Zero balance on connected Interactive Brokers account

Options
LADL00k
LADL00k Member
Simplifi allows me to connect to the Interactive Brokers account but the balance shows $0. Is there any other setting I need to change to make it work or IB is not supported?

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @LADL00k,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

We had a longstanding issue where Interactive Brokers accounts were adding with a $0 balance, however, the Alert was resolved last year with a note stating that the decision was made to remove Interactive Brokers from all Quicken products, including Simplifi. 

With that said, however, I do see that Interactive Brokers is still available to connect to in Simplifi (as well as in Quicken), and based on your post, it sounds like the $0 balance issue is still occurring. At this point, I'm awaiting confirmation and will let you know as soon as I hear back.

I suspect that Interactive Brokers will be added to our list of Known Issues in regard to the $0 balance, but I'll let you know for sure. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello again @LADL00k,

Thank you for your patience as this was being researched!

I was able to confirm that the issue with Interactive Brokers accounts adding with a $0 balance is something that is going to continue to occur until the financial institution has been removed from Simplifi. This has been added to our list of Known Issues under the section titled "Other Known Online Banking Issues". 

Sorry for not having a better answer!

-Coach Natalie
  • LADL00k
    LADL00k Member
    Options
    Thank you @Coach Natalie for checking into it. I searched online a little more and found some comments about IB not being supported. I guess the workaround to account for IB balance will be to keep it as a manual account and keep updating as needed?  
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @LADL00k,

That is correct -- you can add the account as a manual account, and then add manual transactions to it to keep it up to date. For more details on adding manual accounts, please see here. And for more details on adding manual transactions, please see here

Let us know if you have any questions!

-Coach Natalie
  • TonyS
    TonyS Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    What Simplifi needs to do is tell people to use the Mint token and query ID when linking Interactive Brokers account. Right now, the screen just asks for token and query ID. The problem is that Interactive Brokers supports SIX different token and query ID systems and you don't tell us which one to use. I tried Quicken Direct Connect first but had the $0 issue. So, I decided to use Mint since I guessed that may work because Quicken used to be owned by Intuit . . . .
This discussion has been closed.