Amex Credit Cards not all transactions updated if more than one card with them

Comments

• AlexB
    AlexB Member ✭✭✭
    Ok thanks Natalie I will do it around end of the month I guess...
  • AlexB
    AlexB Member ✭✭✭
    Hi Natalie, I synced today but was unable to see the problem as all three Amex cards synced properly and no transactions missing (surprisingly). Not sure if that's useful info. Will check again in a few weeks.
  • AlexB
    AlexB Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Hi Natalie, have this issue again but now ever more weird. So the card affected is Amex Gold but what's weird... Before it was missing all transactions after some date. Now it's missing some 'window' but newer pending transactions appeared. Like all transactions after December 20 are not present but I see few new pending transactions. Please check attachments of the affected account. Please note, Amex screenshots are more than one picture as too many missing transactions so more than one screen to include.

Sorry :)

[removed screenshots]
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @AlexB,

Thanks for posting back, although I'm sorry to hear that this issue continues to persist for you. 

I'd be happy to escalate this to the other channel to see if we get a different response, however, I need you to provide the following information first, please: 
    1. The name of the account that the transactions are missing from, as it appears in Simplifi.
    2. The Date, Payee, and Amount of 3-4 transactions that are currently missing in Simplifi. 
    3. The current balance of the account, as displayed on the bank's website.
    4. The current balance of the account, as displayed in Simplifi.
    5. A screenshot of the account summary page on the bank's website showing all accounts (please redact any personal info, such as account numbers), with a wide enough scope to show the page URL.
    6. The drill-down for the account that the transactions are missing from on the bank's website that shows the transactions (both pending and cleared), with a wide enough scope to show the page URL. 
    7. The drill down for the corresponding account in Simplifi that shows the balance, as well as the list of transactions.
    You'll want to also not reset the connection until our Team has had a chance to take a look at this. As mentioned previously, this other escalation route may take some time to investigate, so it may be a little bit before you'll be able to reset the connection. In the meantime, you may be able to perform manual entry for the missing transactions, but I'll confirm to make sure. 

Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie
  • AlexB
    AlexB Member ✭✭✭
    Hi Natalie, thanks.

1. American Express Gold Card is account name. It's seen on my screenshots actually :) Have you checked them? Most of your questions are answered on those screenshots.

Now .... when I logged in to Simplifi and Amex to answer your other questions I see it synced now. I did NOT reset account but it synced those missing transactions. So I am not sure if you can investigate it now. May be you can based on yesterday's logs but the fact it that 5 minutes ago I logged in, completed MFA process (not a reset) as always with Amex and every missing transaction is now synced and not missing.

2. Please look at Amex screenshots. If you compare them to Simplifi screenshots (both in my previous message) you see that Simplifi last posted transaction is December 20. But yesterday Amex had more transactions and they are dated December 27 to January 2. All of them were missing, pick any of them. Pending transactions for January were not missing, they were present in Simplify. So, all posted transactions between December 27 and yesterday were missing. As I mentioned above the problem was solved today on its own and now they are all present.

3. Current balance now is different than yesterday. If you look at the screenshots provided you will see yesterday balance 1771.30 at Amex. 

4. Please take a look at the screenshots provided yesterday. Simplifi balance was -1824.60. Actually this balance was correct meaning the difference (1824.6 - 1771.33 = 53.27) was the sum of pending transactions seen by Simplifi. That means Simplifi was able to count missing posted transactions to its posted balance but was not displaying them in the list. As I mentioned above today they are Ok and today I see them. But look at yesterday's screenshots, balance was correct but transactions not visible. That's something new as last month balance was also not correct.

5. Trying to this message. As I mentioned a month ago URL is  https://global.americanexpress.com/dashboard and you will not see it as the browser hides full URL. The image is not attached for some weird reason. Will try with the next message.

6. This screenshot was provided yesterday. And as I mentioned a month ago URL is not really visible in full BUT it is always https://global.americanexpress.com/dashboard with Amex. Always. You switch accounts you see same URL. It's a dynamic webpage.

7. Sorry but have you actually opened yesterday's message? Are you copy-pasting questions from some template not actually paying attention to what I already provided. 80% of the text I typed today is telling you the balance that you already see on the screenshots provided yesterday or telling you account name that you was able to see from my screenshots provided yesterday.

