Transaction categories, names, notes and review flags being reset

Options
thsourg
thsourg Member
edited February 2023 in Report a Bug
Hello, 

I have noticed that over the last few days, recent transactions that I have properly categorized and marked as reviewed are being reset to incorrect categories and marked as not reviewed. At the same time, I have gotten multiple notifications about a large transaction. It feels like every time there’s a refresh from my banks, transaction changes get overwritten.
Tagged:

Comments

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I understand you correctly @thsourg

You have downloaded transactions from your bank and then you categorize and split them.  Later, they download again and your categories and splits have disappeared.  I've seen this behavior a lot with my bank, First US Bank.  Like many small banks, they farm out their website to some outfit.  I have racked my brain to know the name of it because they hide it from you now.  I think it was something like Netteller (sp).  I wonder if this is the same behavior I've seen.

In my case, if I enter the transaction first before it downloads, it will keep my transaction even when it downloads the transaction again.  I end up with two transactions, which I merge.  The next day it finalizes it and keeps everything right but changes the date to the current date and not the date of the transaction.

Is this what you notice?  I think it happens with the bigger banks too that I used BUT I don't have as many splits with them so it doesn't happen as often so I am less sure.  Please respond because if your case is different, I don't want to lead you astray. Or the other members. 

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi Since 2021
    MS Money/Quicken Classic Since 1991

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @thsourg,

Thank you for posting to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this behavior in Simplifi. 

Please provide us with more details regarding this behavior so we can best assist:
    1. Do all of the transactions in question reside in one account, or are you seeing this behavior occur across multiple accounts?
    2. Is this occurring with transactions from the same bank, or are you seeing the issue with multiple banks? 
    3. Are the transactions 'Pending' or 'Cleared' in Simplifi when you make the changes and mark them as reviewed?
    4. If they're pending at the time you make the changes, do the changes revert at the time the transactions become 'Cleared' in Simplifi? 
    5. Are you seeing this issue on the Simplifi Web App, the Mobile App, or both? 
    When it comes to receiving a Notification for a large transaction, if you've checked your Notifications Settings in Simplifi and determined that the transaction in question falls outside of the amount set for the Notification, you'll want to create a separate post and outline the details there since it would be an entirely separate issue from transaction changes being reverted. More details on managing Notifications can be found here

Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie
  • thsourg
    thsourg Member
    Options
    Thank you both for commenting. I will need to monitor this a bit further to answer some of the questions. I will get back to you within the next few days.
This discussion has been closed.