Fidelity.com accounts will not connect

Options
GP8083
GP8083 Member

I used to be able to sync my Fidelity IRA accounts without a problem, until I started receiving an error several weeks ago. I've tried resetting the connection several times since. I get past the login and MFA (which seems to be successful), but then after a few moments, I receive this error:

We are unable to connect to Fidelity at this time.
Care Code: request-body-field

I've tried this at various times of the day and various days of the week. I'm stumped!

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @GP8083,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties connecting to Fidelity in Simplifi.

It looks like you're receiving a server error from our end, which may need to be escalated. Before doing so, however, instead of resetting the connection, I'd suggest fully disconnecting the account from the bank by making it "manual"; the steps to do so may be found here. Once done, you'll want to go back through the Add Account flow to connect to Fidelity, and then make sure to carefully link the account(s) found to the existing Simplifi account(s) by following the steps listed here.

If the issue persists, please provide the following information:

1. The name of the account in question, as it appears in Simplifi.
    2. Confirm the option you're selecting from the bank list for Fidelity when attempting to reconnect the account.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• RB1
    RB1 Member
    Options

I am receiving the same error message when trying to connect a new account with Fidelity.
    - Account name: "Fidelity"

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @RB1,

Thank you for posting to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're also unable to connect to Fidelity in Simplifi.

It does look like you're receiving the same server error when viewing your connection attempts from our end, and I am also seeing a 185 error, which indicates an issue with completing MFA. Do you currently have MFA enabled with Fidelity? If so, are you prompted to perform MFA in Simplifi? If you are prompted for MFA in Simplifi, are you able to select where you'd like to receive the code, and then receive the code and enter it in Simplifi?

Also, has anything changed recently on the bank's website, their sign-in process, or their MFA process? Have you connected to Fidelity in Simplifi in the past, or is this your first time attempting to do so? And lastly, have you tried any of the other options listed for Fidelity in Simplifi, by chance?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.