• AlexB
    AlexB Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    for #5

[removed screenshot]
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @AlexB,

Thanks for providing some of the requested information!

Since the issue is no longer occurring, we won't be able to escalate it. American Express does block us on Mondays (this is mentioned in our list of Known Issues), which may have been the cause of some transactions not downloading until today. Hopefully American Express continues to improve for you and you won't need to perform an account reset each month. 

When it comes to the requested information, we need specific data to know what to look for from our end. This is why we request examples in a text format and sometimes request supporting screenshots. Our Product Team is very specific about the data that they need when looking into these instances, so we do our best to provide them with everything they may possibly need, as well as the most up-to-date and accurate information. 

When it comes to the screenshots from the bank's website, although I'm not sure why they need to see the URL, this is a specific piece of data that we need to obtain. I'm not sure that it matters what the actual URL may be; they might just need to see what page you're on when viewing your accounts. 

With that said, for future reference, if this issue pops up again, please provide the requested information as outlined above so we can get a clear picture of what's going on, and also allow for a swift escalation. 

-Coach Natalie
  • AlexB
    AlexB Member ✭✭✭
    Agreed, I am not sure if Monday is the culprit as Simplifi was able to connect still. I will monitor it in the future but it might take weeks or even months as I usually check my Simplifi account every two weeks.
  • I have 3 cards under 1 AMEX account syncing OK 
  • AlexB
    AlexB Member ✭✭✭
    Natalie, when I can reset my account (Amex)? Previously you insisted to wait before reset after submitting you new "evidence of this problem". Last one was submitted privately January 15. If you insist to keep conversation in public.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @AlexB,

Thank you for posting back, although I'm sorry to hear that the trouble persists. 

It looks like I was able to get all of the info I needed from the DM you sent and have gone ahead and gotten this escalated using our other channel. I'm not sure that they'll discover anything different than our original findings, but at least we'll know for sure. 

As for resetting the connection, as previously mentioned, this other escalation channel will take quite a bit longer than the original escalation. It may be a couple of months before we hear back, however, if you'd like to check back in with me in a couple of weeks, I can check to see if the ticket has been assigned, and then ask them about performing a reset. 

Otherwise, I'll let you know when I receive an update. :smile:

-Coach Natalie

CTP-5626
  • AlexB
    AlexB Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Hi Natalie, hm months or weeks? That's obviously not an option honestly. Not resetting Amex connection means I am not able to analyze my monthly budget as it will be missing some transactions. And if I'm not able to do budget analytics than I miss about 80% of Simplifi value as that's the only thing I need from such software, proper monthly reports delivered in a convenient form. To add some missing transactions in mind and do it again every month just makes no sense.

As I do such budget review after each month I can definitely wait till first days of February (like 2 weeks from now) but no longer. Hope they will assign a case or I will reset anyways.

• Coach Natalie
    Sounds good, @AlexB

Let me know before you reset the connection and I'll see if I can get a definitive answer for you, as well as some guidance on the issue you're seeing. If at that time, it looks like it will be a while before we see a resolution, we can close out the ticket and you can continue to use the reset option moving forward. 

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie
  • AlexB
    AlexB Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks, so if I just need to use the system (as without proper sync it's not usable) it's necessary to close this ticket? :smile:

I still have some hope they can do something even if I reset the connection.
  • Coach Natalie
    @AlexB, that is correct -- as previously mentioned, once the transactions download, they may not be able to investigate the cause of why they were missing. 

However, if you'd like to reach out before resetting the connection (maybe a few days before to allow some time for a response), I will attempt to obtain a definitive answer. 

-Coach Natalie
  • AlexB
    AlexB Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks, will do.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @AlexB,

I've received an update from my Team and they've requested a couple of things from you. First, they need the QFX file from American Express for both of the accounts that are missing transactions. To do so, you'll want to go to the American Express website and sign in, navigate to each of the accounts that are missing transactions, and choose to export the transactions to a Quicken formatted download file ending in .QFX.

Next, they'd like you to refresh your American Express accounts in Simplifi; not reset the connection, just refresh the accounts so we can see the aggregation update from our end. 

Thank you!

-Coach Natalie
  • AlexB
    AlexB Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Thanks Natalie, sent you in DM. So, what happened I logged in and it asked me to do 2fa as it always asks. And I guessed it refreshed. Not reset but refreshed.

