Retirement spending vs saving

Options
Lauren M
Lauren M Member
edited February 2023 in Bills and Income
Is there a way for Simplifi to consider our total checking account balance instead of just the balance from month to month? We recently retired, and will not be receiving as much monthly income, instead relying on funds built up in our checking account and/or supplementing with savings periodically from other accounts. [removed - soliciting] We are no longer focussed on building up our savings.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Lauren M,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

Although some other users may come along with great suggestions for you on how to manage this in Simplifi, the ability to consider your account balances in the Spending Plan is not currently available. I believe I found an Idea post that would cover what you're looking for, however, so I'd definitely suggest adding your vote and feedback if so. 

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/1114/rollover-checking-account-balance-to-spending-plan

Otherwise, you may also consider setting a custom Income amount in the Spending Plan that covers your checking account balance on a monthly basis. More details and the steps to do so can be found here

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.