'Ignore from Spending Plan' transactions are showing in Other Spending

System
System Administrator admin
edited June 2023 in Report a Bug
Tagged:

Comments

• PolyNomad
    PolyNomad Member

Similar to this reported bug, all of the "ignore from spend plan" transactions show up in the Other Spending Bubbles.

• msimon87
    msimon87 Member ✭✭

+1 Seeing this as well

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

Hello @PolyNomad & @msimon87,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're both experiencing this behavior with ignored transactions in the Spending Plan.

It looks like this issue has already been reported and our Product Team is looking into it. It's possible that this change was intentional, as ignored transactions display in the Transaction Activity of Reports currently, and used to also display in the Spending Plan until that changed some time back.

At any rate, it is definitely an unexpected change for our users, and it was reported as a bug accordingly. I'll be sure to post back as soon as any updates are received.

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-16633

• Havensd74
    Havensd74 Member ✭✭

I am having this same issue. The dollar amount of "Other spending" is actually correct and reflects the transactions I have chosen to ignore from the spending plan. However, the list of transactions for "other spending" is showing all transactions whether they have been ignored from the spending plan or not.

BTW - The mobile app still works correctly. This seems to be just the web version in my case.

• MrGood
    MrGood Member ✭✭✭✭

I have to agree with the other users having reported the "ignore from spending plan" bug. It is not intuitive to mark a transaction as ignored from the spending plan… and then have it appear in the spending plan (even if the amounts are being excluded). I can see this routinely generating questions from new users with respect to this behavior.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

Hello All,

We now have a Community Alert for this issue that can be followed for updates:

We appreciate everyone's patience!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.