Fidelity accounts not properly reflecting holdings

Lytol
Lytol Member ✭✭

I have both an HSA and a 401k through Fidelity, and Simplifi fails to assign the appropriate ticker/symbol to my holdings for both.

• The HSA currently shows as 0 shares of a single holding with the current "value"; whereas, it should reflect two different holdings of popular ETFs (that Simplifi recognizes from other accounts).
  • The 401k actually shows the proper name, shares, and price for my holdings, but the symbol is not reflected so it doesn't group the holdings correctly with shares that I own in other accounts.

Is this considered a bug or known issue with Fidelity? The ETFs/funds are recognized with the appropriate tickers if I manually add a holding (within a manual account).

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

Hello @Lytol,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're seeing a discrepancy with your holdings in Simplifi.

Please provide the following information, and we'd be happy to take a closer look:

1. The names of the accounts in question, as they appear in Simplifi.
    2. The current balance for each of the accounts as displayed in the Accounts List in Simplifi (the list of all of your accounts on the left-hand side of the Web App Dashboard).
    3. The current Market Value for each of the accounts as displayed in the Investments section in Simplifi (please filter the page to view each individual account).
    4. The current balance for each of the accounts as displayed on the bank's website.
    5. A screenshot of the Investment Holdings for each of the accounts as displayed in Simplifi (please filter the page to view each individual account).
    6. A comparison screenshot of the Holdings displayed on the bank's website for each of the individual accounts.
    7. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website that lists all accounts and balances and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (must be taken from a web browser).

Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie

• Lytol
    Lytol Member ✭✭

Where should I provide this info? I don't want to put it in a public forum.

• Coach Natalie

Hello @Lytol,

Since this is a community forum, you can share private details only via DM, however, the main discussion would then be brought back to the forum. If you'd like to pursue this support option, you can DM me the requested information. Otherwise, for a private support experience, you'll want to contact our Support Team directly and they'll be able to get the issue reported for you.

http://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    edited May 2023

Hello @Lytol,

Thank you for providing the requested information!

When reviewing your screenshots, I do have a few follow-up questions. First, for the 401(k) account, it looks like everything matches between Simplifi and the bank's website as far as the name and number of shares go. I think the difference in value (for both accounts) is related to when Fidelity updates their quotes versus when Simplifi receives updated quotes. I'm not sure what you mean by "but the symbol is not reflected so it doesn't group the holdings correctly with shares that I own in other accounts" — can you clarify, please?

For the HSA account, when viewing your holdings in that account, I think there may be an issue with aggregating these types of holdings if I remember correctly. This may be the reason Simplifi just shows a total and lumps them under the "Health Savings" name. However, we can certainly escalate the differences between Simplifi and Fidelity's website for that account so we can get a definitive answer. Please provide some clarity on the issue with the 401(k) account first, though.

Much appreciated!

-Coach Natalie

• Lytol
    Lytol Member ✭✭

Hi @Coach Natalie ,

For the 401k, even though the balances, names, and shares are correct, the problem is that the Symbol is missing and thus creates problems when grouping holdings from other accounts. I'll add a screenshot here (but won't include the full page since I don't want to reveal those personal details):

Note that the Symbol is listed as "-" instead of the appropriate ticker — that's the issue that I was mentioning.

• Coach Natalie

Hello @Lytol,

Ahh yes, I do see the missing 'Symbol' now. I'm not sure that Simplifi will be able to aggregate these types of holdings differently than it is now, however, since there is a difference in how the info is displayed on the bank's website versus Simplifi for at least the HSA account, I can escalate this and share your concern with the missing 'Symbol' to find out for sure. I think I have everything I need to do so from the DM you sent, so just let me know if you'd like me to move forward!

-Coach Natalie

• Lytol
    Lytol Member ✭✭

Yes, please escalate. :-) Thank you!

• Coach Natalie
    edited May 2023

Hello @Lytol,

Thanks for confirming!

I did go ahead and get this escalated and will be sure to let you know as soon as I receive an update.

-Coach Natalie

CTP-6733

• Coach Natalie

Hello @Lytol,

Thank you for your patience as this was being worked on!

I've received an update from my Team and they'd like you to go ahead and take a look to see if the issue is resolved with your Fidelity holdings. Please let us know, thank you!

-Coach Natalie

• Lytol
    Lytol Member ✭✭

@Coach Natalie It is indeed fixed, thanks so much for following up!

This discussion has been closed.