happen to you.

Steve
Quicken Simplifi Since 2021
MS Money/Quicken Classic Since 1991

Comments

• Ulysses
    Ulysses Member ✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Similar thing happened to me this morning.  A Fidelity 401k went from 6 figures on the dashboard to 3 figures.  The 3 figure number was the exact same number as 2 other Fidelity accounts which are in the middle of a transfer.  (between the 3 accounts, Simplifi has 1 right and 2 erroneous)

I know Fidelity posted some info about disruptions to 3rd party access to accounts:
    https://www.fidelity.com/security/third-party-app-protection

I'm starting to think maybe automatic aggregation isn't such a hot idea.  Maybe I should just consolidate the number of accounts I have and manually import into spreadsheets again.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @SRC54 & @Ulysses,

Thank you for reporting this to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're both seeing balance discrepancies with Fidelity in Simplifi.

We'd like to go ahead and get these instances escalated. @SRC54, it looks like Chat Support is waiting on some screenshots from you, so please be sure to provide those. @Ulysses, please provide the following information:
    1. The names of the affected accounts, as they appear in Simplifi.
    2. The balance for each of the accounts as displayed on the bank's website.
    3. The balance for each of the accounts as displayed in Simplifi.
    4. A screenshot of each of the account balances on the bank's website.
    5. A screenshot of each of the account balances in Simplifi.
    6. A screenshot of the Account Summary page on the bank's website that shows all of the accounts and includes the URL (please redact any personal info, such as account numbers).
    Please be sure to take all screenshots from a web browser and not a mobile browser. Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie
  • Ulysses
    Ulysses Member ✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Hi Natalie, I just sent you a private message with the info you requested.  Thanks.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Ulysses,

Thank you for providing the requested information!

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated and will be sure to post back as soon as an update is received. 

-Coach Natalie

EWC-9882003
  • jsy42
    jsy42 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Fidelity is reporting accurately for me again this morning.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Ulysses,

Thank you for your patience as this was being worked on!

I've received an update from my Team stating that the issue should now be resolved -- would you mind checking in Simplifi and confirming for me, please? :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Ulysses
    Ulysses Member ✭✭
    Thanks - that was fast!  Fidelity is indeed working for me as of late last night when I checked.  Additionally, another large investment financial I was having trouble with is now completely resolved too.  Net worth is finally accurate!  Hooray!  (Though I wish I could hide net worth and the rest of the investment accounts - don't need to be distracted by them.  I know this is being worked on as a feature - thanks.)

The only problem remaining is the undetected USAA credit card account.  Can't wait to get rid of USAA!
  • SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Coach Natalie, et al.  First chance I had to get on today.  Yes, it was working this morning.  I had already sent everything in when I reported it yesterday.  It was probably just a one day glitch but glad it was fixed.  Thanks everyone for working on it.

Steve

• amintzer
    amintzer Member ✭✭
    I'm having a different problem with Fidelity Rewards Visa - all of my transactions are now coming over as credits and not debits. I posted this in a different thread but didn't get a response yet. It happened again today. Hopefully this too will get fixed soon.
  • SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    @amintzer

I haven't noticed that but I rarely use my Fidelity Rewards Visa.  Are you connected by Fidelity or by Elan Financial Services?

Steve

• jsy42
    jsy42 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Since Dec 8th, I'm getting MFA prompt for Fidelity with every refresh. Anyone else?
  • amintzer
    amintzer Member ✭✭
    Yes, me too. Sure would be nice if it didn't happen every time - once a week or so is fine
  • SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I was able to get rid of it by going to Fidelity.com and cancelling MFA.  I keep holding my breath that it will come back.

@jsy42
    @amintzer

Steve

This discussion has been closed.