Spending Plan / Planned spending

Options
Renee
Renee Member
edited January 2023 in Bills and Income
i have both car registration due in March. I went to add the 2nd one and it said "cant add because we already have registration in use" i thought that was pretty odd i would think you should be able to add the same categories in the same month. 
Tagged:

Best Answer

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @renee .. You can put the cost of both registrations under the one category.  That is, if each registration was $100 then under registration, you put $200 for two.

Rob Wilkens

Answers

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    @Renee,

This does seem odd.  Did @RobWilk ‘s idea work?  I’m not at all sure why you couldn’t add the second registration expense?  Were you adding these two transactions manually.  Ok, just reread your title. So you were creating a planned spending category for Auto registration.  We’re you trying to create two planned spending categories for your separate registrations?  In that case, Rob has it right.  You would only need one planned spending category and you would set the amount for the category to the amount you plan to spend for both cars.
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @DannyB -- I believe (from the subject) they were talking about adding the "Registration" category to planned spending twice.  My answer was to just add the category once but put the total amount wanted as planned for all transactions in that category.

Rob Wilkens

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @RobWilk, I agree.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
This discussion has been closed.