I checked all three accounts and do not see any missing transaction now and balances are Ok. I do not know what that means as those transactions where missing during my last check few weeks ago. But the fact is I see all the transactions now.

So, right now all transactions are present and they probably fixed during today's refresh.

Not sure if QFX files helpful in this case but you have them in DM for all three accounts.

Also, now I'm seeing this weird thing on my Refresh button. Is it related? Refresh button with an asterisk and this alt text.

[edited image to reduce size]
  • Coach Natalie
    Thank you, @AlexB!

I submitted the QFX files and let them know that the missing transactions have now downloaded with a refresh. I asked that the issue still be researched if at all possible, though, since it's a reoccurring problem. I'll let you know when I hear back.

As for the other issue you're seeing, if it's still occurring, you'll want to create a separate post and outline the issue there, as this post is for missing transactions with your American Express accounts specifically. 

-Coach Natalie
  • AlexB
    AlexB Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks, I submitted another issue via support chat. Here I mentioned it so you know as one issue might affect another and I do not know may be the new issue has something to do with Amex OR with the team investigating my bug and doing some changes to my account.
  • Coach Natalie
    edited February 2023

Hello @AlexB,

Our Product Team is attempting to investigate this issue, however, they're unable to do so with you performing account resets from your end. At this point, there are 2 choices:

1. Let the Team investigate the issue and hold off on doing any account resets whatsoever unless instructed to do so (they will attempt to investigate and find a resolution as quickly as possible).
    2. We can close the ticket and you can proceed with resetting the connection as needed.

Please let us know what you'd prefer to do!

-Coach Natalie

• AlexB
    AlexB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

Hi Natalie, I swear I was sending you answer but I do not see it here……

For me to make this choice I need to understand how much time the Team will be investigating. I can hold on for a few weeks but not months as this makes Simplifi completely useless (Amex is my may credit card company).

Can you ask them what is the potential timeframe?

Please comment, thanks!

P.S. I checked the account situation as for today. After last sync one account is not synced properly. Not resetting it until you reply and we made a decision if we wait. Sent details as a private message.

• Coach Natalie

Hello @AlexB,

Unfortunately, I wasn't provided with an exact timeframe; I don't think providing one is possible, as they won't know what we're facing until the investigation is complete. However, I was told that they would investigate as quickly as possible, so as soon as you give the go-ahead, I will let them know and they'll get back to it.

Please let us know as soon as possible! 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• AlexB
    AlexB Member ✭✭✭

Thanks, I will try to keep not resetting it for a month or so and recheck later. I will try to keep not resetting it if it doesn't make monthly spending review impossible.

• Coach Natalie

I let them know, @AlexB.

Please be sure to stay in communication with us if at any point you'd rather reset the connection than wait for a diagnosis and hopefully a solution.

-Coach Natalie

• AlexB
    AlexB Member ✭✭✭

Agreed, I will message you before any changes.

• Coach Natalie

Hello again @AlexB,

It looks like we'll need to get some new examples from you of transactions that are currently missing in Simplifi. The example that was provided via DM is not a usable example for this issue, as it's not a missing transaction. Instead, if a transaction is pending and then a duplicate transaction downloads that's cleared, this means that the transactions were not properly matched and must be manually merged or the duplicate deleted. This is outlined in our Duplicate Transactions Support Article here.

For the example transactions that are currently missing in Simplifi, we will just need the following information:

1. The name of the account that the transactions should have downloaded to, as it appears in Simplifi.
    2. The Date, Payee, and Amount of the missing transactions.

Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie

• AlexB
    AlexB Member ✭✭✭

Hm, based on yesterday screenshots nothing seems to be missing right now. I will review February soon when everything posted and update you if something is missing. But, the account was reset recently so it might be ok (if we ignore that duplicate transaction).

In such a case I will keep checking and when I see something missing will update you. It happened previously that everything was Ok for a while but just for a while.

Also, as we've agreed I will not reset this connection.

• Coach Natalie

Sounds good, @AlexB.

Yes, please let us know as soon as you notice a missing transaction, don't reset the connection, and then provide the requested information here or in a DM. Once I send the new examples, I've been assured that it will be researched right away. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• AlexB
    AlexB Member ✭✭✭

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.