Bulk Edit Ability for "Exclude From Reports" and "Exclude from Spending Plan" (edited)

TLynch
TLynch Member
edited February 6 in Feature Requests

It would be helpful to hide multiple transactions at once. thanks.

89 votes

Completed · Last Updated

You can now bulk-exclude transactions from Reports and the Spending Plan!

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

Hello @TLynch,

Thanks for posting to the Community! To best understand your request, are you referring to bulk hiding transactions from Reports and the Spending Plan, or something else?

Please let me know! :smile:

-Coach Natalie

• poppy143
    poppy143 Unconfirmed, Member
    there should be a way to hide multiple transactions with one action from reports and spending plan
  • crgutenberger
    crgutenberger Member
    edited January 5

It would be really helpful to have the ability to bulk apply "Ignore from Reports" and "Ignore from Spending Plan" in the "Edit Multiple Transactions" window on the web app. I use this often to ignore dupe transactions between my PayPal and checking accounts, and ignoring each transaction individually is time consuming.

• bcrossman
    bcrossman Member ✭✭✭✭
    Are there any plans to add this? It seems like a simple addition, given the other bulk editing options, and it would be really great to have.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Thanks for the inquiry, @bcrossman!

I'm not currently aware of this ability being on the roadmap, and, sadly, this Idea only has 6 votes. I agree that these options should be pretty easy to add, and once we get more votes for this, I'd be happy to submit it to the Product Team for review. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • bcrossman
    bcrossman Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, get those votes in, people!

In the meantime, if anyone has figured out a good work-around for this, I would be interested. I've been scratching my head trying to come with something, but so far no luck.
  • Just added my vote! I've got 44 transactions I'm currently manually editing to ignore from spending plan :'( would love a bulk feature for this
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, this would be a great addition to the bulk edit menu.
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Since it is not possible to exclude specific categories or tags from Reporting, it could be helpful to have the ability to do batch transaction adjustment of Visibility status. Manually adjusting visibility of transactions it tedious when having to adjust hundreds of items.
  • Mark23
    Mark23 Member
    edited April 2023

Yes, pease impliment

• Mark23
    Mark23 Member
    edited April 2023

Please impliment this feature, i have a bizzillon to change. Devel;opment really missed the mark on this one… oops, already commented…see thats how much i want it!

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭

Added my vote. Actually, I would like to be able to bulk edit any field that can show up inn the account or report tables.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• Brian23
    Brian23 Member ✭✭

This would be helpful!

• RJMSR
    RJMSR Member

This would really be helpful and even the ability to do it to an account as a whole.

• im_asl
    im_asl Member

Need this to exclude expenses I put on my expense report

• Yes, please! How many votes does a simple software change require before it will get serious consideration?

• karen123
    karen123 Unconfirmed, Member

It's really cumbersome to have to exclude transactions from report one by one, please add the bulk feature!!

• I agree, this is an obvious feature that it is silly not to have. Please implement!

• This is such a simple and obvious feature to have in addition to the other bulk edit options. Please add this!

• PLEASE, Simplifi, add this ability to batch update Exclusions.

• Please add this feature.

• Please add this, I use this with duplicate transactions between venmo and checking. It's very inconvenient to do this one at a time.

• Please add this feature!

• Please consider this enhancement!

• Yes, please add this feature!

• I vote for this too. It is very cumbersome to have to go through each single transaction to modify this.

• As a new user migrating from Mint, this would be huge. On Mint, I had a "reimbursable" category that I omitted from my budgeting. Having a "reimbursable" tag on Simplifi but still having to exclude transactions manually is an oversight.

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭

I have a reimbursable tag also and would like to exclude it from my spending plan, since the expense and the reimbursement don't always happen in the same month (to cancel each other out)

• @Coach Natalie there are quite a few upvotes on this now vs your last comment. Any chance you folks would consider this one soon? Would be a great help for folks coming from Mint and hopefully isn't too heavy a lift :)

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

@squillful I think your post helped get this attention. The status (yellow area up top) now says "This Idea has been submitted for review!" which I believe is new.

Rob Wilkens

This discussion has been closed.