How to edit one instance of a Recurring Reminder? (edited)

Diver4242
Diver4242 Member ✭✭
edited June 2023 in Bills and Income

I have a recurring transfer from checking to a savings account, which is a nice feature, but just for the next one I'm going to dial that amount down. I don't see any way to do that?? It only allows the series to be edited. I'd rather not wait until it happens, as I'm getting cash flow warnings about account balance and I want a clear view upcoming.

Also, how to put in annuities? I don't see that anywhere.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓

Hello @Diver4242,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

You can edit a single instance of a Recurring Reminder by following these steps:

1. Hover over the panel on the left-hand side and select Transactions.
    2. Locate the Reminder you'd like to edit and click the three dots to the upper right of it.
    3. Select Edit reminder.
    4. Make the necessary changes and click Update when done.

This will edit the single Reminder, which will not affect the entire Recurring Series. More details on using Recurring Transactions, including a video of the steps I provided above, can be found here.

When it comes to your second question regarding annuities, since we want to keep Community posts on topic to a single subject, you'll want to create a separate post to ask your separate question, and the Community will be happy to assist.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• Diver4242
    Diver4242 Member ✭✭

Ok thanks. I saw that edit a reminder but I didn't want to edit the reminder, I wanted to edit the actual transaction, not very intuitive there, perhaps give feedback to the team.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

Hello @Diver4242,

Thanks for posting back!

Has the transaction itself been entered/downloaded into Simplifi? If not, you won't be able to edit it until it exists in the program. Editing the associated Reminder in the meantime, however, should give you accurate projections. Once the transaction downloads and is linked to the Reminder, the amount of the actual transaction is what will stick. So, if you set the Reminder for the same amount you plan to pay, everything should stay the same as far as projections/account balances go.

Hopefully that makes sense, but let us know if not. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.