Comments

• AlexB
    AlexB Member ✭✭✭

Hi Natalie! Sending you DM with latest Amex issue details

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

Hello @AlexB,

Thank you for providing fresh examples!

Our Product Team looked into the missing transactions and they saw that the transactions have now been downloaded into Simplifi as of last night. However, they also saw that there was a delay in the transactions downloading, and they will continue to investigate the behavior. I'll be sure to let you know when there's an update to provide, but you should be good to go for now.

Let me know if you have any questions!

-Coach Natalie

• AlexB
    AlexB Member ✭✭✭

Thanks Natalie! That might be really intertesting. So, it might be happening all the time (delayed downloads).

Should I report next time if such happens or I will be free to reset? As for now it they are updated there is no reason to reset.

• Coach Natalie

No problem, @AlexB! Hopefully they get to the bottom of things.

They didn't ask me to have you hold off on resetting the connection in the future, but you are welcome to check back in before doing so if/when the issue reoccurs. I think this would be best just to make sure we don't impede the investigation in any way. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• AlexB
    AlexB Member ✭✭✭

Sure! Let me get back to you if that happens again and thanks!

• Coach Natalie

Hello @AlexB,

It looks like after some investigating, our Product Team has determined that there is a potential timing issue in regard to when the transactions download after being posted on Amex's website. They suggest that you allow a couple of days for the transactions to download after appearing on the bank's website to see if they then download without performing a reset. If the transactions still don't download after a couple of days, they've asked that you please let us know (before performing a reset).

Thank you!

-Coach Natalie

• AlexB
    AlexB Member ✭✭✭

Thanks Natalie, while not ideal approach let's test it. Will do.

However, even if that's the case, the timing issue should be resolved at some point as it's painful.

• Coach Natalie

Hello @AlexB,

Has this been working better for you? We're thinking that with the migration to American Express's OAuth API, this issue should now be resolved. Please let us know otherwise!

-Coach Natalie

• AlexB
    AlexB Member ✭✭✭

Hi Natalie, thanks! Checked few days ago and one Amex card was not current but today it seems everything is Ok again.

How can I check if I'm using that new API, do I need to reconnect accounts or it should be upgraded automatically?

• Coach Natalie

Hello @AlexB,

I'm glad to hear things are working better for you!

There's no way to check if you're on the API, but since all American Express accounts have been migrated to the API, yours would have been migrated as well. You should have been prompted in Simplifi to authorize and reconnect your American Express accounts sometime during the migration period; more details on this are outlined here.

Let us know if we can assist with anything further!

-Coach Natalie

• AlexB
    AlexB Member ✭✭✭

Thanks Natalie, I remember such screens with Chase recently but not sure about reconnecting Amex. May be it happened a month ago or will happen soon but over the last two weeks I was connecting to Amex as usual.

This discussion has been closed.